MN Daily: Gaston Diedhiou could be eligible to join Gophers within a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

He speaks several languages and has taken a course on English. You would think he will pass this time. Unless he took the class from Bud Light! Buuud Lite!

I'll see what I can do. I'd assume his process will be expedited however. So as soon as his scores are available he'll probably have a decision within a day. (This might be different because of the holidays, who knows.)

Here are the test dates and locations: http://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.c...country1=group_UnitedStates&t_state=Minnesota

I'd assume he's taking it Friday or Saturday in Woodbury if he hasn't already. But he may have already taken it (just a hunch, but we'll see) he just doesn't have the scores yet due to long processing times. I'll do what I can guys.

Thanks for the info!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

BREAKING GOPHERS MENS BASKETBALL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!
The announcement regarding the status of Gaston Diedhiou has not yet happened but is expected soon at some point in the future maybe.

He's in.

Paraphrasing Sean Connery in "Celebrity Jeopardy"; suck it, GW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have heard things, but belief factor in what I've heard is minimal. Hard to call it.

Quick answer: Tough to call. Wouldn't be surprised with any timing or any conclusion.

Longer babbling:
My sense on timing is not for a couple of weeks. I realize that this thread started as a 'may join the team within a week' 5 days ago, but my guess is we're talking very late December or into January.

As to what happens.. IMO depends on a number of factors, one of which is how good he's looked playing pick up ball. With Martin especially, but Lofton and McNeil gone as well, and the roster make-up... the staff may be more open to adding him. But, if they see little value this year (or beyond) I think they leave things as they are...

If I had to guess, would probably lean toward him not being added.. but for those who loves my percentages... I'm maybe at 60%/40% on that now... which is a lot closer than it was before the in-season defections.

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-you-nailed-it-7f4696.jpg

Nate - did you miss this part:

"Quick answer: Tough to call. Wouldn't be surprised with any timing or any conclusion."

Lol. My riders have cute little imaginations.

The guess on timing was based on the StarTribune report which said he would take the test this week - something that could have only happened today or tomorrow. That organization's reporting was off. But, since I didn't know one way or the other, I said exactly that -- ie, tough to call, wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Now, if dude starts in the B1G Opener & has 15 & 10, THEN it would be time to ask questions of me.

xoxo

Was giving you props dude, you had the timing almost down exactly. Chill a bit

If I had to guess, would probably lean toward him not being added.. but for those who loves my percentages... I'm maybe at 60%/40% on that now... which is a lot closer than it was before the in-season defections.

I guess you both missed that part. Also did you even watch the video's of Gaston? He is much more fluid and agile than Bakary on tape. No chance at all he wasn't going to be added.

I guess you both missed that part. Also did you even watch the video's of Gaston? He is much more fluid and agile than Bakary on tape. No chance at all he wasn't going to be added.

Have seen CBA play in person on multiple occasions. You?

Glad the Gophers were able to find two guys to add to the roster after 3 guys "left" in the first semester. Fun conference season ahead of us! Lots of potential.

Have seen CBA play in person on multiple occasions. You?

Glad the Gophers were able to find two guys to add to the roster after 3 guys "left" in the first semester. Fun conference season ahead of us! Lots of potential.

You have seen CBA play in person three times. How many times have you seen Gaston play in person?

Nate - did you miss this part:

"Quick answer: Tough to call. Wouldn't be surprised with any timing or any conclusion."

Lol. My riders have cute little imaginations.

Nate didn't miss anything.

You are the jackslap who rides gopher players, coaches and our AD... regular superfan.

Always appeared unlikely to work out with Diedhiou (both respect to initially joining the program and also longer-term). Things could always change, but if he never joins the team I don't see it as a negative.

Sometimes the real story is fed in a certain way for effect.

Things are often not what they seem if you accept only what you're told.

Consider what may actually be at play here and different ways of handling it. See if you don't conclude this path may be the best available.

The best thing we all can do now is just wish Gaston the best both academically and athletically. Here's hoping he's a success both on the court and off. Let's start finding out what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom