Gophers Depth Chart vs. Wisconsin

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think.

Does this mean there is no chance he will play? If that is the case, why not just come out and say that?

Or does this mean the depth chart they release is fairly meaningless to them and just something to put out there for the media and fans?

Does this mean there is no chance he will play? If that is the case, why not just come out and say that?

Or does this mean the depth chart they release is fairly meaningless to them and just something to put out there for the media and fans?

I'd like to think there is a little gamesmanship going on here. But, I think I could be just a little overly optimistic.

The fact that they are still listing him as questionable to me means there is still a chance that he might play. That being said it certainly seems unlikely at this point based on the comments that the coaches have been making and his lack of practice time this week. I am sure it will depend on whether or not he can get loose on gameday.

If he's not 100% , I don't want him playing. Get him healthy for Indy, or if we don't make it; the bowl game. If you guys have ever had a hammy pull you know deep in your heart he is not going to play.

I kind of like the Mortell or Eldrid. Somehow I think Peter will be punting.

Too bad about Cobb. If you watch the play he got hurt, it seems to pop right at the goal-line with no one around. Bad luck.

That said, looking at the injury list, I think we have done pretty well this year

Even if the staff is 99% sure Cobb is out, I'd guess they'd list him as questionable. If he's ruled out Wisconsin can plan 100% their scheme vs. a Cobb-free Gopher offense.

This may be a dumb question, but on those 2-deeps, Stelter is at D-Tackle. Seems like he is usually on the end. Do we rotate these guys inside to outside, to make this listing irrelevant?

Cobb's listing on the injury report is not an indication one way or the other. These are for the most part worthless and only put out because it is a requirement. Just look at P to prove this.

Has anybody known Jerry Kill to play coy?

My guess is bad news.

But what do I know?

Kill hasn't been Coy. He isn't being here either. He has basically been saying game time decision all along. They'll decide after warmups.

It is encouraging to see Edwards on the 2 deeps

Next man up. Kirkwood and crew will carry the load and we will be successful. Unlike Wiscy, we aren't a one-trick pony offense. We will win tomorrows game because we are destined to win. This is our coming out season and Wisconsin will not stop that...even if Cobb has to watch from the sidelines.

The fact that they are still listing him as questionable to me means there is still a chance that he might play. That being said it certainly seems unlikely at this point based on the comments that the coaches have been making and his lack of practice time this week. I am sure it will depend on whether or not he can get loose on gameday.

I forgot the movie but in it Jim Carey once asked a girl if he had a chance with her. She replied yea, about one in a million. He then said, "So I still have a chance!" And I thought the movie was entertaining.:rolleyes:

P.S. Of course there is a chance he will play and that of course depends on how he is on game day. The fact that he hasn't practiced is a pretty big clue as to what the likely outcome will be. But like all things on the GopherHole we will continue to over analyze it.

Hope he will play but if nit 100% then wait for Indy. We got these skunks either way.

I still think he starts. Probably won't be 100% for the full game but I can't see him telling the trainers he isn't fine at game time which will ultimately be the deciding factor since it is a game time decision. Worst case is he re-agrivates it and has 4 whole weeks to heal up. Also did not realize that Foster Bush and Lauer were back in the lineup. Some on here were saying Bush's concussion was career ending.

I forgot the movie but in it Jim Carey once asked a girl if he had a chance with her. She replied yea, about one in a million. He then said, "So I still have a chance!" And I thought the movie was entertaining.:rolleyes:

P.S. Of course there is a chance he will play and that of course depends on how he is on game day. The fact that he hasn't practiced is a pretty big clue as to what the likely outcome will be. But like all things on the GopherHole we will continue to over analyze it.

Dumb and dumber...cmon man

Pretty sure the movie was Caddyshack; and I think it was when Danny Noonan trying to pick up Lacey Underall. Can someone confirm this?

Kirkwood got 900 yards on a much worse team two years ago...he's going to come up huge.

Top Bottom