Pelini rips the Nebraska AD a new one in goodbye statement to players

This too. I'd probably do the exact same.

You can show your love and respect for your players as you say good bye and let them know you are hurting that you have to leave without referring to the ad as a
C_ _ _ _ and a p_ _ _ _ _. Crossed the line

can I get the Cliffs Notes??

Lol...I know, right?!

--AD is a pu$$y, pencil pushing lawyer who has no idea how to lead, and who barely spoke two words to Pelini and didn't know anything about the team
--AD never supported Pelini after Osborne was "forced out"
--Pelini believes administration wanted the team to lose to Iowa
--Pelini told the Board to let him go if administration wouldn't support him
--Loves his players and says he'll do anything for them down the road

Basically, he's the victim. Everyone else is a pu$$y.

If you don't think that's how many coaches speak to their student athletes, you're in a fantasy land. I know many coaches, with squeaky clean reputations, that RIP into their players, and use language that I haven't even heard. Trust me on this.

And no, I'm not going to name names.

Quite honestly, the message I got from his tirade was actually love and support of his players. He could easily move along and not be there for them, but that doesn't sound like the case.

I had a GREAT high school football coach, and he made Pelini look like a princess in this transcript..

I can't really say I disagree with anything that Bo said. And that's a private meeting. I'm not an overly large fan of some player, assistant, someone leaking that out because Bo does speak from the heart and he's saying what he feels. He isn't (obviously) the most tactful speaker but one thing I've always heard is he's straight shooter and he'll do anything for his players.

I wonder if any of the players follow him to Youngstown State. I believe they would be eligible immediately.

Bo and former Vikings coach Jerry Burnes are cut from the same cloth. Every once in a while if I need a really good laugh I google the U tube video of Burnsies post game speech when the Vikings won a game by kicking 7 field goals and OC Bob Schnelker was taking a lot of heat. Just listen to it some time you really can't make stuff like this up! It happened...unbelievable.

That is the most awesome way to say peace out to your boss. I love Pelini even more now.

Nebraska board fuming about it with not much love for pelini after reading the transcript.

If you don't think that's how many coaches speak to their student athletes, you're in a fantasy land. I know many coaches, with squeaky clean reputations, that RIP into their players, and use language that I haven't even heard. Trust me on this.

Quite honestly, the message I got from his tirade was actually love and support of his players. He could easily move along and not be there for them, but that doesn't sound like the case.

100% true. People complaining about salty language have NO idea.

Pelini is obviously rough around the edges but has a good leadership qualities, like him or not.

In my professional life I interact with people of many stripes and by my measure the worst human beings are, consistently, the executives and CEOs of national corporations and organizations. They are incubators of sociopaths. This is not to impugn all, but many ( before you jump on my statement) I don't know Eichorst, but I know him. I don't know the Michigan AD, but I know him.

Blanket assertions? Yes. So what. Pelini had the guts to say what millions of Americans would love to have the financial freedom to say. Any coach worth his salt, including Jerry Kill, has the fire in his belly to stand up for his beliefs and players. Not surprised to hear this at all. Pelini is angry and lashing out in a private meeting. He didn't go on Sportscenter.

Nebraska is starting to fold like Michigan under poor leadership. Fascinating stuff.

Exactly! I believe he does care about his players for the rest of their lives. You needn't go far to hear the same messages delivered the same way by coaches. And if you have ever coached at a higher level, it is absolutely impossible to do so successfully or smoothly without an A.D. who is behind you through thick and thin 100%. Like he said, part of him is relieved he's gone.
Administration's response is proof the guy is gutless. Just shut up. Pellini was betrayed by one or two people with an axe to grind of 100 plus players. We have no idea what the relationship between Bo and the team was like but the fact he called the meeting and they showed up also tells you a lot. Bo has flaws but he was in an unworkable environment and he does care about his players.

It's really precious to see people basically defending this kind of pathetic man-child behavior.

Exactly. I wonder if sweatervest is having second thoughts on hiring Pellini after his latest episode of diarrhea of the mouth? The guy is unstable and unprofessional. Not exactly qualities you want in leading a program.

It's really precious to see people basically defending this kind of pathetic man-child behavior.

Exactly. I wonder if sweatervest is having second thoughts on hiring Pellini after his latest episode of diarrhea of the mouth? The guy is unstable and unprofessional. Not exactly qualities you want in leading a program.

What does the bottom of a rock feel like?

Agreed.

My objection isn't the language, although I have known some pretty successful people who managed to communicate without all the cussing.

My problem with Pelini is his attempt to poison the well on his way out. That's dishonorable.

Agreed.

My objection isn't the language, although I have known some pretty successful people who managed to communicate without all the cussing.

My problem with Pelini is his attempt to poison the well on his way out. That's dishonorable.

I think this shows the dysfunctional nature of their football program right now. Not only was Pelini going too far, but twice now private conversations have been made public. If I were a Nebraska fan, I'd be pissed for many different reasons.

Clarification

I know it happens quite well. Coached HE Basketbal for 20 yeais. Saw plenty of people do it, even down to the High School level. To call a meting a local high school to let loose a rant like that after 2 days was is just not good, regardless of the reasoning. We he that you are mad Bo, but I bet you won't be very welcome the next time your plane lands in Omaha. Better justify the Tom Osbourne ommentalso- nobody pus his name out there and puts him on the spot like that.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Many coaches curse and swear. Using that as a blanket to justifying all salty language in all settings is incorrect, in my opinion. This was a farewell meeting post season and the guy was calling his boss a c_nt and p_ssy. Sorry... Just because most coaches swear doesn't give this a free pass given the time and place.

There are so many things wrong with his tirade, I don't know where to begin. If he had pulled the team together to let them all know they could call any time, and he was greatly disappointed with the dismissal and disagreed with it... He would be fine. Instead, he chose a very immature path to scorch all bridges to his NB job and future opportunities.

He did this in front of a bunch of college kids. Spewing that and trying to poison the well with a bunch of college kids is complete amateur hour antics for a D1 football coach.

As I was reading it last night, I thought to myself "how immature, no wonder he was fired". Later, I saw the Nebraska statement that basically said, "how immature, this is why we fired him".

I was wondering about this myself. This is not the real world. If you think it is you've got problems and hang out with the wrong crowd.

I think this shows the dysfunctional nature of their football program right now. Not only was Pelini going too far, but twice now private conversations have been made public. If I were a Nebraska fan, I'd be pissed for many different reasons.

Thought the same thing. Though while last time it seemed as if the only reason to release it was to get Pellini fired this time you might add it's also to go after the A.D.

The were a lot of Nebraska fans that wanted Pelini gone, and I think this will only make those people feel justified and unified about the change.

The were a lot of Nebraska fans that wanted Pelini gone, and I think this will only make those people feel justified and unified about the change.

This was my thought as well - this tirade was a gift to Mike Riley. The fans that are against his hire will now be unified against Pelini and will likely come around on Riley a lot quicker.

Go Gophers!!

Disagreed. Depends how people take it. If you didn't like Eichorst before you might not give 2 craps until he's gone. Plus if you believe all that Bo is saying, then you start to wonder even more about your AD and question everything he's done, which will not bode well for Riley, especially if he struggles right away.

Top Bottom