Can we get Maxx Williams on one jet sweep or option run?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I know Limegrover doesn't need my input, but for bleeps and giggles, can we get at least one Maxx Williams Jet sweep this weekend. How about an option pitch from the running back to Maxx off the outside zone read? Not really in the play book I know but good humor nonetheless. Maxx has it in him to house one of those sweep motions, the dude has deceptive jets. Maxx Williams on a jet sweep now that is some Xbox 360 stuff right there.
Hard to call a play like that when Wisconsin is going to be all over #88 that is for sure. Williams is a marked man.
That brick by brick video posted elsewhere is outstanding, get's you fired up for Saturday even more. SKI-U-MAH!

Does Maxx run a 4.4? Oh he does? Well, then let's get him involved.

/sarcasm

Ummm... the kool aid is strong with this one.

Past the beer on to Bourbon. Rye Bourbon to be exact.

I was hoping when I opened this thread that it would be more intelligent than the title indicated.

I was disappointed.

Option, no. Handling the ball on a misdirection play? I think it's an interesting suggestion. He's fast for a guy his size. Faster than a lot of qb's that succeed on blind bootlegs. Misdirection reverse with pass option?

We should pull out the Offensive Tackle being eligible like we did last year at the Bank against Nebraska and really throw a wrench at Wisco

At a critical time of the game, fourth and 5 or 6, hike the ball to him on a fake punt and let him get the yards. We have done this before so I believe it is in the playbook.
Go Gophers!

Flea flicker. 10 of them, minimum.

Maxx is a great tight end, but this play has a better chance with Jerry Kill running it. Better dancer.

When I was in college at Augsburg, one year we had the only 2 QB's on the roster get hurt, so we put our TB at QB. But, he did't have a great arm, so we would run a tight-end around and let the TE throw the ball. Just saying....

When I was in college at Augsburg, one year we had the only 2 QB's on the roster get hurt, so we put our TB at QB. But, he did't have a great arm, so we would run a tight-end around and let the TE throw the ball. Just saying....

I was there from 79-82. None of our QBs could throw (or run) when healthy. I also remember our punter finishing 9th in an 8-team conference. Heady days indeed.

I was there from 79-82. None of our QBs could throw (or run) when healthy. I also remember our punter finishing 9th in an 8-team conference. Heady days indeed.

This reminds me of a quote from Jim Wacker... I think it must have been the first year Penn State was in the Big 10..... "We just accomplished something nobody ever thought was possible....we finished eleventh in the Big Ten"

The Maxx play is truly brilliant and when we have the Badgers off balance, then we can run that pitch play to Epping. I'm guessing he'll walk in.

Top Bottom