This break from games is a buzz kill

Stan

Reaction score
Combine the break in games due to finals and the lack of anything of substance on the calendar, and the better part of December is a complete wash for this program. Hopefully the time off and cupcake schedule is enough to prepare us for the Big Ten schedule.

Combine the break in games due to finals and the lack of anything of substance on the calendar, and the better part of December is a complete wash for this program. Hopefully the time off and cupcake schedule is enough to prepare us for the Big Ten schedule.

Hence the reason we are bickering about whether or not Gopher Warrior has inside sources...

GET US SOME GAMES!

The best solution is to just drink heavily. Time flies when you're passed out all the time.

I know I've joined some of SelectionSunday's rants about the schedule, but if we hit the B1G schedule and look flat like we aren't ready to play against B1G level competition, I'm going to be that much more upset about it. This lull is definitely killer, especially with the hockey team's simultaneous long break.

The best solution is to just drink heavily. Time flies when you're passed out all the time.

Passout? Why not blackout? Me and my friends used to call that time traveling (remember I'm a 'sconnie) would even say see ya tomorrow at some random point during the night....

We were PRETTY cool ya know...

If one is interested, there are other games to watch. Unfortunately, this appears to be the cupcake stretch for most teams of interest.

If one is interested, there are other games to watch. Unfortunately, this appears to be the cupcake stretch for most teams of interest.

If our first three BT opponents are of interest....Purdue is playing Notre Dame in Indy on Saturday. Maryland is playing at Oklahoma State in Stillwater on Sunday and Ohio State is playing North Carolina on Saturday in Chicago.

Bring on the Redhawks and Paladins.

Definitely slow time, but while the Gophers are busy preparing for the Big Ten. ...

with the likes of Seattle and Furman, many major programs took a different route with conference play right around the corner. To wit, a sampling of what's out there over the next 6 days:

Tonight
NC State/Tennessee

Thursday
Duke/UConn
DePaul/Oregon State

Friday
Saint John's/Saint Mary's
Clemson/South Carolina

Saturday
Kentucky/UCLA
Syracuse/Villanova
North Carolina/Ohio State
Oklahoma/Washington
Notre Dame/Purdue
NC State/West Virginia
Butler/Indiana
Cincinnati/VCU
Michigan/SMU
Georgia Tech/Vanderbilt
Illinois/Missouri
Florida/Wake Forest
Auburn/Xavier
Kansas State/Texas A&M
Iowa/Northern Iowa
BYU/Stanford

Sunday
Harvard/Virginia
Maryland/Oklahoma State
Boston College/USC
Georgia/Seton Hall

Monday
Cal/Wisconsin
Kansas/Temple
Miami/Providence
Colorado/DePaul

with the likes of Seattle and Furman, many major programs took a different route with conference play right around the corner. To wit, a sampling of what's out there over the next 6 days:

Tonight
NC State/Tennessee

Thursday
Duke/UConn
DePaul/Oregon State

Friday
Saint John's/Saint Mary's
Clemson/South Carolina

Saturday
Kentucky/UCLA
Syracuse/Villanova
North Carolina/Ohio State
Oklahoma/Washington
Notre Dame/Purdue
NC State/West Virginia
Butler/Indiana
Cincinnati/VCU
Michigan/SMU
Georgia Tech/Vanderbilt
Illinois/Missouri
Florida/Wake Forest
Auburn/Xavier
Kansas State/Texas A&M
Iowa/Northern Iowa
BYU/Stanford

Sunday
Harvard/Virginia
Maryland/Oklahoma State
Boston College/USC
Georgia/Seton Hall

Monday
Cal/Wisconsin
Kansas/Temple
Miami/Providence
Colorado/DePaul

I am for upgrading the schedule, but I would not want a marquee game too close to finals in either direction. If they are at all serious about school, this will be a tough stretch in that piece of their life. A little breathing room is just fine right now. Ace those exams, student athletes!

Hey at least we're not playing like Northwestern and picking up losses

Top Bottom