Other games thread week 14 I think

Cheering for Mizzou, Stanford, and ASU.

Bout to turn off the tv and head down to Madison though. For the only game I really care about.

curly-platter.jpg
20130907_ajw_sc6_631.0.jpg

So does Iowa fire Kirk Ferentz? If they do they still pay 75 percent of that huge contract they gave him.

I'm all for Bert and arkansas losing. But can someone explain how Mizzou winning helps the Gophs?? Thanks in advance.

I'm all for Bert and arkansas losing. But can someone explain how Mizzou winning helps the Gophs?? Thanks in advance.

Because the highest rated non champion of the SEC and Big Ten goes to the orange bowl.

If the big ten gets the Orange bowl bid then we lose the citrus bowl bid which knocks every big ten team down a spot. So it would likely knock the Gophers from Outback to San Diego.

If Missouri wins they clinch the SEC East and therefore Georgia doesn't have to lose to Alabama and fall behind Michigan State in the polls. Therefore, Georgia and the SEC take the Orange bowl bid and the Big Ten keeps the Citrus bowl while still sending Ohio State and MSU to selection committee bowls and leaving the Outback and Ctirus for Minnesota and Wisconsin.

In short, Missouri winning helps Georgia stay ahead of Michigan State in the polls and allows the Big Ten to keep their Citrus Bowl tie in. There are other scenarios that make this possible but this is one of them if Miss St and Alabama both make the playoffs. If Miss St doesn't make the playoffs, then we don't care since they will go to the Orange Bowl.

As Bill Simmons would say, every team should hire a 14 year old madden addict to be their official clock manager.

I actually agree.

gotta be an NCAA addict just so they know the clock stops on first downs ;)

Went to UCF vs USF football game in Tampa today. Great time with family. Snoozer of a game as UCF won 16-0. 3 reasons I liked it: 1) Plenty of sun, 2) Godwin was playing at Safety (former recruit), and 3) Gophs potentially playing there in Outback.

Because the highest rated non champion of the SEC and Big Ten goes to the orange bowl.

If the big ten gets the Orange bowl bid then we lose the citrus bowl bid which knocks every big ten team down a spot. So it would likely knock the Gophers from Outback to San Diego.

If Missouri wins they clinch the SEC East and therefore Georgia doesn't have to lose to Alabama and fall behind Michigan State in the polls. Therefore, Georgia and the SEC take the Orange bowl bid and the Big Ten keeps the Citrus bowl while still sending Ohio State and MSU to selection committee bowls and leaving the Outback and Ctirus for Minnesota and Wisconsin.

In short, Missouri winning helps Georgia stay ahead of Michigan State in the polls and allows the Big Ten to keep their Citrus Bowl tie in. There are other scenarios that make this possible but this is one of them if Miss St and Alabama both make the playoffs. If Miss St doesn't make the playoffs, then we don't care since they will go to the Orange Bowl.

Thanks! So now that they won...do we care about them any longer? haha

Oregon gets rematch w/ Arizona now w/ UCLA getting rolled and Arizona beating ASU (assuming Oregon over Or St.) GA also eliminated from SEC contention. Now how epic will this be if Mizzou wins the SEC championship? Ole Miss wins and Bama over Auburn followed by Mizzou over Bama. SEC get shutout of playoffs?

Down goes Marshall ... 67-66 in a track meet.

Still think it is ridiculous that a Group of 5 team is guaranteed a spot in one of the "big 6" or whatever they are called bowls. Not a fan of that. Imo, they should have to do it on merit alone like the Power 5 teams and not just get an automatic spot in one of those "major" bowls regardless.

Thanks! So now that they won...do we care about them any longer? haha

Not anymore. They've done their job. Now they get the honor of getting spanked by Alabama and Georgia is safe.

Now it's up to Georgia to take care of Georgia Tech at home and then the Big Ten should keep the Citrus Bowl regardless of whether or not Mississippi State makes the playoffs.

Remember when Arizona State was gonna beat Oregon to make the playoffs? Ya me neither.

Not anymore. They've done their job. Now they get the honor of getting spanked by Alabama and Georgia is safe.

Now it's up to Georgia to take care of Georgia Tech at home and then the Big Ten should keep the Citrus Bowl.

Worried about UGA winning now. Got to be an emotional letdown with Mizzou knocking them out of SEC title game. Tech is no pushover this year. I could easily see Georgia blowing this game like they did Florida and South Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried about UGA winning now. Got to be an emotional letdown with Mizzou knocking them out of SEC title game. Tech is no pushover this year. I could easily see Georgia blowing this game like they did Florida and South Carolina.

