What uni combo will the Gophers wear against becky?

What uni combo will the Gophers wear against becky?

• Maroon helmet, gold jersey, white pants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
I like all the uniform combos the Gopher use, but I kinda like to see them wear the traditional maroon helmet, white jersey, gold pants for this game.
What's your preference?

White jersey, gold pants.

Both helmets are fine. Although I really like the gold ones.

All gold for the game at TCF East.

Why is gold jersey presented as an option? I would love that, but I thought anything beyond white had to be pre-arranged with the league.

I think it would be cool to establish something like UCLA/USC where both team where home colors. Obviously it would be wisconsin red and Gold for Minnesota. I guess maroon, white, maroon since we won last week with that combo.

I'm hoping for gold pants and gold hats tomorrow. My official prediction is gold pants with the regular helmets, however.

Here is my guess: A helmet, a jersey, pants, pair of socks, pair of cleats, maybe a jock strap, maybe a mouth guard, maybe gloves, perhaps thigh pads or perhaps not, shoulder pads. :p

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

Id like to see maroon/maroon. White/maroon is nice too. Gold anything looks hideous under any scenario. Sorry.

Stan would like to see Gold Helmets, White Jersey and Gold Pants. Prediction is Maroon Helmet, White Jersey and Gold Pants.

As others have noted, gold jerseys should not have been an option in the poll.

The Gophers' equipment manager Tweeted in response to a query on the uniform combo that the Gophers will wear white jerseys with gold pants. He noted that it was the same combo as in the Nebraska game, so perhaps superstition is at work. He gave no indication on which helmets would be used, but I'd guess the maroon ones. I'd like to see the gold helmets with the white jerseys and gold pants. Arizona State wore that combo today against Arizona and it looked pretty nice. However, I get why we'll likely wear the maroon lids.

The Mason,, later Cal Stoll era, Salem, and Gutey regimes tended to wear gold pants on the road , but he Kill teams have tended to wear Maroon pants on the road.
The Maroon helmets have been the standard for years, with a few memorial exceptions.

I would prefer all our Minnesota colors line up with the USC plan( always Gold pants, always Maroon tops at home white on the road with no deviation but that is my preference.

Please no white pants. I also like the idea of both teams wearing home uniforms like USC/UCLA.

Please no white pants. I also like the idea of both teams wearing home uniforms like USC/UCLA.

Red & maroon don't have enough contrast. But red & gol might look ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the answer is.....Gold helmets, white jersey, Gold pants!!!!

The Nebraska combo was Maroon pants with Maroon helmets.

Forgive my error. It was the person questioning the football equipment guy who asked if it was the Nebraska combo. The late hour both spoiled my reading comprehension skills and my memory since we indeed went maroon helmets, white jerseys, and maroon pants in Lincoln. That said, barring a late switch or a swerve, the uniform today was stated to be white jerseys, gold pants, and a yet to be named helmet, likely maroon although I'm hoping for gold.

They already posted the picture on twitter. It's gold helmets white jersey and gold pants. Also the se combo we wore the last time we beat The skunks in their house.

Good combo, must be a good sign!

I want as much contrast as possible, like this combo.

FYI, I think USC and UCLA have to "pay a penalty" to both wear their home unis. Don't remember the details but I remember there was much angst among the NCAA and Pac12. Anyone remember?

Here is the uniforms for today game. White uniforms with Gold pants and Gold helmets.

B3nisCKIMAAZCIS.jpg

https://twitter.com/JoeCStrib/status/538722292235530240

I want as much contrast as possible, like this combo.

FYI, I think USC and UCLA have to "pay a penalty" to both wear their home unis. Don't remember the details but I remember there was much angst among the NCAA and Pac12. Anyone remember?

I believe it was either a 15 yard penalty or a timeout to start each half. I think it was only for a year or two then the NCAA updated their rules that there just needs to be contrast or something like that.

Hey... I openly wished for this combo early in this thread. I hope the Gophers play as good as they will look.

Love it, and it wasn't even one of the poll choices (ha!). Let's go GOLDEN Gophers!

Top Bottom