Melvin Gordon: "It’s going to get chippy. Neither one of us like each other."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon: "It’s going to get chippy. Neither one of us like each other."

per Flood:

“It’s going to get chippy," junior running back Melvin Gordon said. "Neither one of us like each other. Let’s not try and sugar code it. They’re taught not to like us, we’re taught not to like them. When we come in as freshman, they put that in our heads.”

Ask any Badger player, even those who didn't grow up in either state and had no ties to the rivalry prior to arriving in Madison how long it took them to get emotionally invested against Minnesota.

The answer was unanimous across the board.

“It took a couple days into my freshman year, to really get the vibes from the other guys," junior safety Michael Caputo said. "I did some research on it, because it was a big deal. Everyone was talking about getting The Axe. The energy in practice and in games just settled in the foundation for the rivalry.”

http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Article/No-love-lost-between-Minnesota-and-Wisconsin-33297454

Go Gophers!!

per Flood:

“It’s going to get chippy," junior running back Melvin Gordon said. "Neither one of us like each other. Let’s not try and sugar code it. They’re taught not to like us, we’re taught not to like them. When we come in as freshman, they put that in our heads.”

Ask any Badger player, even those who didn't grow up in either state and had no ties to the rivalry prior to arriving in Madison how long it took them to get emotionally invested against Minnesota.

“It took a couple days into my freshman year, to really get the vibes from the other guys," junior safety Michael Caputo said. "I did some research on it, because it was a big deal. Everyone was talking about getting The Axe. The energy in practice and in games just settled in the foundation for the rivalry.”

http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Article/No-love-lost-between-Minnesota-and-Wisconsin-33297454

Go Gophers!!
Sugar code? LOL. Who's the true moron here? Is it Gordon or Evan Flood?

per Flood:

Go Gophers!!

This is comical. Who has control over their team. I will not be surprised if UW tries to get our Gophers into "chippy" extra stuff. I hope this Gopher team continues to stay focused on the prize.

Moving on to Wisconsin fans, this refutes pretty much everything they say about Minnesota not mattering much.

If the Badgers want to get chippy, I hope the Gophers have the discipline to take the free 15 yards rather than retaliate.

This is comical. Who has control over their team. I will not be surprised if UW tries to get our Gophers into "chippy" extra stuff. I hope this Gopher team continues to stay focused on the prize.

Moving on to Wisconsin fans, this refutes pretty much everything they say about Minnesota not mattering much.

My first thought. Their fans/players need to get on the same page. Half say they hate us so much, half say we are irrelevant.

It is interesting that the Badgers are so outspoken. Not much of anything has come out of the Minnesota team this week.

If the Badgers want to get chippy, I hope the Gophers have the discipline to take the free 15 yards rather than retaliate.

This is spot on. I know its cliche, but you got to hit 'em where it hurts: up on the scoreboard. Plenty of time to run our mouths after the game if we win.

My point exactly. Makes me think Anderson's team is more than a little concerned. Also makes me wonder how much control he has over his team.

What is the statue of limitations on saying stupid things?

I hope Kill brings his Enigma Machine so we can crack the Sugar Code

Gordon is a monster game away from the Heisman and he is focused on "chippy" play. The Gophers are in his head.*

*Of course, a Badger fan might interpret this as focus.

Maybe this is some kind of Morris Coat message for the Badgers....SOS

This is one of the most entertaining sports chat boards ever.

Gopher fans long to be respected and vow their hatred of the Badgers and their fans.

Then, when the Badger coach talks about nothing but respect for Coach Kill and his team and a few Badger players acknowledge the intensity of a great rivalry is finally back, you all go ballistic.

This reminds of the days of my youth when Alvarez first brought our football program back into the national picture and turned us into a perennial bowl team and league contender. We were all so starved for success that we jumped at every perceived slight and lack of respect.

Fast forward 20 years and Minnesota finally has a coach and a team to be proud of. He was smart enough to follow the Alvarez model for building a successful Midwest football program. You should all be smart and support him with facilities and cash to match his success.

Enjoy the ride boys and girls, after all, its only a game.

Seems Flood axed that question to get a raise out of Gordon

Gopher fans long to be respected and vow their hatred of the Badgers and their fans.

Then, when the Badger coach talks about nothing but respect for Coach Kill and his team and a few Badger players acknowledge the intensity of a great rivalry is finally back, you all go ballistic.

This reminds of the days of my youth when Alvarez first brought our football program back into the national picture and turned us into a perennial bowl team and league contender. We were all so starved for success that we jumped at every perceived slight and lack of respect.

Fast forward 20 years and Minnesota finally has a coach and a team to be proud of. He was smart enough to follow the Alvarez model for building a successful Midwest football program. You should all be smart and support him with facilities and cash to match his success.

Gotta pass the time until gameday some way.

Does ballistic have a different meaning for Wisconsin fans? I see a conversation, but that's just me. Nobody going ballistic. Or if there was someone going overboard, it is one or two people. The problem with many people who travel to other team's message board is they generally only pick out select comments. We could have a thread with 98 comments saying good things about Melvin Gordon but if two say something bad about him, I would bet those two comments make it back to your own board.

But go on, continue to act like Gopher fans are so much worse than your fellow badger fans when it comes to things said on a message board.

Top Bottom