Reusse: Visit by Seattle U. basketball brings back early Baylor years

BleedGopher

Reaction score
We should start to market some of these non-conference games by promoting the legends that played for them decades ago!

Per Pat:

The basketball Gophers’ annual December march through a half-dozen minor opponents inside Williams Arena continues on Friday night against Seattle University.

This is a sad reality for the season-ticket holders paying full price for minimal entertainment, and a sad reminder for Minnesota basketball followers with a long memory.

Seattle played for the national championship — an 84-72 loss to Kentucky in Louisville — in March 1958. The Chieftains did so because of the presence of Elgin Baylor, a 6-foot-5 junior forward.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/286180331.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Seattle was out of D1 basketball from 1980-2008. A similar school with a glorious past, San Francisco, was also out of D1 for a period of time but their program's redevelopment is well ahead of Seattle. These schools have to start somewhere.

I can't wait for the conference season to start so I don't have to read any more continuous whining about the non-conference schedule. Maybe some of you need real problems in your lives to take your minds off this futile issue.

Seattle was out of D1 basketball from 1980-2008. A similar school with a glorious past, San Francisco, was also out of D1 for a period of time but their program's redevelopment is well ahead of Seattle. These schools have to start somewhere.

I can't wait for the conference season to start so I don't have to read any more continuous whining about the non-conference schedule. Maybe some of you need real problems in your lives to take your minds off this futile issue.

Sorry, but the thing that gets my goat is that we season ticket holders are paying more for a ticket against Seattle than single-game buyers are paying for certain conference games. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Top Bottom