Off Season for Mitch

Actually, I read somewhere the MSU-Mankato QB could have done it too. He had some offers out of HS see.

Don't you mean that guy who started a couple games at Southern Mississippi?

Actually, I read somewhere the MSU-Mankato QB could have done it too. He had some offers out of HS see.

Funny you bring him up, as I was watching that game on Saturday I was thinking to myself "I wish our QB was able to throw that nice of a ball". Transfer from Southern Miss who started some games then lost his spot due to an injury and never got it back. I would take that guy in a heartbeat.

Funny you bring him up, as I was watching that game on Saturday I was thinking to myself "I wish our QB was able to throw that nice of a ball". Transfer from Southern Miss who started some games then lost his spot due to an injury and never got it back. I would take that guy in a heartbeat.

Let's look at QB ratings for the B1G. I'm taking QBs with 10 or more games. Mitch ends up at #7. To be honest, that is not bad. Just below him is the following: Gardner, McEvoy, Brown, Siemien, and Hackenberg. While his completion percentage is low; he doesn't throw many interceptions and he's thrown a few TD passes.

Mitch is not the train-wreck some on this board would make us believe.

Let's look at QB ratings for the B1G. I'm taking QBs with 10 or more games. Mitch ends up at #7. To be honest, that is not bad. Just below him is the following: Gardner, McEvoy, Brown, Siemien, and Hackenberg. While his completion percentage is low; he doesn't throw many interceptions and he's thrown a few TD passes.

Agreed.

I see Leider's woes in four ways. All of which have already been brought up here.

Scheme
Supporting cast
Knee injury
Ability

He plays in a scheme that tries to throw the ball down field. Our wide receivers are lacking and then two of them get hurt (Jones and Wolitarsky). He hurt his knee which probably affected his mechanics and mobility. And finally he was a project to begin with and he wouldn't be the starter if Mankato Jesus hadn't crumbled under the pressure of being a starting QB in the B1G down the stretch last year. Maybe next year a healthy more experienced Mitch with a slew of new receivers to throw to will kick it up a notch. In my opinion the only way Mitch doesn't start next year is if get injured or someone completely outplays him in practice.

You got that right! The real train wreck is this string. The good news is that coaches are a lot smarter than the "experts" at the GopherHole.:rolleyes:

There isn't an exact definition for "gamer, but at the very least, to be called a "gamer", one would need to put up some kind of stats. Statistically, ML is one of the worst QBs in D1 football.

There are lots of D3 guys you could put on the Gophers and many of them would be tough, compete, play with passion and be a good leader. They would be terrible D1 football players, but they could very well be "gamers", based on your definition.
If you improve as a poster there are some D3 schools that could use you. But, not quite yet and there's plenty of evidence you just don't have what it takes. You're negativity has really ramped up. What happened?

If Mitch for any reason gets injured whoever is behind him better take the opportunity like Cobb did when Kirkwood was down due to injury.

We'd like for the next man up to be very capable at QB and compete for the starting job.

what impressed you?..The 90 yards the kid threw for on 20 attempts? or the fact he lead an offense that was shutout in a Natty game? NOW the kid from Bemidji who is starting at NDSU is a PRO prospect. What was the deal with his ecruitment?

Anyone else see the deja vu here to the posts we used to see about Adam Weber and Bryan Cupito? When was the last QB we liked? Hohensee?

Let's start with footwork. And formation. So much of the game is about controlling the clock, and running the football. Zone read from the Pistol or Shotgun. Or from the I. Each is a different platform for throwing the ball. From the I it could be a three step, five step, or seven step drop. And then there is half roll right and left. To be accurate, he needs to keep the ball high in the throwing postion. Brace of his back foot and stride with his left. To be a great QB you need to understand or have pitched.

Most throwing teams keep there QB in the Shotgun and throw off rhythm. This is a timing route. The ball is gone in under 3 seconds. And you are dedicated to throwing it 55-60 times a game. This was Texas Tech, it is Oklahoma State. For those who go way back it was Drew Breese.

The Gophers are a ball control team. The team that does it best would be the Seattle Seahawks. Wilson was a shortstop.

Let's start with footwork. And formation. So much of the game is about controlling the clock, and running the football. Zone read from the Pistol or Shotgun. Or from the I. Each is a different platform for throwing the ball. From the I it could be a three step, five step, or seven step drop. And then there is half roll right and left. To be accurate, he needs to keep the ball high in the throwing postion. Brace of his back foot and stride with his left. To be a great QB you need to understand or have pitched. Most throwing teams keep there QB in the Shotgun and throw off rhythm. This is a timing route. The ball is gone in under 3 seconds. And you are dedicated to throwing it 55-60 times a game. This was Texas Tech, it is Oklahoma State. For those who go way back it was Drew Breese. The Gophers are a ball control team. The team that does it best would be the Seattle Seahawks. Wilson was a shortstop.

Quick! Who is the current Shortstop for the Gophers baseball team? Sign him up! :cool:

Quick! Who is the current Shortstop for the Gophers baseball team? Sign him up! :cool:

Actually, you joke BUT I saw a still photo of him at practice and he had perfect form.

We are in a Jan 1st bowl and everyone knows how long it's been. I don't care who the QB is he deserves a lot of credit for getting us there.

Top Bottom