#9 in PWR

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
A long way until it's all said and done, but I was expecting more. The Big Ten is weak with PSU being the second best team. Stop and think about that.

This is what happens when you show up and wet the bed against Duluth. And Northeastern. This is right where we deserve to be right now, and our talent level is much higher than 9th. This team has a focus and effort problem. They can beat anyone in the country if they show up and play hard for 60 minutes, but for whatever reason they seem to think it is more fun to take full periods (and sometimes even games) off.

This is what happens when you show up and wet the bed against Duluth. And Northeastern. This is right where we deserve to be right now, and our talent level is much higher than 9th. This team has a focus and effort problem. They can beat anyone in the country if they show up and play hard for 60 minutes, but for whatever reason they seem to think it is more fun to take full periods (and sometimes even games) off.

Agreed. I'm at a loss.

I hope playing in such a weak conference does not make us soft come tourney time. The B1G is a horrendous hockey conference.

I hope playing in such a weak conference does not make us soft come tourney time. The B1G is a horrendous hockey conference.

I'm a lot more concerned about self-inflicted issues we have exhibited even against good teams out of conference affecting us in the tournament than I am about our conference schedule softening us up. We have a weak conference this year, but I remember years where we played in a strong WCHA and got upset in the conference and blamed it on us getting beat up during conference play. At the end of the day, we have the most talented team in the country. If anyone beats us in the tournament, its because they either worked harder or outsmarted us.

I'm a lot more concerned about self-inflicted issues we have exhibited even against good teams out of conference affecting us in the tournament than I am about our conference schedule softening us up. We have a weak conference this year, but I remember years where we played in a strong WCHA and got upset in the conference and blamed it on us getting beat up during conference play. At the end of the day, we have the most talented team in the country. If anyone beats us in the tournament, its because they either worked harder or outsmarted us.

I have been watching gopher hockey for 30 plus years. We've had so many seasons where we were really top notch out of the gate, easily #1 into xmas break, and then faded like a pair of jeans. So, we all know we have top 3 talent in the country. I'm hoping what this all means is we'll get hot in the second half, rip off 15 wins in a row and enter the playoffs hot. I've already bought my frozen four tickets, so here's hoping I'm right.

A good synopsis of where the Gophers are at right now. Vastly overrated at this point and probably will stay that way at best with how awful the Big 10 is. Lucia keeps talking about growing and the journey and all these other flowery things, but the past month has been the same crap each and every weekend. Even if they win the Big 10, nobody should be patting these guys on the back. They're a long long way from being championship material, which is supposedly what they all came back for. Actions speak louder than words however and these guys have talked a much better game than they've played till now.

Top Bottom