The Beginnings Of Hatred

Buck_Buchanan

Reaction score
For every CFB fan, there is a moment in time when one realizes they possess strong feelings of animosity towards a rival opponent. It has been well documented, on this forum, as to who dislikes which rival more and there rationale behind it. Further, it isn't exclusive to any gender, age group, or geographic boundary. Having said that, I would like to share the following story. We are spending Thanksgiving with family in Florida. This evening, as we are attending an outdoor concert, a guy (from WI) notices our Gopher jackets and chimes in "Long day for you guys Saturday, long day." I reply, "We'll see buddy, we'll see." Get back from the concert and our 15 year old says, "Jeez dad, I hope we pound those guys Saturday, their such @$!#$@!!" Dad replies, "15 years and you have OFFICIALLY arrived." "Welcome to hate club." Point being is every fan, regardless of age, has a time they can recall when their dislike for a fanbase/team takes root. Happened tonight for our kid and it was great. I only wished I had it recorded.

1395694411620-Hunger3.gif

If it is going to be such a long day you should have retorted with, yea like that one you just had in Iowa? As soon as those BUCKY fans realize they haven't really played anyone, W Illinois, Bolling Green, South Florida? Power houses of college football....not that we played that solid of a preseason ourselves but on the road to the Title for the West based on common opponents, we both beat Iowa, Purdue and Nebraska....Where we dropped one to Illinois they dropped one to Northwestern. I'd argue that league play they have had a far easier route than we have. So let them gloat and pound their chests on 10 years of winning that Axe but after we get done punching them in the mouth Saturday, let's hear them then.

If it is going to be such a long day you should have retorted with, yea like that one you just had in Iowa? As soon as those BUCKY fans realize they haven't really played anyone, W Illinois, Bolling Green, South Florida? Power houses of college football....not that we played that solid of a preseason ourselves but on the road to the Title for the West based on common opponents, we both beat Iowa, Purdue and Nebraska....Where we dropped one to Illinois they dropped one to Northwestern. I'd argue that league play they have had a far easier route than we have. So let them gloat and pound their chests on 10 years of winning that Axe but after we get done punching them in the mouth Saturday, let's hear them then.

I'm glad he didn't because they actually won in Iowa City...

Top Bottom