Other games

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
South Dakota just forced OT with Creighton with a 3 at the buzzer on Fox Sports 1

Indiana looked impressive against Louisville, they have two very good freshman backcourt players in Blackmon and Johnson. Not much size in the middle but they can score.

Incarnate Word just hit a shot with 3.2 seconds left to take a 74-73 lead against Nebraska...

Incarnate Word just hit a shot with 3.2 seconds left to take a 74-73 lead against Nebraska...

Man have they been underwhelming so far. I think they were picked as high as 4th or 5th in the conference this year.

Nebraska pulls a Michigan by losing to Incarnate Word 74-73. Not really Big Red lost to R.I. Creighton and now Incarnate Word. hehehehe

Iowa getting the tar beat out of them at home by Iowa State. 73-52 Blenderbirds at the U8 timeout.

Iowa getting the tar beat out of them at home by Iowa State. 73-52 Blenderbirds at the U8 timeout.

Iowa was favored by 5 or 6 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena, ISU had leading scorer suspended for tonight's game, and the Cyclones, after a close first half, punched out Iowa by 15 or so.

WHO HATES IOWA???

Iowa had a great run stating with Lute Olson, George Raveling, and even Dr. Tom Davis. The high point was in the spring of 1987 when they had a high flying team(Roy Marble, BJ Armstrong,, Horton, Sir Jamalot Wright) with George's recruits, coached by Tom Davis. They had UNLV down by almost 20, Dr. Tom called off his trademark press, and they managed to piss away the game.

Indiana beat UNLV next, won Knight's last title and Iowa has been a much diminished program ever since in Basketball,. The positives were the very unsatisfying Alford era, and the round of 16 efforts Dr. Tom Davis produced most years, that got him fired.

I like the current coach Fran McCaffrey, but tonight was brutal, regardless of how good a program Fred has down in Ames.

Michigan getting killed by Arizona, no surprise. Arizona has a 28-4 edge in the paint. Michigan will be 6-4 after this game and they face SMU next. They could be 7-5 going into league play.

Louisville only up 4 over UNC-Wilmington with 5 mjnutes remaining. UNCW's coach is a formet Rick Pitino assisstant so he will be familar with our style of play.

Louisville holds on. It looks like UNC-W will be our toughest non-conference opponent outside of L'ville, St. Johns, and Georgia.

This looks like a unique Michigan State team. They have a bunch of shooters. Bryn Forbes may be the best sniper in the Big Ten before this season's over. Great stroke, seems like never misses. Nice pick-up.

Branden Dawson goes down hard vs. Eastern Michigan. Landed on tailbone. Or might have been his wrist on the fall. Hasn't returned to game.

Can't wait to see how Big Ten shakes down. It's impossible to say who's gonna' finish 2 all the way down to 12. Should make for a lot of white knucklers. Good year for the Gophers to make some hay. Only 1 dominant team.

Can't wait to see how Big Ten shakes down. It's impossible to say who's gonna' finish 2 all the way down to 12. Should make for a lot of white knucklers. Good year for the Gophers to make some hay. Only 1 dominant team.
Agreed.

I hate seeing a Big Ten season look so void of true final four contenders, but it does open the door for the Gophers to climb in the standings if they can continue to improve.

Agreed.

I hate seeing a Big Ten season look so void of true final four contenders, but it does open the door for the Gophers to climb in the standings if they can continue to improve.

Yep, if there's ever a year to get over that 8-10, 9-9 hump, this is the one.

Michigan St. going to OT at home against a 1-8 Texas Southern team.

Texas Southern a name from Gophers' past. Almost 20 years to the day they shocked the Gophers & Voshon Lenard in Williams Arena. Both teams ended up in the NCAA Tournament.

Michigan and Michigan Sate both suck so far this season because they have no real posts. (Does Branden Dawson at 6-6 really count?). Shows how important it is to have adequate bigs! We can really use Mo, EE, and Bakary to our advantage against these two teams coming up here in B1G play.

FINAL: Texas Southern wins at Michigan State 71-64
*Rough, rough year for the Big Ten so far.

Indiana looks better than I thought they would be. Nice win over Butler today.

Chris Thomas is elite. Rough path, but still has a chance. One of the highest skill levels in HS I've seen. Texas Southern's schedule has been unreal, but not a surprise they finally got an upset.

That game was like watching a slow motion car wreck, you could see it coming and there was nothing anyone could do about it. One of the stranger atmospheres at Williams as the game progressed.

That game was like watching a slow motion car wreck, you could see it coming and there was nothing anyone could do about it. One of the stranger atmospheres at Williams as the game progressed.

I'm sorry, what game are you talking about? The upset of Michigan State was at the Breslin Center.

Yeah, was at that one as well. IIRC started the year off with a number of wins, high ranking.. then lost to Cinci, Cal... and then Texas Southern. Kevin Granger was scoring and Gophers couldn't hit a shot.

Don't be surprised if you hear more on Texas Southern and Chris Thomas later this year. Yes, they're now only 2-8 but their schedule has been absolutely ridiculous... difficulty level has been absurd. They should beast on a lot of their conference opponents. If they're in the tourney they will be sitting with double-digit losses and an awful seed, but are super super dangerous.

Top Bottom