Do we root for Iowa or Nebraska?

die hard gopher

Reaction score
If Nebraska gets to 9 wins and we lose to Wiscy would that extra win bump them ahead of us in the bowl selection process? What if Iowa wins and all three of us have 8 win seasons? Does that mean we would be relegated down two spots behind both of them or would we stay ahead of both of them in the pecking order? I'm leaning towards Iowa winning due to my last scenario plus I think it would be kind of funny to see Bo get fired. I would watch that presser.

Even if we lose neither should be ahead of us, but either (or both) of them could be placed ahead of us even if they lose if Delaney decides that on the field performance doesn't matter in the bowl selection process.

I can't see a scenario where Iowa jumps us. We absolutely throttled them. It would be embarrassing for all involved. Not that it has stopped them before.

I can't see a scenario where Iowa jumps us. We absolutely throttled them. It would be embarrassing for all involved. Not that it has stopped them before.

I agree, I think Holiday Bowl is the lowest we get but you never know.

I doubt the Nebraska-Iowa game matters much for bowl selections. Nebraska has played in Florida three straight years, so it was already unlikely they'd return to a game there. Iowa was in the Outback Bowl last year, and they haven't earned a Citrus Bowl bid. I think these teams are playing to sort out who goes to which game in California, though Iowa could also be a candidate for the Gator Bowl, should that game opt for a Big Ten team.

The one thing that could throw everything sideways is if Michigan State lands in the Orange Bowl and takes away the Big Ten's Citrus Bowl slot.

I want Iowa to win. Can't let Nebraska get to 9 wins.

I'm rooting for Nebraska because they're playing Iowa. But realistically, they also have a lesser chance of jumping Minnesota come bowl time. As I said, they've played in Florida three straight years, and before that, played in the Holiday Bowl back-to-back years. Win or lose, the Huskers could be going to San Fran.

Easy. You root for Nebraska simply because you don't root for Iowa.

I cheer for whichever outcome serves our best interest. In this case it's Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And make that school down south question why did we give a long term contract for this?

Thank you for pointing out the obvious to those that forgot to think about it for one second.

View attachment 3161

I get the rivalry, but if it means giving the Gophers the best chance at not getting screwed, I'll cheer for whatever that is, and right now that means not letting Nebraska get to 9 wins. We already smoked them by 5 touchdowns, I don't really care what happens after that.

I get the rivalry, but if it means giving the Gophers the best chance at not getting screwed, I'll cheer for whatever that is, and right now that means not letting Nebraska get to 9 wins. We already smoked them by 5 touchdowns, I don't really care what happens after that.

I can't see us getting jumped by either team this year. Not with the big ten involvement in the process and head to head wins. I don't see the game directly affecting the gophers so with that in mind I can't root for iowa. Of course I live in enemy territory so I get a good dose of the idiocy of the hawkeye fan base all year.

Doesn't matter. Neither team is "jumping us". Ain't happening anymore. Different bowl selection process. We win all tiebreakers of any kind that can be used. Also includes Maryland. Minnesota can be "ranked" no lower than 4.

Also, where Iowa and Nebraska have recently has no bearing, per new bowl agreements. The new cycle starts this year.

Always pull for Iowa's opponent... unless they play wisconsin; then pull for the meteor.

Also, how insanely fun would it be if we had: the Bell, the Pig, the Jug, the Chair, and the Axe.
And Iowa didn't have any of: children of the corn trophy, the Pig, the golden calf idol, and the 'Murica Trophy (1.0).

Immaterial. We are beating Becky! Besides, have to pull for Nebraska. Good people unlike Iowa.

Dead man walking or dead fans talking?

Man it's fun to watch Iowa and NEbraska go at each other while knowing without a shred of homerism that the Gopher football program is simply in better shape than either squad.

Always pull for Iowa's opponent... unless they play wisconsin; then pull for the meteor.

Also, how insanely fun would it be if we had: the Bell, the Pig, the Jug, the Chair, and the Axe.
And Iowa didn't have any of: children of the corn trophy, the Pig, the golden calf idol, and the 'Murica Trophy (1.0).

GO FIGHTING METEORS!

Nebraska is looking very soft (again). Gotta think Pelini's job is back in jeopardy. It could be argued their program is now squarely in 4th position for the future in the west division.

Coach Ferenz lifted his arms in emotion after that blocked FG. Will he need an IV and an oxygen mask?

Top Bottom