It could happen. They still have a "New Year's Six" bowl game on the line, so there is still plenty to play for. There's a slight chance that Missouri takes their spot if they can't take care of Georgia Tech or if Missouri upsets Alabama. I'm sure they realize that.

Kind of a bummer for Missouri winning the division and still being ranked behind the 2nd place team. I don't really see how the committee could fix that without just butchering their rankings. They'd have to move Missouri way up for beating an unranked team or move Georgia down for beating a top 20 team. Neither of which will happen so they're probably stuck with their choice. The only way I see Missouri jumping Georgia is if they beat Alabama next week. I guess humans make mistakes.

It could happen. They still have a "New Year's Six" bowl game on the line, so there is still plenty to play for. There's a slight chance that Missouri takes their spot if they can't take care of Georgia Tech or if Missouri upsets Alabama. I'm sure they realize that.

Kind of a bummer for Missouri winning the division and still being ranked behind the 2nd place team. I don't really see how the committee could fix that without just butchering their rankings. They'd have to move Missouri way up for beating an unranked team or move Georgia down for beating a top 20 team. Neither of which will happen so they're probably stuck with their choice. The only way I see Missouri jumping Georgia is if they beat Alabama next week. I guess humans make mistakes.

No way Mizzou should be ranked ahead of Georgia. Georgia beat Mizzou 34-0 in Mizzou and Georgia's two losses to Florida and South Carolina are much better than Mizzou's loss to Indiana. They r both ranked about where they should be in my opinion.

Oregon gets rematch w/ Arizona now w/ UCLA getting rolled and Arizona beating ASU (assuming Oregon over Or St.) GA also eliminated from SEC contention. Now how epic will this be if Mizzou wins the SEC championship? Ole Miss wins and Bama over Auburn followed by Mizzou over Bama. SEC get shutout of playoffs?

The more I think about this, I kinda hope Bama loses but Mississippi St. gets in. I might be in the minority, but I think Mississippi St. is very beatable. SEC teams losing in the postseason is what we want.

The more I think about this, I kinda hope Bama loses but Mississippi St. gets in. I might be in the minority, but I think Mississippi St. is very beatable. SEC teams losing in the postseason is what we want.

I would prefer an SEC team to be in it and I don't just want the most 'beatable' one. The point of the playoffs is to award the best team the championship. I don't want to start hoping the best teams get left out so one conference can't win, or, hopefully, the Gophers have an easier road in the playoffs (not this year but in the future).

I would prefer an SEC team to be in it and I don't just want the most 'beatable' one.

Never said I wanted the most beatable team. Alabama has been at the top for a log time. They are more experience. I think they would handle the playoffs better than Mississippi St. They're both very good teams so didn't mean that they would be a pushover or anything.

The point of the playoffs is to award the best team the championship. I don't want to start hoping the best teams get left out so one conference can't win, or, hopefully, the Gophers have an easier road in the playoffs (not this year but in the future).

I didn't say anything to the contrary. If Alabama loses and Mississippi St. wins, wouldn't that mean Mississippi St. had the better season and is more deserving of going to the playoffs? Maybe I should have worded it differently and said I hope Alabama loses because that would show that they are not the best team in the country. Alabama has been a little bit more inconsistent than Miss St. When they are playing well, I think they are the best team.

And that starts another argument. Everyone talks about how the playoffs are all about getting the 4 best teams in the playoffs. I think it has to be a combination of the best and most deserving teams. At this point, I'm not sure Florida St. is one of the four best teams, but if they go undefeated, they deserve to make it in in my opinion.

No way Mizzou should be ranked ahead of Georgia. Georgia beat Mizzou 34-0 in Mizzou and Georgia's two losses to Florida and South Carolina are much better than Mizzou's loss to Indiana. They r both ranked about where they should be in my opinion.

I don't know. There are a lot of different arguments. I tend to be on the side of, if you win the division with that team in it then you're better than them. Head to head is only 1 week of an 8 week season, but the head to head blowout is hard to ignore.

Anyone else having video problems with scUM and O$U?

looks like poor kentucky and louisville got the honor of beth mowins calling their rivalry game this week. i weep for them. ;)

The difference in atmosphere, switching back and forth between games Columbus and Evanston, is astronomical. Kinda funny to see.

Top Bottom