FSN: Gophers bracing to stop SEC Defensive Player of the Year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Missouri's defense as a whole has been solid this year, but the Gophers have yet to see a player quite like Ray. There's no question all eyes will be on No. 56 on New Year's Day.

"You're playing the Southeast Conference Player of the Year. I think we all know what kind of talent is in the Southeast Conference," Gophers coach Jerry Kill said Wednesday of Ray. "He's really, really good. The other one is really good. I know I've called about three coaches who have played against them, and they said they're even better when they play than when you watch them on field."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...-stop-sec-defensive-player-of-the-year-121714

Go Gophers!!

No contest. We have the Big Ten field goal holder champ of the year.

GO GOPHERS!!!

They will know where #33 (Golden) is as well. He did not play against Indiana and is equally as impressive as Ray when playing healthy.

Yeah, it will be complete shock and awe, because he is head and shoulders above Devonte Fields (TCU), Randy Gregory, Joey Bosa or Frank Clark (note, sarcasm). I understand Ray is good, but we have played against teams this year with other guys who are just as good. It will definitely be a challenge, but we have seen guys just like him several times.

I like the hype. It will be that much sweater when the "Gophers" from "the weak B1G" roll on the SEC runner up.

per FSN:

Missouri's defense as a whole has been solid this year, but the Gophers have yet to see a player quite like Ray. There's no question all eyes will be on No. 56 on New Year's Day.

"You're playing the Southeast Conference Player of the Year. I think we all know what kind of talent is in the Southeast Conference," Gophers coach Jerry Kill said Wednesday of Ray. "He's really, really good. The other one is really good. I know I've called about three coaches who have played against them, and they said they're even better when they play than when you watch them on field."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...-stop-sec-defensive-player-of-the-year-121714

Go Gophers!!

I get the hype around this guy; but we've seen Joey Bosa from tOSU. I would put the two in the same category. Bosa had a very good game against us, as I expect Ray to as well. The thing is, we ran right at Bosa all game and Cobb was still able to move the chains. Cobb put up 145 yards and 3-touchdowns. Bottom line; we've seen (and heard) this before.

I get the hype around this guy; but we've seen Joey Bosa from tOSU. I would put the two in the same category. Bosa had a very good game against us, as I expect Ray to as well. The thing is, we ran right at Bosa all game and Cobb was still able to move the chains. Cobb put up 145 yards and 3-touchdowns. Bottom line; we've seen (and heard) this before.

Yep. And OSU has more overall talent on D than Mizzou (not discounting Mizzou's talent because they are very good). Like any other game this will depend on our running game. If we can run the ball we'll neutralize the pass rush as we'll read option right at and under those DEs if they want to fly up the field. Also we're not a straight drop back team so hopefully those DE's won't have a lot of opportunities to go full on rush. Bama chose not to even test the pass rush and went with the screen game and short passing attack so I'm hoping we do the same

Hopefully their DEs will not be factor. If they are, it means that our running game is not working and it's probably a sign we are going to lose.

Yeah, it will be complete shock and awe, because he is head and shoulders above Devonte Fields (TCU), Randy Gregory, Joey Bosa or Frank Clark (note, sarcasm). I understand Ray is good, but we have played against teams this year with other guys who are just as good. It will definitely be a challenge, but we have seen guys just like him several times.

Point I was trying to make was...........he has a teammate, just like him, on the opposite side. Those guys you mentioned are all studs and handfuls to deal with as is Ray. Golden is as good, IMO, and he's playing on the same unit.

Point I was trying to make was...........he has a teammate, just like him, on the opposite side. Those guys you mentioned are all studs and handfuls to deal with as is Ray. Golden is as good, IMO, and he's playing on the same unit.

OSU also has All American DT Michael Bennett. Adolphus Washington is pretty good too. We played Shilique Calhoun and Marcus Rush last year too.

Top Bottom