all things Mike Lukashewich thread

GopherOhana

Reaction score
we need one, right?

his highlight tape on youtube

Welcome Gopher Lukashewich!

He's a walk-on being added mid-season. Warm body and practice player. Good deal for the kid.

I'd be a lot more excited if he was a 6'8" walk-on. Seems like we've got plenty of 6'3" guys already.

There's no finer wine than a nice bottle of Lukashewich!

Wrong. He cooled on them.

Do you have a source on this? Just curious to your knowledge on such a little known player such as Mike. Are you insinuating that Bo Ryan wanted him as a Badger but he preferred to go to the MN and hope for a walk on opportunity?

Do you have a source on this? Just curious to your knowledge on such a little known player such as Mike. Are you insinuating that Bo Ryan wanted him as a Badger but he preferred to go to the MN and hope for a walk on opportunity?

My source is common sense.

I think it was one in a series of jokes. I wouldn't try to glean too much from it.

Yes, my stupidity for acknowledging anything from the self proclaimed Dr.

I'm assuming this guy was just a pretty good high school basketball player who was already enrolled at the U? The U of M didn't have open tryouts did they?

The U of M didn't have open tryouts did they?

Yeah they had open tryouts. My friends and I were considering going and trying out just for the heck of it.

Apparently he was pretty good in Wisconsin but he didn't want to play college ball because he wanted to focus on his studies.

Yeah they had open tryouts. My friends and I were considering going and trying out just for the heck of it.

Apparently he was pretty good in Wisconsin but he didn't want to play college ball because he wanted to focus on his studies.

Cool - thanks for the response. I think it is good for the student interest in the program to do stuff like this - even if it doesn't help the team out. There was never an open tryout (at least that I heard about) when I went to the U. Once in a while a walk-on would get added mid-season, but it was never via a broad-reaching open tryout.

It was kind of funny on Jeopardy a few months ago, a guy that went to Duke had gone to a Coach K open tryout back when Coach K was starting at Duke. At the end of the tryout, he evidently went up and shook Coach K's hand and thanked him for allowing him to tryout. The press later asked Coach K how the open tryout went, and he said something like it was interesting - there was this one guy who wasn't very good, and for some reason at the end of the tryout he came up to me and thanked me.

If the guy can play defense and shoot, there's no reason he can't be a contributor, especially with his height. I always say, if Jon Bryant can help Wisconsin reach the Final Four in 1999...

Just another athlete form the GB/Appleton walk-on pipeline to the U.

Wettstein
Mortell
Lukashewich

Just another athlete form the GB/Appleton walk-on pipeline to the U.

Wettstein
Mortell
Lukashewich

Lots of good basketball players and athletes in this area.
Surprisingly a good number of kids head to the U of M instead of going to Madison.

the Dude is racking up the minutes, even before GD gets into a game

Top Bottom