Tix still available for Saturday's game?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Was visiting family on Thanksgiving in SE corner of MN. I was listening to a sports radio station from La Crosse, WI, and heard an ad promoting WI football tickets for sale - "Including the game for Paul Bunyan's axe this week!"

So - if this is accurate, there must still be tix available for the game. Frankly, I'm a little surprised. I would have thought it would be a sell-out. Apparently MN is not the only place that finds selling out a game to be a challenge.

On a side note, Thanksgiving was at my sister's place, and her boyfriend is a die-hard Badger and Packer fan. But, I was nice to him, because he sent me home with two bags full of left-overs. (the guy makes a brisket to die for.......)

per this tweet, looks like they are available;

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

You'll have no problem scalping tix. Colder weather and Thanksgiving weekend is shaking loose plenty of tix. Make the drive and support our Gophers!

Go Gophers!

Most people have thanksgiving plans. Will be interesting how many people get sick of their family tomorrow and decide to make the trip.

Likely can be traced to students that typically go instead heading home for Thanksgiving. Higher % of Gopher fans!!!

A Wisconsin discussion board said that our AD office sent back a few hundred tickets because we didn't sell them. I have no way of confirming that what they stated is true. If so, how is it that we couldn't get those tickets sold on our campus?

[url]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2560&t=13407220[/URL]

When does the visiting team have to send them back? Is it possible this happened before the Nebraska game?

With stubhub, I wonder how many people actually purchase their tix through the athletic dept anymore. It feels like we'll have more Gopher fans there than we've had in a long time so I think there is plenty of interest.

A Wisconsin discussion board said that our AD office sent back a few hundred tickets because we didn't sell them. I have no way of confirming that what they stated is true. If so, how is it that we couldn't get those tickets sold on our campus?

[url]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2560&t=13407220[/URL]

Yeah, why buy upper deck corner seats when for the same price you can get lower deck 35 yard line seats on stubhub?

Don't let tickets be the reason you don't take a drive down to Madison and don't buy them from the Ticket Office.

If the Nebraska game is any indication, you will be able to sit anywhere you want in the lower level for face or less. I had two extra on the 50 for Nebraska and had to dump them to a scalper for 45 each.

Rows 25-45 are best in the lower level. T and E are the 50. If you want to sit there it won't be a problem for a good price.

Many factors at work, but the biggest one is people who used to buy season tickets or would consider it realized you could not pay for the crappy buy games and find tickets for the games you really want to go to for far less than what the donation and tickets would cost. That and a ton of old season ticket holders are now in the boxes and clubs and the capacity is at about at the max for where it can be and still "sell out" makes for a soft ticket at just about every game.

thanks gvbadger, good insight. seems like uw is having the same issues that almost every program is having for tickets.

the secondary market is 90% of the time the way to go, which is unfortunate.

PLENTY of tix on Stubhub - in the $80-$90 range - I will wait til tonight to see if prices drop...if not will go the scalp route

Top Bottom