Gophers have sold 7000 Citrus Bowl Tickets...

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per this tweet:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love that the sales are still going, and 2 weeks to go!

Definite slow down after last week (assuming over 7,000 means barely over, and not 7,500). Still, good to see. Hopefully we sell another thousand or so before Jan 1.

Definite slow down after last week (assuming over 7,000 means barely over, and not 7,500). Still, good to see. Hopefully we sell another thousand or so before Jan 1.

You mean another 2,000. Need to sell out our 9,000 alotment.

The school will keep 1,000 or so tickets from the allotment for boosters, faculty, band members etc... so another thousand and we're golden!

The school will keep 1,000 or so tickets from the allotment for boosters, faculty, band members etc... so another thousand and we're golden!

Those aren't alreDy accounted for?

I assumed those were accounted for. Going in I thought 8,000 would be good for us. I do think we might struggle to get to 9,000 given the pace (sold ~400 tickets since Friday afternoon) and an assumption that most people who wanted to buy tickets have already done so. If we get to 9,000 that would be awesome.

You mean another 2,000. Need to sell out our 9,000 alotment.

According to this excerpt from Columbia Tribune, both schools were originally allotted 8,000 and both requested more. Article was in Saturday Notes section under the article on potential of Steckel being hired as next Missouri State HC.

CITRUS TICKET SALES: Missouri has sold about 70 percent of its 9,400-ticket allotment for the
Citrus Bowl, team spokesman Chad Moller said Saturday, putting the figure at around 6,600 tickets.

Missouri and Minnesota both started with an allotment of 8,000 seats but adjusted up during their first week on sale. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Friday that the Golden Gophers had sold around 6,600 of their tickets as well.

@DarrenWolfson: Citrus Bowl afternoon ticket update from Chris Werle: 7,100 tickets sold, and five student buses full. #gophers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418770562.964111.jpg

Justin Gaard just said 7200 on KFAN, including a tidbit/theory that all the good seats selling out may be contributing to the slowing down of ticket sales.

Justin Gaard just said 7200 on KFAN, including a tidbit/theory that all the good seats selling out may be contributing to the slowing down of ticket sales.

That would mean we'd see sales on the Gopher sideline on ticketmaster sales doing better.

The lower bowl is pretty much gone on Ticketmaster, but the upper bowl still has a ton of work left to do, so I'm not sure what conclusion you can draw. There are some pretty great upper level seats left. You can sit row F on the 40 yard line for $100.

That would mean we'd see sales on the Gopher sideline on ticketmaster sales doing better.

The lower bowl is pretty much gone on Ticketmaster, but the upper bowl still has a ton of work left to die

Isn't the fact that Lower-Level tickets are almost gone on Ticketmaster confirm his theory that a lack of good seats being available are contributing to the slow down in sales?

Isn't the fact that Lower-Level tickets are almost gone on Ticketmaster confirm his theory that a lack of good seats being available are contributing to the slow down in sales?

It depends on how important a chair back is to people. There are some great seats in the upper deck still available. I would much rather be on the 40 yard line in the upper deck than on the 10 in the lower bowl but that is just me.

Personally, chair back or bleacher, row F on the 40 yard line is one of the best seats in the house no matter what deck you're in.

The lower bowl is pretty much gone on Ticketmaster, but the upper bowl still has a ton of work left to do, so I'm not sure what conclusion you can draw. There are some pretty great upper level seats left. You can sit row F on the 40 yard line for $100.

Stubhub tells a better story for the Gophers. The Minnesota side of the stadium is notably more expensive than the Mizzou side. My group of 4 doesn't have game tickets yet and is unlikely to buy through the U now, because we're not really looking to pay $70-$90 to sit in the back of the 3rd deck. ($65 seats have been taken down from Gophersports website with little fanfare, btw. Are they sticking the students up there maybe?).

Stubhub tells a better story for the Gophers. The Minnesota side of the stadium is notably more expensive than the Mizzou side. My group of 4 doesn't have game tickets yet and is unlikely to buy through the U now, because we're not really looking to pay $70-$90 to sit in the back of the 3rd deck. ($65 seats have been taken down from Gophersports website with little fanfare, btw. Are they sticking the students up there maybe?).

You can get the front of the third deck for about $100 right now if that suits you.

You can get the front of the third deck for about $100 right now if that suits you.

I'm not so sure. When I go to GopherSports it only lets me purchase those seats 1 at a time. To get 4 together, we'll be a decent number of rows back.

($65 seats have been taken down from Gophersports website with little fanfare, btw. Are they sticking the students up there maybe?).

Could be - last year, I think they put the students in the upper deck, but the stadium was so empty they all just moved down to an open section next to the band (a student who was on the official trip can correct me if this is wrong).

I'm not so sure. When I go to GopherSports it only lets me purchase those seats 1 at a time. To get 4 together, we'll be a decent number of rows back.

Sorry. I meant on ticketmaster.

If you want to avoid overpaying on stubhub.

Was the 210.00 price for limited seats? It must have been, because it jumped to 420.00?

Or maybe it's because Sid told the world that the Gophers had sold out their allotment ... So frustrating!!

Could be - last year, I think they put the students in the upper deck, but the stadium was so empty they all just moved down to an open section next to the band (a student who was on the official trip can correct me if this is wrong).

Yep, that is correct.

Or maybe it's because Sid told the world that the Gophers had sold out their allotment ... So frustrating!!

I doubt Sid's mistake had too big an impact on the numbers, the good news is that we are selling a lot of tickets and the fans are showing that they will travel to a good game/destination which will make us more attractive to future bowls. We may not sell out the allotment but we will come close and in this day and age of limited budgets that is still very impressive.

Agree. In instances like this, Sid really can appear to be more trouble than he is worth sometimes when he and his Star Tribune ghostwriters seem to misreport a good amount of stuff, and often miss the mark by a mile. Sid, it is okay to just step away and enjoy your final years away from a media role. Especially when the Star Tribune and his editors quite often allow him to put erroneous, poorly sourced material out into the public that unfortunately gets taken as fact by some who don't take the time to double check.

That said, I do get that Sid loves the U of M, always will, and has done a lot of good things from a media standpoint by them over the decades. Just stuff like this instance starts to get annoying when it can have a detrimental effect, unintended or otherwise.

Yep, that is correct.

That's what I'd figured, because I followed your lead. Unfortunately for the students on this year's trip, there won't be any open seats in the lower level.

At this point, anyone who takes Sid seriously - that's their mistake.

Top Bottom