Andre Hollins and Gophers career records

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
They mentioned last night that Hollins became just the 5th Gopher to have 1,000 career points and 300 assists so I took a look at other records. I was surprised at home many top 5 lists he could/should be on by the end of the season. Obviously it is easier to pile up numbers now because there are more games. Still cool to look at in my opinion (I'm a stats guy). I'll try to update this once in awhile throughout the season. Hopefully I don't jinx him!

Through 24 games this season (2/8/15):

Total Points
1,660 which ranks 6th all-time. Next on the list is McHale at 1,704 and Jacobson at 1,709. He's still on pace to get close to 1,800 total. The current top 3 are Thompson (1,992), Burton (1,800), and Breuer (1,777).

3-point FG & Attempts
Currently 257 for 650, both second all time behind Hoffarber. He is on pace to get close to breaking both records. The records are 279 made and 682 attempted. He's also just outside the top 5 in 3 point FG percentage.

FT Made & %

He's made 395 FT's which is 3rd all time, and is on pace to get close to Burton's record of 426. His career FT % is .828. The record is .810 by Voshon Lenard.

All with a smile on his face and seemingly a great ambassador for the program. Epitome of student athlete.

The current top 3 are Thompson (1,992), Burton (1,800), and Breuer (1,777)....

3-point FG & Attempts
Currently 223 for 563, both second all time behind Hoffarber. He is on pace to get close to breaking both records. The records are 279 made and 682 attempted. He's also just outside the top 5 in 3 point FG percentage.

The current top 3 behind Voshon Lenard's 2044 points, you mean. ;)

And Andre's third behind Lenard's 267 threes (behind Hoffarber's 279.) ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just put an asterisk next to my unofficial post....

Yeah, I didn't know where to find all the info. Thanks for the additional info.

Last winter I was curious and went digging for the unofficial, non-vacated stat leaders. I don't remember which stat site I used then but sports-reference.com has Lenard listed at 2103 points, 276 three pointers made, and an 80.2% career free throw mark.

Unless somebody else knows otherwise, I think the only way to know what the stats would look like with the scandal years included is to use sites like sports-reference and compile your own list for the missing years.

Still cool to look at in my opinion (I'm a stats guy). I'll try to update this once in awhile throughout the season.

#StatsGuy

One thing to throw out there as well re: Dre is that he's played with and through injuries. For all the gripes (valid ones, too) re: Tubby, both Andre Hollins and the unrelated Austin Hollins were/have been tremendous kids to bring into the program.

Has a chance to play in more games than Austin. Entered the year at 107. Austin entered his Senior year at 103. Austin finished at 141. (Minutes might be a better measuring stick. 2,617 for Austin entering his Senior year compared to 2,900 for Andre. Austin finished with 3,875.)

He was on an elite player on Saturday, when we set more screens and enhanced his likelihood of success. I hope the screens and picks are employed regularly going forward.

So he is still "not" an elite player?

I think he is way too inconsistent to be an elite player. But he has consistently put up solid overall numbers. Unfortunately his numbers haven't really gotten much better over his career. That is what is most disappointing.

I think he is way too inconsistent to be an elite player. But he has consistently put up solid overall numbers. Unfortunately his numbers haven't really gotten much better over his career. That is what is most disappointing.

Point well taken, except, what if he had not gotten hurt last year? Might he be a different player right now?

So he is still "not" an elite player?

His major deficiency is that he is not real quick for someone that is 6'2", other than that he has pretty good skills, but at that size with that shortfall it will be hard for him to get drafted and truly be considered an elite player.

His major deficiency is that he is not real quick for someone that is 6'2", other than that he has pretty good skills, but at that size with that shortfall it will be hard for him to get drafted and truly be considered an elite player.

How can he not be quick? He is on track to catch or pass in total points several Gophers who made it to the NBA after playing much of his carer at point guard and also missing all those games last year?

More games available and the three point shot. I wonder how many more points Trent Tucker would have had with the three point shot in play?

The career free throw percentage record is an interesting one. If you add Voshon's two years that were wiped off the books, his career percentage is 80.2% instead of 81.0% And that would put Flip Saunders (80.9%) and Lawrence Westbrook (80.7%) ahead of him. So because he cheated, he became the record holder.

Appreciate your Voshon Lenard stats. He remains the all time scoring leader at the U of M in my mind...

Last Gopher to average more than 20 PPG in a season??

The Q, Quincy Lewis. That type of consistency is very impressive.

How can he not be quick? He is on track to catch or pass in total points several Gophers who made it to the NBA after playing much of his carer at point guard and also missing all those games last year?

He is not real quick.

Just like Hoff. Lot's of points and played pg for awhile.

Top Bottom