Other games

Ben Jacobson can coach. Really respect that program. I wonder if we have him a look during the hiring process?

Chris Thomas is elite. Rough path, but still has a chance. One of the highest skill levels in HS I've seen. Texas Southern's schedule has been unreal, but not a surprise they finally got an upset.

True, but it isn't like they were losing close games. In their 8 losses, they've lost by an average of 21 points, and 30 in their last three.

Texas Southern's first win over a ranked opponent since Dec. 21, 1994, over the Gophers.

There's this ball hog named Vaughn, playing on ESPN2 at the moment.

Power 6 Head to Head through Dec. 20

1. Big XII (25-13)
2. Big East (20-14)
3. ACC (25-21)
4. Big Ten (23-26)
5. SEC (21-31)
6. Pac 12 (9-18)

Sunday
Maryland @ Oklahoma State, 1/ESPNU
USC @ Boston College, 3/ESPNU
Seton Hall @ Georgia, 5/ESPNU

A Georgia win over Seton Hall would be nice for Gophers. Huge game for both the Bulldogs and Pirates.

Harvard darn close to setting new record for fewest points in a half. Northern Ill. I believe still holds the record at 4

Ben Jacobson can coach. Really respect that program. I wonder if we have him a look during the hiring process?

He's also brought in the "right" talent. UNI has a number of kids who are great examples of the benefits of selecting one "level" over another. Seth Tuttle is a guy I had just under Uthoff (and Oglesby) in high school.

Marvin Singleton... undersized rebounder, tough kid. Has grown into a key piece for the team. I like the fit.

...then you've got others like Jesperson and Washpun.. Wes especially stretched to HM. Jesperson I thought was fine at HM.

Anyway... babbling, but I guess two points: (1) UNI has constructed a nice roster and (2) this team is a good example of success one can have as a player and as a team at a mid-major, even if they are good enough to garner interested from HM's.

Harvard darn close to setting new record for fewest points in a half. Northern Ill. I believe still holds the record at 4

They had 1 more point than UCLA had at the half vs Kentucky yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Thomas is elite. Rough path, but still has a chance. One of the highest skill levels in HS I've seen. Texas Southern's schedule has been unreal, but not a surprise they finally got an upset.

Chris Thomas is a head case. Has been for years. See if he can stay out of jail long enough to complete a season. Saw him on the AAU circuit. His mouth never closes and for all he talent he has, he very little common sense. I'm all about second chances but this is his third or fourth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Georgia up 22-9 over Seton Hall through 10 minutes. Georgia will end up being a solid win for our resume.

Virginia up 39-8 on 7-1 Harvard at halftime.

Final score was 76-27.

Remember when many of us wished we had recruited Siyani Chambers? He went 0-10 from the field with 0 assists in 30 minutes. It doesn't appear like he has really gotten better since his freshman year. He's now shooting 30.3% this season.

Purdue working on a third straight loss. Gardner-Webb is beating them 71-57 with 6 minutes to go. Garner Webb has made 13 threes, Purdue just 2.

Final score was 76-27.

Remember when many of us wished we had recruited Siyani Chambers? He went 0-10 from the field with 0 assists in 30 minutes. It doesn't appear like he has really gotten better since his freshman year. He's now shooting 30.3% this season.

Another example of GH experts.

Temple destroyed Kansas. This was no contest. They spread the court, moved the ball, and movement without the ball.

Purdue working on a third straight loss. Gardner-Webb is beating them 71-57 with 6 minutes to go. Garner Webb has made 13 threes, Purdue just 2.

I hope Purdue has another game left. I don't want to play them off of 3 straight losses.

Nebraska slide continues

Fall 66-58 to host Hawaii in the quarterfinals of the Diamond Classic.

I hope Purdue has another game left. I don't want to play them off of 3 straight losses.

I think it's the perfect time to play Pur-don't. Their confidence is low, and their fans are ready to jump down their throats at every mistake. I'm glad they don't get another game to try and straighten things back out and regain some momentum. They're a lousy team and they get 9 days to realize how lousy they are.

Our games at Purdue, at Nebraska and at Michigan look a heck of a lot more winnable than I thought 2 months ago. Throw in the game at Penn State, and I'm thinking this team could go 13-5.

I think it's the perfect time to play Pur-don't. Their confidence is low, and their fans are ready to jump down their throats at every mistake. I'm glad they don't get another game to try and straighten things back out and regain some momentum. They're a lousy team and they get 9 days to realize how lousy they are.

Our games at Purdue, at Nebraska and at Michigan look a heck of a lot more winnable than I thought 2 months ago. Throw in the game at Penn State, and I'm thinking this team could go 13-5.

That's a nice thought, but we'll see if this year's team is mentally tougher than last year's. We'll see if they can go into a hostile environment and beat a determined foe.

If you're interested in seeing Rashad Vaughn, tonight @ 9PM on CBS Sports Channel the Rebels take on Arizona @ UNLV. Rashad is averaging 17 pts per - so it could be good TV.

Reid Travis - big night for him as Stanford beat Texas. If only he would have stayed home....

Medcalf with a Vaughn article after the UNLV win over #3 Arizona.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...d/101684/rebels-rise-vaughn-a-star-in-big-win

Truth be told, it was Christian Wood who had the notable game for UNLV last night. Rashad did what he's done all year: used a lot of possessions relatively inefficiently.

Shot 47.6% eFG% last night, which is in line with his season average. It was the first time he hasn't had an awful game against a good opponent.. tremendous talent, but this season is going as I would have expected.

LateNightHoops.com said:
We respect the work of Luke Winn and accordingly will eventually review the SI.com projection work between him and Dan Hanner. Upon first glance, a couple of things that stuck out immediately were: Wisconsin’s offensive efficiency looks far too high and we’d pull down Minnesota-native Rashad Vaughn’s ORtg (118) and bring up his usage (23%).

Vaughn is an interesting projection case. As stated above, the projections on SI.com look out of whack to us, but he is a player with a very wide range of potential ORtg outcomes. A high-volume shooter, Vaughn’s eFG% could go many ways. Obviously SI.com is projecting something higher than we are, and that’s possible, but it’s also reasonably probable that he has some rough patches from the field this season.

Some people thought Vaughn could have an ORtg of 118 and usage of 23% this season. That looked "out of whack" in terms of reasonableness.

His actual ORtg vs. D-I opponents this year is 93.4 (far lower than any of Minnesota's "regular 7") and his usage is 32%, one of the top 5 highest of HM players.

If "effective" = scoring points, then he is effective. Efficient? Naww. Give him a little time, though.

Watching DVR of the Nebraska vs LMU in Hawaii. Big Red not doing well in the first half against LMU. Neb only scored 20 pts and LMU 16. The weed huskers are looking as schizophrenic as the Sparroweyes...shooting 39% 3-8 3pt, 7 to, 7 rebounds. Both teams look pathetic.

Top Bottom