2015 Signees Highlights and Stats

DeathClutch

Reaction score
With the High School and Prep seasons under way, I thought I'd start a thread with Stats, Highlights and General Updates for the players in our 2015 class.

I haven't been able to find any stats yet for Dupree or Nwankwo. If anyone has anything on these two, feel free to post. I know LNH said he was going to see Nwankwo in a tournament in Florida.

Jarvis is currently averaging 21 ppg in his first two games. He opened the season with 26 points against brooklyn center, and he scored 16 in a loss to North Scott (Iowa).

Dorsey's Clinton Christian team just beat Wise yesterday and here is a highlight vid of the win via Capital Hoops. Dorsey is #5 in White.

Dorsey

Dorsey seems to have the speed and athletism of the Louisville guards: Rozier and Jones. He plays on a pretty atheltic and talented team. #10 looks like quite the player as well. Funny to see such and athletic team playing so much 2-3 zone.

Jarvis is currently averaging 21 ppg in his first two games. He opened the season with 26 points against brooklyn center, and he scored 16 in a loss to North Scott (Iowa).

Dorsey's Clinton Christian team just beat Wise yesterday and here is a highlight vid of the win via Capital Hoops. Dorsey is #5 in White.

QUOTE]

Dorsey looks pretty impressive. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting next year, depending on who else we bring in. Hard to imagine he wasn't even nominated for the McD's All-American game. 100's of players nationwide get nominated, so someone really f'ed up. He wouldn't have made the final rosters, but still......he easily should have been nominated. Jarvis and Nwankwo were.

Clinton christian really packs them in. Lots of empty bleachers.

Here's a nice article on Dorsey. Looks like his team started poorly and has come on of late.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20150115/SPORTS/150119716/1009&template=fairfaxTimes

Dorsey, in his first and only season at the Upper Marlboro school, has proven to be the spark plug for the Eagles and brings a competitiveness that Cole calls, “the heartbeat of this team.” The Minnesota recruit leads the Eagles in scoring with 18.8 points per game, but sets the tone for the Eagles with his defense — something he said he worked at when he was younger and not as talented offensively.

Here's a nice article on Dorsey. Looks like his team started poorly and has come on of late.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20150115/SPORTS/150119716/1009&template=fairfaxTimes

Dorsey, in his first and only season at the Upper Marlboro school, has proven to be the spark plug for the Eagles and brings a competitiveness that Cole calls, “the heartbeat of this team.” The Minnesota recruit leads the Eagles in scoring with 18.8 points per game, but sets the tone for the Eagles with his defense — something he said he worked at when he was younger and not as talented offensively.

I'm genuinely excited for this kid. He looks like a ball hawk on defense, watching those videos his positioning and stance remind me of **cough** Aaron Craft. He appears to have an attacking mindset on offense, a little awkward and almost robotic/stiff at times, but it appears to be effective per his PPG. He may be the toughness presence this program has longed for and the quote from his coach leaves me intrigued. If he can push Mason to be a little more uptempo (one of my only complaints of Mason is he's quite methodical in everything he does) and partner with Jarvis and Morris to cause havoc, I really like the looks of our back court.

I'm genuinely excited for this kid. He looks like a ball hawk on defense, watching those videos his positioning and stance remind me of **cough** Aaron Craft. He appears to have an attacking mindset on offense, a little awkward and almost robotic/stiff at times, but it appears to be effective per his PPG. He may be the toughness presence this program has longed for and the quote from his coach leaves me intrigued. If he can push Mason to be a little more uptempo (one of my only complaints of Mason is he's quite methodical in everything he does) and partner with Jarvis and Morris to cause havoc, I really like the looks of our back court.

I like Mason's decision-making and feel for the game, but he's not the complete point guard. He lacks the quickness of a Mathieu, so his ability to penetrate is limited. What I'm saying is that he and Dorsey will complement each other nicely.

This video could probably go in about 10 different threads, but figured I'd just post it here. Just watched this highlight video of the Apple Valley/DeLaSalle game from awhile back. So many good players on the floor in this game, really displays the amount of talent being developed in MN lately.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MeAFudyUDxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video could probably go in about 10 different threads, but figured I'd just post it here. Just watched this highlight video of the Apple Valley/DeLaSalle game from awhile back. So many good players on the floor in this game, really displays the amount of talent being developed in MN lately.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MeAFudyUDxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You could potentially have 10 D1 players in that game, which is pretty nuts for two MN teams.

DLS-
Jarvis (Minnesota)
Anim
Collins (North Dakota)
Mar
Kalscheur (freshman, really smooth player)

AV-
Trent Jr.
Bertram
Jones
Kirksey
Bolton

Kirksey, Bolton, and Kalscheur are possibilities but the other seven are pretty much sure things to play D1 ball.

Top Bottom