Texas A&M goes on the naughty list

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
After an exhaustive investigation, Athletic Business’ Committee on Voter Compliance has discovered proof that more than 100,000 votes cast on behalf of Texas A&M’s Kyle Field were done so fraudulently. Therefore, Kyle Field has been ruled ineligible from the 2014 College Facility Playoff effective immediately.

Link

Link to Semifinals

Well ain't that a kick in the nuts for TexasAggie guy!!!

This reminds me of when we were kids and the local McDonalds was giving away an Artic Cat Kitty Kat to whoever was lucky enough to have their entry picked in a drawing. One young hoodlum in our neighborhood got the bright idea to fill out hundreds of entry forms to give himself a bit of an advantage. If that wasn’t enough, the day before the drawing, in snuck behind the counter at McDonalds, snatched the ballot box, emptied it in the trash, and inserted all his entries. The next day when they had the drawing, lo and behold, wouldn’t you know he was the lucky winner and went home with a new ride. The kid was about 10-years old and it was probably the most ambitious and ingenious thing he ever did in life. I sure did envy him.

1. I see no official rules posted specifying who or what can vote. That's just the good old fashioned American Way to give yourself the best competitive advantage possible. Not only does our stadium kick ass, we also have good computer programmers.

2. Any poll that has Baylor's McLane Stadium winning is immediately void. Hedges, History, Noise, and Tradition all > Brick Tarp and a Toilet Seat Shape

3. Kyle Field doesn't look too pretty at the moment anyway (but still would be a better place to watch a game than McLane):
10860902_10152686923052885_4306724224008053224_o.jpg

I like McLane stadium a lot. I followed its construction on skyscrapercity.com. It looks like it took a lot of its design from TCF Bank Stadium. I absolutely love the interior. The exterior is a little "cheap" looking compared to TCF but overall it is a really nice stadium, placed in a smart locale across the river from campus. First class.

1. I see no official rules posted specifying who or what can vote. That's just the good old fashioned American Way to give yourself the best competitive advantage possible. Not only does our stadium kick ass, we also have good computer programmers.

2. Any poll that has Baylor's McLane Stadium winning is immediately void. Hedges, History, Noise, and Tradition all > Brick Tarp and a Toilet Seat Shape

3. Kyle Field doesn't look too pretty at the moment anyway (but still would be a better place to watch a game than McLane):
10860902_10152686923052885_4306724224008053224_o.jpg

Wannabe military academy. Of course their history and academic standards aren't close.

Aggie, that stadium looks hideous right now.

Update when it's done.

Wannabe military academy. Of course their history and academic standards aren't close.

Coming from a wannabe B1G football fan. Of course his teams' history has been stellar the last 50-years both on and off the field including all those years playing in a place known as the Metro Dump (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...es-notre-dame-stadium-fighting-irish-football). Check out GSR rates starting in cohort years 1998-2007 (http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/division-i-graduation-success-rates-search). Yup, good stuff.

Good thing we have had such a glorious past in basketball including a conference title and final appearance in 1997 that, oh wait, never mind. At least hockey has been squeaky clean: http://www.uscho.com/2005/11/09/underage-drinking-allegations-leveled-against-gopher-players/

So you are a fan of Sam Boyd Stadium and the old MetroDump?

Ha! I actually went to one of those truck things in the metro dump. I don't know what the hell I was thinking but I brought my kid when he was little. It was the longest, most brutal, three hours of my life! The only thing that could possibly be worse is to get stuck in an elevator with leekykell for three or more minutes.

^ I was also at the UNLV game and that thing they call a stadium makes our indoor practice facility look great.

Aggie, that stadium looks hideous right now.

Update when it's done.

Wait until Sunday morning... with a push of a button and a cloud of smoke everything you see in that picture above will be gone.

Coming from a wannabe B1G football fan. Of course his teams' history has been stellar the last 50-years both on and off the field including all those years playing in a place known as the Metro Dump (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...es-notre-dame-stadium-fighting-irish-football). Check out GSR rates starting in cohort years 1998-2007 (http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/division-i-graduation-success-rates-search). Yup, good stuff.

Good thing we have had such a glorious past in basketball including a conference title and final appearance in 1997 that, oh wait, never mind. At least hockey has been squeaky clean: http://www.uscho.com/2005/11/09/underage-drinking-allegations-leveled-against-gopher-players/

I was comparing da aggies to the service academies, which for some reason they think that their cadet corps is similar to.

kellyleeks once again shows his/her ignorance.

In the United States, unlike most other countries, the term "military academy" does not necessarily mean an institution run by the armed forces to train its own military officers; it may also mean a middle school, high school or tertiary-level college, whether public or private, which instructs its students in military-style education, discipline and tradition. In addition, most state "military academies" in the United States today maintain both a civilian student body and a traditional corps of cadets.

The term you are looking for is "Service Academy," and no one here wants to be that. Doing so would rob our students of the rich diversity of people and interests that we have due to the civilians on campus through our status as a "Senior Military College." Graduates from our Corps of Cadets are well-equipped to take leadership in military AND civilian roles. I feel like we've gone over this before, have you forgotten, or do you simply refuse to learn?

In the United States, a senior military college (SMC) is one of six colleges that offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) programs and are specifically recognized under 10 USC 2111a(f). The six senior military colleges are:

University of North Georgia; Dahlonega, Georgia
Norwich University; Northfield, Vermont
Texas A&M University; College Station, Texas
The Citadel; Charleston, South Carolina
Virginia Military Institute; Lexington, Virginia
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech); Blacksburg, Virginia

Under U.S. law and U.S. Army regulations, there are three types of ROTC programs administered, each with a different element.

Not only are we a senior military college (and the largest thereof), we are a land-grant university. Those who know anything about history would know that this means:

A land-grant university (also called land-grant college or land-grant institution) is an institution of higher education in the United States designated by a state to receive the benefits of the Morrill Acts of 1862 and 1890.

The Morrill Acts funded educational institutions by granting federally controlled land to the states for them to sell to raise funds to establish and endow "land-grant" colleges. The mission of these institutions as set forth in the 1862 Act is to focus on the teaching of practical agriculture, science, military science and engineering (though "without excluding ... classical studies"), as a response to the industrial revolution and changing social class.[1][2] This mission was in contrast to the historic practice of higher education to focus on an abstract liberal arts curriculum.

We are not a service academy, nor do we purport / desire to become one. Military training is a part of what we do, but we are much more diverse than that singular focus. I'm not going to apologize for preparing students for a variety of vocations in life, and doing it with more than a cohort of 1,000 students at a time.

Texas A&M furnished more officers to the war effort than the United States Military Academy at West Point. Some 20,229 current and former Texas A&M students and faculty served in the armed forces during World War II; 14,123 were officers.

A total of 3,319 (US Naval Academy) graduates were commissioned during World War II.

If the service academies were the only ones out there able to prepare officers for commissioning, we would have a vacuum of leadership in our armed forces. Don't hate on a university which trains officers as one of the things it does, nor think it should be the only thing it does.

I'm assuming he said that to pull your leg and get a reaction out of you. He succeeded.

kellyleeks once again shows his/her ignorance.

The term you are looking for is "Service Academy," and no one here wants to be that. Doing so would rob our students of the rich diversity of people and interests that we have due to the civilians on campus through our status as a "Senior Military College." Graduates from our Corps of Cadets are well-equipped to take leadership in military AND civilian roles. I feel like we've gone over this before, have you forgotten, or do you simply refuse to learn?

Not only are we a senior military college (and the largest thereof), we are a land-grant university. Those who know anything about history would know that this means:

We are not a service academy, nor do we purport / desire to become one. Military training is a part of what we do, but we are much more diverse than that singular focus. I'm not going to apologize for preparing students for a variety of vocations in life, and doing it with more than a cohort of 1,000 students at a time.

If the service academies were the only ones out there able to prepare officers for commissioning, we would have a vacuum of leadership in our armed forces. Don't hate on a university which trains officers as one of the things it does, nor think it should be the only thing it does.
This guy takes the internet pretty seriously.

Top Bottom