Sun Country is adding more flights to Orlando!!!

GopherLady

Reaction score
As some of you know, I was working with our hometime airline to add flights to Orlando. It wasn't feasible last week due to scheduling and possible commitments, but they came through this week. They added these flights, and they should be posted to the SC website soon. He said they would be reasonably priced.

Unfortunately, my group and myself couldn't take advantage of this and are stuck with crazy high ticket priced and layovers, but I hope any of you on the fence do. Let's get more Gophers fans to Orlando!!!

TO ORLANDO:

Wednesday, December 31st Depart MSP 10:40A Arrive MCO 2:45 P

Thursday, January 1st, Depart MSP 6:15A Arrive MCO 10:20A Arrives in plenty of time to get to the game

FROM ORLANDO:

Thursday, January 1 Depart MCO 11:30P Arrive MSP 1:45A Gives fans the option of going down-and-back in the same day

Saturday, January 3 Depart MCO 3:35P Arrive MSP 5:50P

Sunday, January 4 Depart MCO 3:35P Arrive MSP 5:50P

As some of you know, I was working with our hometime airline to add flights to Orlando. It wasn't feasible last week due to scheduling and possible commitments, but they came through this week. They added these flights, and they should be posted to the SC website soon. He said they would be reasonably priced.

You are awesome Gopherlady....great chance for more people to join us in Orlando and watch our Gophers take a brick and bash it over the heads of Mizzou! Brick by MFing Brick!

Thanks Nadine! I can't seem to find these options/dates on their website, but maybe they haven't posted them yet.

Thanks Nadine! I can't seem to find these options/dates on their website, but maybe they haven't posted them yet.

They should be up shortly, so keep checking back. Wanted to give you guys a preview so you could book ASAP when they're posted!

This is awesome. Christmas came early!!!

Nice Christmas present from Sun Country via Gopher Lady! :drink:

Golden Goldy Award to the people who do the down and back in the same day and don't fall asleep.

Golden Goldy Award to the people who do the down and back in the same day and don't fall asleep.

Bonus points if they roll their NYE party straight into the 6:15am flight.

Great to hear - hopefully this puts us over the top as far as selling through our ticket allotment. And if you're taking the New Year's Eve flight, you'll land a half hour before Gophers hoops tips off against Purdue.

The same day trip is up! $210 per person!! Get on it people. This plus the ticket to the game and cab or rental car would only be slightly more than the student package - 2015 season tickets and 3 days on a bus.

EDIT: All trips are up now. Looks like $106 each way unless you come back on the 2nd. Nice work by the home town company.

The same day trip is up! $210 per person!! Get on it people. This plus the ticket to the game and cab or rental car would only be slightly more than the student package - 2015 season tickets and 3 days on a bus.

EDIT: All trips are up now. Looks like $106 each way unless you come back on the 2nd. Nice work by the home town company.

Holy crap that's awesome.

GopherLady doesn't mess around, she gets $hit done!

Credit Sun Country! I think you all know I am hard on the U because they drop the ball on a lot, and I think our school and programs can be SO MUCH better...but the one thing I will say is, I don't just bitch, I always come up with a solution. If it's ticket sales, or even just trying to do this.

I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. So glad I dropped $730 ;)

Sun Country.JPG

$210 round trip for most of these flights. That's really impressive.

Credit Sun Country! I think you all know I am hard on the U because they drop the ball on a lot, and I think our school and programs can be SO MUCH better...but the one thing I will say is, I don't just bitch, I always come up with a solution. If it's ticket sales, or even just trying to do this.

I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. So glad I dropped $730 ;)
View attachment 3245

Maybe everyone that takes these flights could buy you a drink to make up the difference.

Holy crap. I need to rethink my decision not to go to this.

TO ORLANDO:

Wednesday, December 31st Depart MSP 10:40A Arrive MCO 2:45 P

FROM ORLANDO:

Thursday, January 1 Depart MCO 11:30P Arrive MSP 1:45A

This combo is up for $210 also. When you originally search, it doesn't give Dec. 31 as an option, but once you get to the second page (where the calendar is), you can change the "To Orlando" flight to Dec. 31. Pretty awesome.

Any chance of forwarding this info to the U? Seems like they could send out a mass email saying more flights are available. Good work!

Dammit. The January 1 return trip just doubled in price. $210 round trip is gone already. Either it was a typo or people are buying them up like crazy already.

Prices are already going up. I'm so thankful for these new options though!

$315 round trip still isn't bad for flying down on game day and coming back that night, Saturday or Sunday.

Top Bottom