Other games

Truth be told, it was Christian Wood who had the notable game for UNLV last night. Rashad did what he's done all year: used a lot of possessions relatively inefficiently.

Shot 47.6% eFG% last night, which is in line with his season average. It was the first time he hasn't had an awful game against a good opponent.. tremendous talent, but this season is going as I would have expected.

Some people thought Vaughn could have an ORtg of 118 and usage of 23% this season. That looked "out of whack" in terms of reasonableness.

His actual ORtg vs. D-I opponents this year is 93.4 (far lower than any of Minnesota's "regular 7") and his usage is 32%, one of the top 5 highest of HM players.

If "effective" = scoring points, then he is effective. Efficient? Naww. Give him a little time, though.

This was a good post. I liked it. You provided facts, evidence to support your opinion and didn't come off as a dickbag.

Reid Travis - big night for him as Stanford beat Texas. If only he would have stayed home....

Especially stings when you consider Josh not working out. Makes me just want to cry. My wife thinks I'm petty for holding it against his parents (who we know), but maroon and gold are thicker than water.

Buffalo giving the skunks a good game as the first half ends. Spreading the Bagders out and not playing a really up temp game. Bulls shooting 43% to 31% and 75% from 3 to the Bagders 18%. Go Bulls, stomp on the Bagders

That wouldn't be good. Wisconsin's rpi is the only thing helping the B1G.

Guess we don't have to worry about the BIG's RPI being tarnished. I have sat among Bagder fans in bb and football games and I must say, they are the most annoying bunch of fans in the BIG. Nebraska fans are by far the best. With the best pregame festivities for football. Friday nights the cheerleaders and pep bands are making their rounds of certain bars and everyone is excited and singing their rouser.

I'll go back to watching us vs UNC-W for the 4th time.....to cheer me up

Especially stings when you consider Josh not working out. Makes me just want to cry. My wife thinks I'm petty for holding it against his parents (who we know), but maroon and gold are thicker than water.

Yeah, Reid Travis would've fit like a glove on this team. Dang. I don't know them, but just in following his recruiting from beginning to the bitter end, it was quite obvious that his parents played a major role and I'd go so far as to say I bet he would've picked Minnesota if he truly were not influenced by wanting to please anyone else.

The fact that his dad kept saying "it is (was) Reid's decision" doesn't mean anything. I remember when I was choosing a college. My parents were as outwardly objective as they could be, but of course I knew where they thought I should go and of course that heavily influenced my decision, because I have tremendous respect for my parents. Ironically, that pulled me in the opposite direction as Reid Travis. I was star-struck by the "brand" and reputation of Stanford and other schools like it, as I think the Travis family is. It was painful to turn down those schools, but as I learned later, grad school is where those "brand" private schools actually earned their elite reputations, and when that reputation mattered. Anyway, long way of saying, I think the Travis family comes off as a bit "star struck" and image conscious when it comes to their school choices. Just my opinion from the (large amount of) quotes out there and the way it all went down.

Msu Maryland is ugly right now.

Nairn doesn't have the upper body of a freshman, but needs some polishing.

Dick V answered that Minnesota is a very good team in response to an open ended question about the challengers to Wisco. He said that it was wide open after wisco but didn't really mention any other teams outside Minnesota and Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If MSU loses, this one's on Izzo. 2 bad decisions down the stretch leads to overtime.

Camera crew not doing msu any favors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turgeon just blew up and got a T at the worst time. That may cost Maryland the game.

Man, I've missed Big 10 basketball. This is good stuff.

Bryn Forbes finding out it's a lot tougher to get shots off in the Big Ten than the Horizon League.

Must say that was an interesting 1st day of Big Ten hoops. I picked all 4 games straight up and lost all 4! And the 3 teams I picked to finish tied for 2nd all lost, including OSU and MSU at home. That's why conference play is great. All your warts start getting exposed, and you have to fix it fast.

A great day of B1G basketball! I won't say anymore 'cause I'll probably go on like DickieV. So let me just say "a great day of B1G basketball!". Tomorrow may even be better.

Bryn Forbes finding out it's a lot tougher to get shots off in the Big Ten than the Horizon League.

