When will Gophers sell out ticket allotment?

When will Gophers sell out ticket allotment?

• Dec 23

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Dec 24

• Dec 25

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dec 26

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dec 27

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Dec 28

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Dec 29

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Dec 30

• Dec 31

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Not this year, but definitely next year!

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters

MplsGopherFan

Reaction score
As of Dec 17, we've sold 7,300 of our 9,000 ticket allotment...

Hopefully before the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to say that we won't get to 9,000 given the current pace. 8,000 would be great.

Almost immediately after Sid declares it will be impossible for the gophers to sell out their allotment.

It appears, Minnesota Fans are buying Ticket Master lower level end zone seats which are adjacent to the official Minnesota sections.
The Citrus Bowl officials will see where the Ticket Master buyers are coming from.

Weneed 57,000 to sell all of our allotment.

Probably won't sell out the allotment. People that are going don't want to buy the crappy seats. They're gonna go through ticket master.

Probably won't sell out the allotment. People that are going don't want to buy the crappy seats. They're gonna go through ticket master.

So next time around, does the U say we only want the good/expensive seats in our allotment?

So next time around, does the U say we only want the good/expensive seats in our allotment?

They probably can't do anything about it. We aren't going to sell enough tickets to sell the place out so the cheap seats are going to go unused.

I refuse to vote in the poll because my prediction is not an option: January 1st!

On a more serious note until what point can the Gophers sell tickets? If all the seats in the Gophers allotment are hard tickets and must be mailed out to the buyer, it seems like the Gophers would need to wrap up sales on 12/25 or 12/26 to allow time for shipping and travel.

Does anyone know if the tickets can be converted to PDFs and emailed out? And if so, can the Gophers sell up until kickoff?

I'm assuming after a certain date, tickets will need to be picked up at will call. I remember there being a will call window at the game in Houston last year.

I wonder if the retired folks living in Florida are part of the 7,XXX or so sold or are they buying their tickets when they get to the game or what? I guess I look at it this way: if those 7 thousand some tickets are all/mostly folks that will be traveling down to the game I think that's a pretty respectable number.

Right now the cheapest tickets through the U is $65 in the top half of the far upper deck. On stubhub you can buy lower deck end zone seats for under $40. Or you can buy upper deck end zone tickets for under $20. I wouldn't blame people for going this route at this point. At the very least you could purchase a very cheap one and then just move over to the Minnesota side of the upper deck. There is a good chance the upper deck will not be full. Still plenty of seats on ticket master.

Either way, as long as we sell most of our allotment and a bunch of Minnesota fans are there, I think that will be just fine.

Unless some corporation comes in and buys up the remaining tickets I don't think we will sell out this year and probably won't sell out next year either unless we are in something like the Rose Bowl.

No matter what happens though at this point we have had a very impressive showing in the ticket sales department that will reflect well on the U going forward even if we don't get all the way to the sellout.

went to Houston last year and got tickets through the U
wont ever do that again

they dont give credits to the season tickets (mute point now with the fees for the seats rising)
and the seat were horrible compared to cheaper tickets at mid field

wont ever do that again

they dont give credits to the season tickets (mute point now with the fees for the seats rising)

They do need to clean up things like this.

wont ever do that again

Also had a similar experience at the only bowl I've traveled to. Bought tickets from the U, which is a scheme where high priority buyers are in a way subsidized by low priority buyers who have paid the same price to enter the "selection phase". No thanks. If they can't tell me where I'll be sitting I assume the worst. Don't have that problem with stubhub or Ticketmaster.

It's a similar as in season tickets to away games. U seats are sold early, are expensive and not great. You can buy better close to game time cheaper. Northwestern the seats were pretty good (no one goes to games), I'd probably buy those again. I'll never buy the Camp Randall seats through the U of M again, those are just terrible, far corner, super high, seats are facing back of the endzone not really looking at the field. at least the seats in Nebraska faced the field.

I don't think the U can do anything about the in season tickets they get as they are all spoken for by season ticket holders and resellers, but I would think they could demand that they be given better seats to sell to their season ticket holders for bowl games.

I wonder if the retired folks living in Florida are part of the 7,XXX or so sold or are they buying their tickets when they get to the game or what? I guess I look at it this way: if those 7 thousand some tickets are all/mostly folks that will be traveling down to the game I think that's a pretty respectable number.

Mixture of both from the people I know living there. And, I'd say with more buying from the online ticket sites. We encouraged those we know to buy through the University and explained the rationale behind it.
"Well it's cheaper doing it our way", was the response we got.

One of those things where we looked at the situation by being happy they were attending and at least there to cheer the kids on. I do look forward to finding out where their tickets are actually at and who they are sitting by. However, I do not look forward to hearing, "Boy, I wished we would have had you buy our tickets as you suggested. We were surrounded by MIZZOU fans in those bench seats way up above." "My back now hurts!"

Mixture of both from the people I know living there. And, I'd say with more buying from the online ticket sites. We encouraged those we know to buy through the University and explained the rationale behind it.
"Well it's cheaper doing it our way", was the response we got.

One of those things where we looked at the situation by being happy they were attending and at least there to cheer the kids on. I do look forward to finding out where their tickets are actually at and who they are sitting by. However, I do not look forward to hearing, "Boy, I wished we would have had you buy our tickets as you suggested. We were surrounded by MIZZOU fans in those bench seats way up above." "My back now hurts!"

Good to know. I guess I was just trying to guesstimate about how many folks would show up with maroon and gold. Imo, total Gopher fan turnout is more important than tickets through the U right now. I think when we are building like we are, to have a strong presence in the stadium will do an awful lot to change our image nationally. This will help many things, recruiting among them.

It would be huge if we could get more Minnesota fans their then Mizzou.

Good to know. I guess I was just trying to guesstimate about how many folks would show up with maroon and gold. Imo, total Gopher fan turnout is more important than tickets through the U right now. I think when we are building like we are, to have a strong presence in the stadium will do an awful lot to change our image nationally. This will help many things, recruiting among them.

It would be huge if we could get more Minnesota fans their then Mizzou.

I believe we will have 10k-12k there cheering on Gophs. Based on nothing but optimism and pure guess.The retirement community, where my in-laws live, has a bus filled with fans going.

I believe we will have 10k-12k there cheering on Gophs. Based on nothing but optimism and pure guess.The retirement community, where my in-laws live, has a bus filled with fans going.

You're right Buck. There is even an Alumni Association in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area of around 1,200.

You're right Buck. There is even an Alumni Association in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area of around 1,200.

Good to hear. Our family is riding a local M Club or Alumni Bus from The Villages. That bus sold out, I believe, very quickly. Heck, they may have more for all I know. We could purchase just transportation or game ticket and transportation. All I know is we have 11 fans (5 of whom purchased through University) that started planning in November and will be having some bevies on our way to Orlando. And all of us, like everyone else are ecstatic to be doing a January 1 Bowl. So I'm guessing, if that's one area, there has to be similar places scatered throughout doing a similar type thing. Our family can't wait! Tickets and Bowl Shirts arrived yesterday and house hasn't been same since.

Top Bottom