All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities and More

We are driving down and staying in St Pete Beach where we used to live. Great option in a beautiful beach town if you don't mind the two hour drive to Orlando. Tampa has a great airport and is about a 75 min drive to the Citrus Bowl. Orlando and the surrounding area has a ton of cheap hotels, but I wouldn't stay anywhere near the stadium. Not only is it a dump, but dangerous.

Why is there no way to just charter a flight for fans? I want to go to the game, not spend a week in a 5 star hotel.

Looking like $700+ for flight from Chicago to Orlando...might have to keep looking or hope prices come down. Have a place crash so no expense on lodging which is nice.

I'm with you. Hoping Sun Country sets up cheap charter.

Wonder how much the price would drop just switching hotels? Hyatt's are notoriously overpriced and don't discount their rates for large groups that much typically. remove the 6 nights there and supplement with something cheaper and it would make a hell of a difference i'm thinking

is there someone that can get me there for dirt cheap and let me stay in a seedy hotel? lol

Here is what we booked. Prices include taxes and are per person for 2 people:

Airfare to Atlanta on Southwest: $368
3 Nights at the Hyatt Regency Orlando: $371
Car rental: $98
Fuel (estimated): $40
Uber/Lyft to/from game (estimated): $20
Total: $897

Yes, this requires a 6 hour drive from Atlanta to Orlando, which is probably not acceptable for some people, but it's not a problem for us.

And yes, of course there are other cheaper hotel options in Orlando if you want to save more money.

Not able to handle the trip, but I will be in Phoenix with my daughter and her family, so son in law will join me for cheering on the Gophers. We will even have Wings!
Buy some tickets and donate them Dr Don...

Here is what we booked. Prices include taxes and are per person for 2 people:

Airfare to Atlanta on Southwest: $368
3 Nights at the Hyatt Regency Orlando: $371
Car rental: $98
Fuel (estimated): $40
Uber/Lyft to/from game (estimated): $20
Total: $897

Yes, this requires a 6 hour drive from Atlanta to Orlando, which is probably not acceptable for some people, but it's not a problem for us.

Yeah that's about where I was pricing to Orlando directly. That's still rough for me; student budget can't really swing that. Hopefully something cheaper will come out.

Eff it. maybe i'll tell the fiance we're getting in the car and driving all the way haha. I really don't wanna miss this game

All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities ...

Wow. Just terrible prices from the U. Looks like we are going on our own. I'll have to check out those prices for Atlanta to see how that compares to driving the whole way.

There will probably be a cheap travel option for the students.

Bus or Spirit Air ??????

Yeah that's about where I was pricing to Orlando directly. That's still rough for me; student budget can't really swing that. Hopefully something cheaper will come out.

There will be a student trip revealed soon I'm sure. Last year it was $200

Airfare from Chicago is $620. Fukcin'ell

There will need to be some cheaper options for the adults too.

We've got our hotel booked - the DoubleTree downtown....now the flight thing is brutal. $600 is what you pay for exotic trips. Not Orlando. I can't decide if I should book not, or hope someone gets a charter together.

If I were the U, I'd charter about 10 flights down there, charge $400 a person, and if you lose some $, it's worth it to have the stadium packed. But what do I know???

There will be a student trip revealed soon I'm sure. Last year it was $200

Issue is my fiance is not a U student so I would assume she can't ride then. Perhaps this is incorrect?

We've got our hotel booked - the DoubleTree downtown....now the flight thing is brutal. $600 is what you pay for exotic trips. Not Orlando. I can't decide if I should book not, or hope someone gets a charter together.

If I were the U, I'd charter about 10 flights down there, charge $400 a person, and if you lose some $, it's worth it to have the stadium packed. But what do I know???

You may open a can of worms with this comment. Lol

Issue is my fiance is not a U student so I would assume she can't ride then. Perhaps this is incorrect?

The solution to that is to allow a student their choice of one or two tickets.

these prices are not looking feasible for me to get there on a student's budget.... yuck

There is usually a bus package for students who want to go to the bowl game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man...Really wanna go. Graduating from the U in like two weeks, so I think they would still let me do the student package hopefully. Eager to see what they come up with because what I have seen quoted here so far is just too much...

The solution to that is to allow a student their choice of one or two tickets.

This honestly would be my ideal hope. Would be a blast but I don't know if this is how it will be.

Don't like it either, but that sounds about right for a high travel time (New Year's week) to a high travel/tourist destination like Orlando in the Winter. Many people go to places like Orlando/Disney World around that time of year on family vacations, to celebrate New Year's, etc. It is what it is.

Yes, hopefully some charter flight opportunities will come together if people show enough interest/desire for them and do that in a rather quick manner. But as we all know that will likely only happen IF in fact people DO show interest/desire for them and not just talk about a hope for them on message boards like ours. So I say get busy drumming up additional interest and calling around to places/companies/airlines that can pull off such things. :)

Top Bottom