Pitino on Walker in practice other day: He looked like a guy who could play in NBA

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Nah. I like Mo, but I'm not crazy enough to buy into that!

If Mo can play with the attitude and fire he was playing with in the last two Non Con's he is going to be a force. He is such an emotional player, rides momentum soooo much.

Mo has wonderful skills and moves for a big man. He just struggles with being double teamed and defenders that are far more athletic than he is that can easily contest his shots.

I'm wondering if we can get a comment from Pdiddy on this thread? :)

Love Mo but he had to lose a 5th grader to get to Zach Randolphs level regarding his vertical. Mo can't jump over the Duluth phone book

Nba? Haaaa. That's funny. So he looked good against North Dakota State. Show me something against an upper level Big Ten team, and not these cream puffs we've been playing. To play in the nba you need to be tough as nails. I like Mo but he is not tough and he does not have good enough hands to play in the nba. Courtney James was tough, loved him!!! Wish he would have made it to the next level. Go gophers!!

Pitino is simply finding ways to motivate Mo to play with intensity. Mo has the tools, he lacks the fire which may come from a lack of confidence. I think I remember Pitino referencing this when Mo lost all of his weight.

Either way, he's come a long way as a player and hopefully as a student.

You never know though. If he plays well someone could easily take a waver on him in a late 2nd round pick. 6'10' players with a little skill aren't that easy to come by. If he can work on his defense and rebounding the rest of the season that would be great as he'll need both of those to find a spot on an NBA roster. My guess is he probably has a 5 year career overseas though before moving on from basketball.

Nba? Haaaa. That's funny. So he looked good against North Dakota State. Show me something against an upper level Big Ten team, and not these cream puffs we've been playing. To play in the nba you need to be tough as nails. I like Mo but he is not tough and he does not have good enough hands to play in the nba. Courtney James was tough, loved him!!! Wish he would have made it to the next level. Go gophers!!

I don't think Pitino is saying he will actually play in the NBA. Just that in this practice he looked really good.

Top Bottom