Gophers have sold 7000 Citrus Bowl Tickets...

No one proof reads Sir Sidney.

Which is odd, as he does not technically write it either. He has his intern and assistant give him a list of things they write and he decides what goes in.

7,300 tickets sold as of today. Indoor Club allotment is now sold out.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I heard Sun Country has opened new flights, due to high demand.

Not surprised it has slowed down. The only seats left are really bad. Most people purchasing them now will probably go through ticketmaster or stubhub where they can get much better seats for nearly the same price or even cheaper.

7,300 tickets sold as of today. Indoor Club allotment is now sold out.

"Not surprised it has slowed down. The only seats left are really bad. Most people purchasing them now will probably go through ticketmaster or stubhub where they can get much better seats for nearly the same price or even cheaper."

Yep. Maybe we shouldn't be looking at the number now as a slowdown in tickets. 7,300 tickets, out of 9,000 alloted have been purchased through the Gopher ticket office. That's 81% with 2 weeks to kickoff. Considering all the sources of tickets, directly from the Citrus Bowl, Stub Hub, Ticket Exchange, etc, 81% is damn impressive.

Now throw in the number of Minnesotans living in Florida or down there for the holidays and there should be thousands of Maroon and Gold fans in that stadium New Year's Day!

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

"Not surprised it has slowed down. The only seats left are really bad. Most people purchasing them now will probably go through ticketmaster or stubhub where they can get much better seats for nearly the same price or even cheaper."

Yep. Maybe we shouldn't be looking at the number now as a slowdown in tickets. 7,300 tickets, out of 9,000 alloted have been purchased through the Gopher ticket office. That's 81% with 2 weeks to kickoff. Considering all the sources of tickets, directly from the Citrus Bowl, Stub Hub, Ticket Exchange, etc, 81% is damn impressive.

Now throw in the number of Minnesotans living in Florida or down there for the holidays and there should be thousands of Maroon and Gold fans in that stadium New Year's Day!

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Just posted this in another thread.

Right now the cheapest tickets through the U is $65 in the top half of the far upper deck. On stubhub you can buy lower deck end zone seats for under $40. Or you can buy upper deck end zone tickets for under $20. I wouldn't blame people for going this route at this point. At the very least you could purchase a very cheap one and then just move over to the Minnesota side of the upper deck. There is a good chance the upper deck will not be full. Still plenty of seats on ticket master.

Either way, as long as we sell most of our allotment and a bunch of Minnesota fans are there, I think that will be just fine.

Maybe I misunderstand the whole system, but I would think the bowl wouldn't really care at all how much of our allotment we sell. Those tickets are already sold from the bowl perspective, realistically I would think they would actually be more excited by Gopher fan sales directly from the bowl. It seems like whether or not the bowl decides we "travel well" would be based on how many total tickets are sold (regardless of where they are sold from) and how many of those appear to be Gopher fans.

The 7300 does not take in consideration the official travel party. That is probably close to another
400 tickets.

Maybe I misunderstand the whole system, but I would think the bowl wouldn't really care at all how much of our allotment we sell. Those tickets are already sold from the bowl perspective, realistically I would think they would actually be more excited by Gopher fan sales directly from the bowl. It seems like whether or not the bowl decides we "travel well" would be based on how many total tickets are sold (regardless of where they are sold from) and how many of those appear to be Gopher fans.

No, you've got it right, IMHO, with one caveat. Most Bowls base "travelling well" on how many people come to town to stay, eat, drink and spend money. That's how Bowls were invented in the first place. Even with ticket and TV money it still has a solid hold. It's why "locals" buying tickets and showing up for the game is a little devalued. They drive from home and head back right after the game. Not much money spent outside the stadium itself.

Sure, the TV networks, Conferences and the Bowls themselves want the stadiums as full as possible, but the Bowls and their sponsors want people down there spending money. Would only suggest that the Orlando and maybe Tampa Bowls might be a little less mercenary about it because their areas are going be full Christmas Week anyway.

Agree but IMO its really to show future bowls that fans will buy tickets. You have to 'prove' that somehow and to do so you can show your 'official' amount of tickets puchased through the school. Probably much more difficult to determine who is a Gopher fan based off of Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc. I agree, once a bowl selects a team, they probably don't care how the tickets get sold, just that they do.

Does anyone know how this compares to past years? I can't find anything.

I did read yesterday that Auburn has asked for more tickets to the Outback bowl after selling through 8,000 so the Gophers appear to be on a pretty good pace.

Does anyone know how this compares to past years? I can't find anything.

I did read yesterday that Auburn has asked for more tickets to the Outback bowl after selling through 8,000 so the Gophers appear to be on a pretty good pace.

I don't know the exact number but I believe we already passed the total from the past two years combined.

How are they expected to sell out their allotment when the tickets are more expensive for worse seats? I guess if the game were a total sell-out and they were the only ones left. That isn't the case though. It would be nice to say we sold out our allotment, but I can't blame anyone for buying through ticket master if they are selling similar seats for less money. These trips cost enough as it is.

How are they expected to sell out their allotment when the tickets are more expensive for worse seats? I guess if the game were a total sell-out and they were the only ones left. That isn't the case though. It would be nice to say we sold out our allotment, but I can't blame anyone for buying through ticket master if they are selling similar seats for less money. These trips cost enough as it is.

Simple solution, raise ticket prices! ;-)

Sorry...I choose to support the University of Minnesota. If you really sat back and thought about it, most people would.

Sorry...I choose to support the University of Minnesota. If you really sat back and thought about it, most people would.

Yeah, if you can get a halfway decent seat. But who wants to travel to Orlando to sit in a third deck corner knowing they could have paid less money to sit in a better spot? Not saying you shouldn't order through the university, I have always done so, but why are the nose bleed tickets more expensive than better seats through a different avenue?

Yeah, if you can get a halfway decent seat. But who wants to travel to Orlando to sit in a third deck corner knowing they could have paid less money to sit in a better spot? Not saying you shouldn't order through the university, I have always done so, but why are the nose bleed tickets more expensive than better seats through a different avenue?
I understand your plight. You can support the U buy purchasing a student or military ticket, or what a couple of people are doing; buy the tickets through the U and look for better seats at kickoff. The game won't be sold out.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I bought four tickets today through a third party. We're on the 45 yard line, lower level, section 134. I paid a little extra, but to IAGopherFan's point, if I'm making a day trip to Orlando (on the early and late Sun Country flights, getting home at 1:45am - hopefully!), I, and the guys coming with me, want good seats. The best seats through the Gopher site were $90 (before surcharges and taxes) for seats 15 rows from the top of the stadium.

Is this a sign of a lack of support? Well, before this morning, I wasn't even going to the game. Now four more Gopher fans will be in the stands cheering as loud as anyone.

Is this a sign of a lack of support? Well, before this morning, I wasn't even going to the game. Now four more Gopher fans will be in the stands cheering as loud as anyone.

Gopher Butts in seats, anyway we can get them

Agreed...

I accidentally bought tickets on the Missouri side. Found some nice tickets through ticketmaster on the 45 yard line lower level and bought them. Then realized I didn't even check what side. Let's hope they are good fans to sit next to.

I accidentally bought tickets on the Missouri side. Found some nice tickets through ticketmaster on the 45 yard line lower level and bought them. Then realized I didn't even check what side. Let's hope they are good fans to sit next to.

You will be fine and have lots of fun. Missouri fans are fun.

Gopher Butts in seats, anyway we can get them

+1000

We bought our tickets through a third party site, and needed to in order to be able to attend.

Attendance at gametime > allotment sold numbers

Top Bottom