Other games

I still don't want Maryland in the BIG and their fans blow, but for one night only, I'm on board with them chanting "O-Ver-Rated" and "Nah, nah, nah, nah...Nah, nah, nah, nah, Hey, Hey Hey...YOU SUCK!"

Why would Maryland storm the court? Save it for an actual upset...

Did a future 3 or 4 seed in the NCAA tournament just storm the court? What a clown show.

Odd to see a storming of the court because you beat the Bad-gers. But...perhaps when they come to the Barn...

Loving the atmosphere at Northern Iowa at Wichita State. Back and forth game between the two.

Purdue looking good in Columbus. Boilers looking like they're the 3rd best team in Big Ten, maybe even 2nd. Hammons has developed into a beast.

If OSU loses this one, maybe Lunardi will finally figure out that OSU's resume is nothing special. Resume has much more of a bubble look than MSU's.

Iowa St. goes on a 22-0 run to take the lead against Oklahoma. They were down 21 at one point.

One of the most ridiculous meltdowns you will every see took place in Ames tonight. Even as a Gopher fan I was surprised by this meltdown, and I usually see them coming (given all the experience we have with them).

Indiana's situation is getting a little wobblier. May lose to Iowa at home and then have to play MSU. Possible 9-9 finish....

Cardiac Cats. Northwestern has came back twice to force double OT against Michigan. This includes a 6 point lead for Michigan with 10 seconds left which they choked away. On BTN by the way.

Cardiac Cats. Northwestern has came back twice to force double OT against Michigan. This includes a 6 point lead for Michigan with 10 seconds left which they choked away. On BTN by the way.

Cardiac Cats become Comeback Cats. What a finish!

Tonight was our unofficial welcome to March Madness. Great games everywhere.

Northwestern is a pretty good team right now.

Northwestern is a pretty good team right now.

Saw the end of the game last night and Tre Demps keeps showing that he is the best money player on a lower level team in the country. The guy just makes shots in crunch time. No one should want to play them in Chicago.

It's a Division 3 game, but it's about the equivalent of a #1 seed falling to a #16 seed in the dance.

The University of Northwestern - St. Paul beats the University of St. Thomas: 71-70 on a last second 3 point shot. It's Northwestern's first ever D3 tourney win against the #3 ranked team in the nation. Northwestern moves on and St. Thomas season comes to a screeching halt. Wow!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/295435361.html

It's a Division 3 game, but it's about the equivalent of a #1 seed falling to a #16 seed in the dance.

The University of Northwestern - St. Paul beats the University of St. Thomas: 71-70 on a last second 3 point shot. It's Northwestern's first ever D3 tourney win against the #3 ranked team in the nation. Northwestern moves on and St. Thomas season comes to a screeching halt. Wow!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/295435361.html

I think UW-Whitewater would have been the 1 seed in that bracket but they got beat also-- as did St Norbert's which would have been the 3 seed. Tough day to be the higher seed in D III.

different game- Michigan State must have enjoyed giving up a lead to the Gophers last week- they really tried to do it again with Indiana today. Horrible decision making and free throw shooting.

Indiana is right on the bubble now. If we face them in round 1 they are desperate for a W.

Stanford @ Arizona --- Stanford coming back in the first half - Travis started and has one FT at this point. Arizona looks like a complete team. # 1 seed? Probably.

Stanford @ Arizona --- Stanford coming back in the first half - Travis started and has one FT at this point. Arizona looks like a complete team. # 1 seed? Probably.

Yeah....Travis has been invisible so far.

Illinois State defeats #8 Wichita State 62-59 in the MVC Tournament Semi-Finals. Minnesotan Reggie Lynch finished with 11 pts, 7 reb, 5 blk. He was excellent out there against the Shockers, and would be a great get for the Gophers should he be interested in pursuing that option. Reggie and Bakary would be a very nice center tandem for 2 years.

Illinois State defeats #8 Wichita State 62-59 in the MVC Tournament Semi-Finals. Minnesotan Reggie Lynch finished with 11 pts, 7 reb, 5 blk. He was excellent out there against the Shockers, and would be a great get for the Gophers should he be interested in pursuing that option. Reggie and Bakary would be a very nice center tandem for 2 years.

Option? Please share...

Wow - anyone watching Arizona / Stanford? Really physical and chippy game. The officials need to get control here .. Stanley Johnson and Reid having words.

Another great year for Johnny Dawkins. Multiple 4 and 5 star recruits on his team, and will miss the NCAA tourney again. Last year they made it by (likely) a single win. Dawkins inherited one of the best programs in the west and now 1 NCAA tourney in 7 seasons under Coach Johnny.

Great choice, Travis.

I was on a D3 board and some St. Thomas fan said Northwestern didn't even deserve to be there. Also they won again and play East Texas Baptist. And my favorite D3 team is also advancing to play Marietta.

Top Bottom