7,550 tickets sold for the Citrus Bowl

Is there anywhere that announces how many tickets are sold for the game total? Or do we have to wait until they announce the crowd size at the game?

Section 232 and 233 have pretty much every ticket still available for purchase on ticketmaster. I'd say about 20% have been sold just taking a quick look at it, and they are still pretty decent seats.

The game is in Orlando, do you think there are any alumni, fans who live in Florida? Or are snowbirds? This is not part of the ticket sales.

Complaint warning: the U of M keeps pushing their "Buy a ticket and send a student to the bowl game!" campaign hard, but the number of students going on a U of M sponsored trip has been set at 240 for at least a week now. And all students paid $300 for the trip, which is not being affected by how many tickets are donated.

So "buying a ticket a ticket for a U of M" student is really just a donation to the U.

(And before anyone brings up how affordable the trip is I do realize and appreciate that. And I also realize there is nothing wrong with a donation, but I don't think the U should be tricking people into donating.)

Complaint warning: the U of M keeps pushing their "Buy a ticket and send a student to the bowl game!" campaign hard, but the number of students going on a U of M sponsored trip has been set at 240 for at least a week now. And all students paid $300 for the trip, which is not being affected by how many tickets are donated.

So "buying a ticket a ticket for a U of M" student is really just a donation to the U.

(And before anyone brings up how affordable the trip is I do realize and appreciate that. And I also realize there is nothing wrong with a donation, but I don't think the U should be tricking people into donating.)

My guess is the U is covering part of the cost of the trip but the more people donate, the less they have to cover.

My guess is the U is covering part of the cost of the trip but the more people donate, the less they have to cover.

Yeah I think you are right and that's what they are doing, but I don't think they should be marketing it as if buying a ticket to donate to the students is actually going to send an additional student.

And I'm not normally a grinch, just my two cents on the topic.

Well then donate to the military. It is providing tickets for our military people in the Orlando area.

Top Bottom