***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS SEATTLE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Good Morris = NCAA. Bad Morris = NIT.

You are going to get some good and bad. However, I for one am very pleasantly surprised by how good he is and can be. This team is better than last year's team- no doubt in my mind. Morris and Mason are huge additions, Hollins is better than last year, Walker is better, Buggs is getting better and Konate will help as the year goes on. The key to the NCAAs is getting off to a good start in the Big Ten. Having three of our first four games on the road with the home game being OSU is a tough way to start. Get out of that stretch no worse than 2 - 2 and they will be fine.

You are going to get some good and bad. However, I for one am very pleasantly surprised by how good he is an can be. This team is better than last year's team- no doubt in my mind. Morris and Mason are huge additions, Hollins is better than last year, Walker is better, Buggs is getting better and Konate will help as the year goes on. The key to the NCAAs is getting off to a good start in the Big Ten. Having three of our first four games on the road with the home game being OSU is a tough way to start. Get out of that stretch no worse than 2 - 2 and they will be fine.

Surprised how much the team was looking for Squirrel as well. He was told we need a scorer and to shoot if he was open for a 3 by Pitino, but what surprised me is how much his teammates were looking to set him up for that shot.

Morris can help this team in some games and be the difference between a win and a loss in certain games...

..but no way is he the difference between NCAA & NIT. Not even close.

Morris can help this team in some games and be the difference between a win and a loss in certain games...

Wrong.

If you look at the minutes he logs.....his play is very significant. He's a good spot up shooter, creates havok on the defensive end, and is physical enough to fight with larger foes for rebounds.

My main concern with him is that he is a terrible ball handler. TO machine. Pitino is likely telling him to pass rather than dribble. If he limits his turnovers......he could be one of those swing players that determines whether we make the tournament or not.

If he wasn't on the team......we wouldn't really notice. Got it. Thanks for wasting my time.

Another post where you said absolutely nothing.

Wrong.

If you look at the minutes he logs.....his play is very significant. He's a good spot up shooter, creates havok on the defensive end, and is physical enough to fight with larger foes for rebounds.

My main concern with him is that he is a terrible ball handler. TO machine. Pitino is likely telling him to pass rather than dribble. If he limits his turnovers......he could be one of those swing players that determines whether we make the tournament or not.

I can tell you that Pitino is not telling him to pass rather than dribble. He isn't a terrible ball handler either. Sure he has made some mistakes, but he isn't terrible at all. He can get by guys off the dribble.

GW, your post just showed you are certainly not as smart as you think you are. This team is a bubble team. Therefore, when you state that Morris will be the difference between and a loss in certain games, then you just validated the very point that Madtown was making: Good Morris = NCAA. Bad Morris = NIT.

I love Morris, he's decent on Defense and hard to guard on Offense. My only complaint about him were his bad shot selection, but he's been a lot better at it lately. I think he's finally catching on to what Coach wants him to be.

Ok, smart guy, who on the team is a bigger X-Factor to this team's success then?

Remember what I've said...

Remind us again, what did you say?

I seem to remember you telling us that there was a 60% chance that Diednieu would not be on the roster. Three days later he was on the roster and on scholarship. Oh yeah, here it is:

If I had to guess, would probably lean toward him not being added.. but for those who loves my percentages... I'm maybe at 60%/40% on that now

Good call.

Ok, smart guy, who on the team is a bigger X-Factor to this team's success then?

Dre and DeAndre. Absolute keys to this team's success.

And that's a firm stance.

(My riders seem to get easily confused by when I'm "calling" something and when I'm not... "it's a tough call,... wouldn't be surprised with any outcome and any timing" does not equal a firm stance)

Dre and DeAndre. Absolute keys to this team's success.

And that's a firm stance.

(My riders seem to get easily confused by when I'm "calling" something and when I'm not... "it's a tough call,... wouldn't be surprised with any outcome and any timing" does not equal a firm stance)

LOL

You're a fraud. You insinuated for months that GD wouldn't be on the team because Pitino didn't want him anymore. You never gave us one shred of proof to back up your conspiracy.

Now you're saying a starting SF will not determine if the team goes to the NCAA tournament.

At least kellyleeks is knowingly playing a character. I am starting to believe that you actually believe the stuff that you say.

LOL

You're a fraud. You insinuated for months that GD wouldn't be on the team because Pitino didn't want him anymore. You never gave us one shred of proof to back up your conspiracy.

What's changed since the fall semester was about to begin?

3 guys - off the team.

Gophers added 2 players this week. (One played last night.)

Get a grip.

What's changed since the fall semester was about to begin?

3 guys - off the team.

Gophers added 2 players this week. (One played last night.)

Get a grip.

Get a life. GD was going to be on the team the whole time, as long as he performed better on his English test. You have zero evidence to state otherwise.

Put up or shut up. Or in this case, leave Gopherhole.

(My riders seem to get easily confused by when I'm "calling" something and when I'm not… "it's a tough call,... wouldn't be surprised with any outcome and any timing" does not equal a firm stance)

I get it, you said - in your own words - it a tough "call," but yet you claim you weren't "calling" anything. Got it. Makes sense. You know, it is okay to just admit you were wrong. Even in rare circumstances.

(My riders seem to get easily confused

The only one "riding" anything is you, backpedalling all the way.

View attachment 3256

Top Bottom