UW LT & MN native Tyler Marz on U: I want to go undefeated against them in my career

BleedGopher

Reaction score
UW LT & MN native Tyler Marz on U: I want to go undefeated against them in my career

per The Chippewa Herald:

Marz is one of five Minnesotans playing for the Badgers. The resident of Springfield is joined by redshirt freshman linebacker Keelon Brookins (St. Paul/Tartan High School), true freshman linebacker Ryan Connelly (Eden Prairie), fifth-year senior long snapper James McGuire (St. Paul/Cretin-Durham) and redshirt sophomore long snapper Connor Udelhoven (St. Paul/Cretin-Durham).

“I can’t imagine what the feeling would be like to lose to them,” Marz said. “I don’t ever want to feel that. I want to go undefeated against them in my career here.”

“I think Coach Kill’s done a great job getting them back,” said McGuire, who came to UW as a walk-on. “It’s definitely been fun to watch. If we’re not playing them usually I’m cheering for Minnesota.

http://chippewa.com/sports/college/...cle_aa7f7c1c-8528-5ed5-a3a1-24356654a027.html

Go Gophers!!

As a member of the media, I covered Tyler in HS FB and BB. I remember him as a nice kid (if you can call someone a "kid" when they were 6'8" and 280 lbs in HS). Unfortunately, his leaving for WI is a direct result of the Tim Brewster era. Marz (pronounced "mare-its") - according to things I heard from people in his home town - said he wanted to play for a winning program, and (allegedly) did not want to play for Brewster. I wish Kill would have had a chance to recruit him. Marz would have looked very nice in Maroon and Gold. He was pretty mobile for his size - I remember a game where he was playing DE, and leaped to intercept a screen pass. In fact (shows you what I know) - I thought he had more potential as a defensive lineman.

I'd love for us to leave that bitter taste in His mouth....knowing he was a member of the Badger team that lost the Axe after having it for 10yrs and also missed out on the B10 title game as a result

Good luck getting a job in MN like all the rest of the Badger graduates.

Sid is working on closing those doors right now.

As a member of the media, I covered Tyler in HS FB and BB. I remember him as a nice kid (if you can call someone a "kid" when they were 6'8" and 280 lbs in HS). Unfortunately, his leaving for WI is a direct result of the Tim Brewster era. Marz (pronounced "mare-its") - according to things I heard from people in his home town - said he wanted to play for a winning program, and (allegedly) did not want to play for Brewster. I wish Kill would have had a chance to recruit him. Marz would have looked very nice in Maroon and Gold. He was pretty mobile for his size - I remember a game where he was playing DE, and leaped to intercept a screen pass. In fact (shows you what I know) - I thought he had more potential as a defensive lineman.

I thought his parents were Badgers so MN essentially had no shot even if we were good at the time. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

I'm struck by how few Minnesotans they have including walk ons. I would not trade our Wisconsinites for their Minnesotans. I wouldnt trade all off them for Eric murray.

I'm struck by how few Minnesotans they have including walk ons. I would not trade our Wisconsinites for their Minnesotans. I wouldnt trade all off them for Eric murray.

Exactly. Our best O-lineman is from Wisconsin (Epping), our best DB (Murray), and one of our best D-lineman (Botticelli).

Marz father was at a Sports bar last winter the night before they leaving for there bowl game. He had absolutely nothing but critical things to say about Minnesota and the university. Said no way in hell would he encourage anyone to play for a loser like Minnesota. He was a major ass. Very bitter. Best of luck to all those who leave and go to Wisconsin or Iowa and then talk like they are Wisconsin forever.

When any athlete choses to go east or south, they are dead to me. I have no time, no interest. I can only hope the Gophers win, and ignore him.

Marz father was at a Sports bar last winter the night before they leaving for there bowl game. He had absolutely nothing but critical things to say about Minnesota and the university. Said no way in hell would he encourage anyone to play for a loser like Minnesota. He was a major ass. Very bitter. Best of luck to all those who leave and go to Wisconsin or Iowa and then talk like they are Wisconsin forever.

Typical BADger class act.

If revenge is desired, just beat the skunks. Today, next year, the following year, you get the progression.

For the love of all that is holy, beat these guys so their fans can stopping running their mouths and we can run ours from a year. Losing 11 in a row to them would not be ok. Kill going 0-4 against them would not be ok. It is time to end this evil streak and win the damn game.

Tyler graduated high school the same year as me and went to my school's biggest (football) rival. Everything I heard agreed with what short ornery norwegian said, he went to Wisconsin cause he wanted to go somewhere that won. He was not used to losing, I think he lost maybe five football games in high school and only like 20 basketball games despite playing varsity for 4 years.

Tyler graduated high school the same year as me and went to my school's biggest (football) rival. Everything I heard agreed with what short ornery norwegian said, he went to Wisconsin cause he wanted to go somewhere that won. He was not used to losing, I think he lost maybe five football games in high school and only like 20 basketball games despite playing varsity for 4 years.

New Ulm Cathederal?? I was a high school classmate and teammate of Tyler in three sports. I can attest to the fact that he a very pompous too good for you type of person. He would talk about the U and say that he would be "Rather go a D2 school then spend 4 years at a s***hole like Minnesota" ...very classy dude.

New Ulm Cathederal?? I was a high school classmate and teammate of Tyler in three sports. I can attest to the fact that he a very pompous too good for you type of person. He would talk about the U and say that he would be "Rather go a D2 school then spend 4 years at a s***hole like Minnesota" ...very classy dude.

I hope we send him off with a loss. I can't remember a game that I wanted more.

If Marz had more foresight and patience, he could have played for Kill, his home state school AND play for winning program. I can't blame him, however, if he based his decision on Brewster's performance at the U. As I recall the situation, Kill elected to honor Marz's commitment to Wisconsin and not persuade him to flip to Minnesota.

I have also heard there is a dead Gophers fan buried in the Marz's yard for each victory Tyler has had. Each killed with the Axe. They don't mess around.

Top Bottom