True, but Tum Tum is finding it really difficult to get playing time. Only saw him play a few minutes in the non-con. Just checked the stats...Tum Tum playing about 18 min/gm and averaging 1.3pts/game.

Guess we don't have to worry about the BIG's RPI being tarnished. I have sat among Bagder fans in bb and football games and I must say, they are the most annoying bunch of fans in the BIG. Nebraska fans are by far the best. With the best pregame festivities for football. Friday nights the cheerleaders and pep bands are making their rounds of certain bars and everyone is excited and singing their rouser.

I've always thought Illinois fans were the worst but Wisconsin is definitely up there.

Yeah, Reid Travis would've fit like a glove on this team. Dang. I don't know them, but just in following his recruiting from beginning to the bitter end, it was quite obvious that his parents played a major role and I'd go so far as to say I bet he would've picked Minnesota if he truly were not influenced by wanting to please anyone else.

The fact that his dad kept saying "it is (was) Reid's decision" doesn't mean anything. I remember when I was choosing a college. My parents were as outwardly objective as they could be, but of course I knew where they thought I should go and of course that heavily influenced my decision, because I have tremendous respect for my parents. Ironically, that pulled me in the opposite direction as Reid Travis. I was star-struck by the "brand" and reputation of Stanford and other schools like it, as I think the Travis family is. It was painful to turn down those schools, but as I learned later, grad school is where those "brand" private schools actually earned their elite reputations, and when that reputation mattered. Anyway, long way of saying, I think the Travis family comes off as a bit "star struck" and image conscious when it comes to their school choices. Just my opinion from the (large amount of) quotes out there and the way it all went down.

I was on Stanford's campus late last summer for the first time visiting a grad student from Minnesota that I know there. When I saw the campus (arguably the most beautiful in the country) and met some people not selling me anything, my first thought was that if Reid's primary decision is about education, the Gophers have no chance. If it was going to be about basketball first, we had a chance. We can say what we want about Reid's parents, but there is evidence everywhere that suggests they are a family about education first and sports second. It may be one of the reasons that Reid is a terrific, well balanced young man. I hate that he's not a Gopher and I share Bad's bitterness that he's not one of us, but I can easily see the family's reasoning and I do not believe for a minute that it has anything to do with being star struck. Stanford is a top five school in the nation, period, and very few who qualify to get in would turn it down.

I only tuned in with a couple minutes left in regulation, but I found myself cheering for Maryland. They hit big shots when they needed to, watching Trimble sink clutch free throws reminded me of Andre Hollins or Lawrence Westbrook. I know some people don't want to see the newcomer win the conference, but I think it'd be fun to see a newcomer win the Big Ten when many preseason predictions had Wisconsin running away with it.

The conference looks pretty open, and I think the Gophers have a good shot to finish in the top 4-6 and go to the tournament.

True, but Tum Tum is finding it really difficult to get playing time. Only saw him play a few minutes in the non-con. Just checked the stats...Tum Tum playing about 18 min/gm and averaging 1.3pts/game.

Nairn played 9 minutes tonight, was 0-4 from the field then managed to foul out.

Hey Gophers, take notice

Road teams were 3-1 today. It's not rocket science. Let's open with a road win right out of the gate.

Wow: End of Florida FSU game

FSU wins on "own goal." Florida guy accidentally tips in missed air ball right before buzzer.

FSU wins on "own goal." Florida guy accidentally tips in missed air ball right before buzzer.
Heartbreaking!
A very interesting day of basketball, and as you said, notice to address the exposed chinks in the armor. Watching the games today, I thought we'd do well against any of these teams. Then again, I imagine our flaws may get exposed as well.

Some reactions to today's conference play.

The Gophers have a major opportunity this year with two senior guards (and a freshman point guard stud), who if they play to their potential, will lead us to the dance.

The conference will be incredibly balanced. OSU and MSU at this early stage aren't as complete teams as perhaps anticipated. Maryland, as I've been saying, is a BASKETBALL SCHOOL and will annually reside in the top 5 in the conference. Iowa is better than anticipated. Illini still run hot/ice cold. Michigan showed some guts coming from behind and Johnny Dawkins' kid is going to be a player (and was today).

Go Gophers.

I'm trying to figure out what he was doing. Even if he grabs the ball, he has not chance of getting a shot away.

Top Bottom