All things TAILGATING in Orlando

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
The everything bowl thread got too long and difficult to find things. Let's get a Tailgating Only thread so we can use it as a data base.

I'll start:

Because of limited time with flights, I cannot go to any of the official tailgates. I will be keeping my options open, but if I can find a Gopher Tailgate, I'd love to join in and help pay. It sounds like there will be something good going in Lot 9 among some Florida Gophers.

We just purchased two spots in Lot 9 on Tuesday night. Are there any restrictions around those lots compared to normal? I saw something for a lot down there that alcohol wasn't permitted, but haven't seen any information for Lot 9.

Here are also details of the Alumni Association Tailgate:

Thursday, January 1

U of M Alumni Association Tailgate
10:00 - 1:00pm
Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium
Lake Lorna Doone Park (north of the stadium)
Join fellow fans at the University of Minnesota Alumni Association Official Gopher Pregame Tailgate Event. Enjoy a hot buffet, beer, wine and entertainment before heading over to the big game. Tickets are $69 per person and can be purchased at gophersfantravel.com.

Still debating between the UMAA Tailgate and just kind of going about it on our own. Right now, we are heavy lean towards the UMAA Tailgate as we won't have a car and it would be nice to have everything included like they do.

Is there a price for kids for the UMAA tailgate? Don't want to spend $69 each for my kids.

We're doing Lot 9 too! Hoping there are lots of Gophers fans there. Also hoping the say "hello" to me instead of tweeting me after the fact that they saw me, lol :).

Still debating between the UMAA Tailgate and just kind of going about it on our own. Right now, we are heavy lean towards the UMAA Tailgate as we won't have a car and it would be nice to have everything included like they do.

I used to love the Goal Line Tailgates for road games. They were a good option when you don't have all your stuff. I did the UMAA one at USC and I remember getting like 2 drink tickets, and lines were insane for drinks. It looks like this could be unlimited beer and wine, but I was shocked the USC wasn't, because I want to say we paid $40 or $50. $70 just seems extreme.

Is there a price for kids for the UMAA tailgate? Don't want to spend $69 each for my kids.

I didn't see a rate for kids. Hopefully they are free.

This "Lot 9", where do i go to find if there is availability? I don't see it available on the click and park page.

From Gopherlady[

I used to love the Goal Line Tailgates for road games. They were a good option when you don't have all your stuff. I did the UMAA one at USC and I remember getting like 2 drink tickets, and lines were insane for drinks. It looks like this could be unlimited beer and wine, but I was shocked the USC wasn't, because I want to say we paid $40 or $50. $70 just seems extreme.

I also remember that USC tailgate, and by the time I arrived the lines were under control but the drink part of it was not so great. What I do recall was that the southwestern style breakfast options were way above average for one of these events.

What I remember of the UNLV official tailgate was that the food wasn't anything to write home about, but that the top shelf open bar for two plus hours made that one a great deal. In my case it was too much of a good deal! I will not have time to get to the UMAA tailgate unless the car rental operation is real efficient at the Airport.

UMAA Tailgate Party just sold out. I waited 20 minutes too long to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate $69 kid drinks.

I was struggling with this too, which is why I held off on buying tickets. Then I finally decided to do it a few minutes ago and they were sold out. Looks like the option being sponsored by the Citrus Bowl is even more expensive for kids ($75) and adults ($85).

http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/tickets.aspx

Anyone have some sway with the UMAA to rope off a bigger area at the park and increase capacity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was struggling with this too, which is why I held off on buying tickets. Then I finally decided to do it a few minutes ago and they were sold out. Looks like the option being sponsored by the Citrus Bowl is even more expensive for kids ($75) and adults ($85). http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/tickets.aspx Anyone have some sway with the UMAA to rope off a bigger area at the park and increase capacity? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a plaza area that is free from the sounds of it in the thing I got with my bowl tickets today.

I was struggling with this too, which is why I held off on buying tickets. Then I finally decided to do it a few minutes ago and they were sold out. Looks like the option being sponsored by the Citrus Bowl is even more expensive for kids ($75) and adults ($85). http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/tickets.aspx Anyone have some sway with the UMAA to rope off a bigger area at the park and increase capacity? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a Fan Fest that is put on by BWW in Lake Lorna Doone Park that is free admission. It begins at 9 a.m. and goes until kickoff. It was listed in the fan guide that I received with my bowl tickets from the U today.

UMAA Tailgate Party just sold out. I waited 20 minutes too long to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is great news to hear from an overall UMAA pre-game party/tailgate participation standpoint. Not that you missed it before it sounds like it sold out though. Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps try that Lot 9 that other's have mentioned? Or I am sure there will be other lots and general plaza type areas around the stadium that have plenty of Gopher fans milling around. Best of luck. Ski-U-Mah!

There is a Fan Fest that is put on by BWW in Lake Lorna Doone Park that is free admission. It begins at 9 a.m. and goes until kickoff. It was listed in the fan guide that I received with my bowl tickets from the U today.

Hopefully the BWW sponsorship means they'll be selling beer? I'm in the Pacific Tome Zone, so UPS still has a couple of hours to deliver my tickets with that fan guide.

This sounds good to me! Now we just need to decide where to stay and where to go on NYE (chicken and egg thing).

I get to watch my first New Year's bowl game with my gear on. This is pretty exciting.

This "Lot 9", where do i go to find if there is availability? I don't see it available on the click and park page.

I got both of my passes on Stubhub. Paid something like $40/each. Figured the lots through the Citrus Bowl were around $32, so it was worth it to pay a tad more to get in a lot with plenty of Gopher fans that should allow full tailgating. Also closer to the stadium, which is always nice.

We found a parking pass in LOT G (small lot next to the Citrus Bowl) on Ticket City for $49 plus shipping. We'll stop and get a Styro-foam cooler...some cups...big bag of ice...case of beer...bottle of something and a mix. Then have our own Tailgate...!

Quick tip for those looking for Lot 9 passes. On Stubhub, they are listed lowest price first, but if you scroll to the 2nd/3rd page of listings, there are more lot passes that people didn't list correctly for about half the price - ~$22 (they listed as Parking Lot 9 instead of Public Parking 9). Make Lot 9 the Home of the Gophers!

My group of 4 is in lot L but considering there is a strict no alcohol policy I'm sure we'll just carry a case or three to another lot north of the highway. Sounds like it'll be lot 9.

The Billd's are in Lot M too.

With 2 kids we'll probably head north to the Fan Fest and set up our own tailgate there.

However, Lot 9's on the way and we'll probably work our way through it on the way up.

Still, should be good times one way or the other.

Top Bottom