Other games

Another great year for Johnny Dawkins. Multiple 4 and 5 star recruits on his team, and will miss the NCAA tourney again. Last year they made it by (likely) a single win. Dawkins inherited one of the best programs in the west and now 1 NCAA tourney in 7 seasons under Coach Johnny.

Great choice, Travis.

This does not make me sad.

If Nebraska wins this game, we'll be playing all our conference tournament games in the early afternoon.

If they lose, we get the night slot.

Congrats to PSU for getting rid of Iowa!!

GO GOPHERS!!!

I think Iowa will do well in the NCAA tourney. Lot's of weapons, depending on their seeding and match ups - can see them getting to the Sweet 16. That's about it though IMO.. PSU just outplayed them today.

I think Iowa will do well in the NCAA tourney. Lot's of weapons, depending on their seeding and match ups - can see them getting to the Sweet 16. That's about it though IMO.. PSU just outplayed them today.

I thought the exact same thing last year....

Last years team was better.

I thought the exact same thing last year....

Last years team was better.

Last year they got a horrendous draw - another very underrated team. I think Iowa would have gone on a similar run as Tennessee.

Typical BO favoritism stats:

Final score: Wisky 71, Mich 60.

Free throws: 0-2 Michigan, 14-16 Wisconsin.
Team fouls: 13 Mich, 5 Wisconsin.

But free throws don't matter.

About 8 of those FTs happened in the last minute of the game as Michigan was fouling to try to come back.

Someday, our fans will realize that UW and Michigan play to not foul. That's what they do. Therefore, they go the line more than their opponent. I'm not saying our strategy isn't going to work someday, as Richard's dad has shown, but it is prone to many more fouls.

Until there were about 4 minutes left in the game I think the FTs were 4-0 Wiscy and those 2 trips to the line came on obvious fouls on shots that WI took. The game might have ended in an hour and 15 minutes if not for some late foul and chase and a T on Beinlein.

I'll bet that the total foul count was 7 to 5 or something like that (for the whole game) going into the last 5 minutes. Both teams played their style perfectly.

Wow Duke looks terrible so far - haven't seen this poor of play this year.

JP just hit a bomb for Xavier-now he's down with a sprained ankle

How would win a FT contest between Jahlil Okafor and EE?

Honestly! It's such a liability in what would otherwise be an unstoppable offensive force. He would probably be averaging 20 ppg if he were a 70-75% FT shooter. Get into trouble on defense, what do you do? Foul Jahlil. Rallying late? Foul Jahlil. Want to hold a lead with a few minutes left? Foul Jahlil.

Yeah - the 'hack a Jahlil' is in play now... Think I might go with EE in the contest.

Tyus and Travis are free on Sat. To watch their alma maters in state title games. Probably the plan all along. If they were Gophers, they be Chicago for the semifinals.

I hope Purdue wins because I want more teams in the NCAA for the Big Ten and I want to see all the Wisconsin fans in Chicago to drive back to Madison sad.

8-0 run to start the half for the Badgers. Come on Purdue don't give up.

Wiscy had no turnovers until about 5 minutes were left in the game. Tough to lose under those conditions. Maryland or Sparty will give them a better challenge, I'd think.

Congrats Spartans for taking out Maryland.

Beat Wisky!!!

Have to give Mich St lot's of credit- they were getting blown out early - but hung around - and then dominated late. Izzo looked pretty damn happy at the end of the game.

Wyoming about to burst someone's bubble, and by extension, someone's NIT bubble...

The last four ACC Tourney Champions: Florida St., Miami, Virginia, and Notre Dame. Prior to that Duke and North Carolina had won the tourney 14 of the last 15 years.

Pitino needs to start having the guys practice this.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom