Kirkwood on U students wearing Badger clothes

Took me one semester to switch allegiances after showing up in Madison. Todd Alexander jumper from the corner beating the Badgers was the last time I cheered for the Gophers over the Badgers. It just felt weird to do once I was a student there.

However, I will say, it is not like I have forgotten the great times I had at Williams or even Memorial Stadium as a kid. There is still a very small soft spot I have in my heart for the Gophers and I know plenty of Gophers fans I will be happy for if they win on Saturday.

I will say, knowing how much people hate the Badgers on this board makes winning even more enjoyable.

Took me one semester to switch allegiances after showing up in Madison. Todd Alexander jumper from the corner beating the Badgers was the last time I cheered for the Gophers over the Badgers. It just felt weird to do once I was a student there.

However, I will say, it is not like I have forgotten the great times I had at Williams or even Memorial Stadium as a kid. There is still a very small soft spot I have in my heart for the Gophers and I know plenty of Gophers fans I will be happy for if they win on Saturday.

I will say, knowing how much people hate the Badgers on this board makes winning even more enjoyable.

I think it is understandable to still have a connection/soft spot for the team you grew up liking. I could even understand someone cheering for both teams. Just don't understand those who cheer against the alma mater, and certainly don't get it when you are a current student there.

This may be the most sensible post out of your 1,076.

GVBadger..." How everybody on this board hates the Badgers" Hating the Badgers is universal. Do you actually get out of your basement?

Hating the Badgers is universal? Do you actually ever get out of your Gopherhole?

Took me one semester to switch allegiances after showing up in Madison. Todd Alexander jumper from the corner beating the Badgers was the last time I cheered for the Gophers over the Badgers. It just felt weird to do once I was a student there. However, I will say, it is not like I have forgotten the great times I had at Williams or even Memorial Stadium as a kid. There is still a very small soft spot I have in my heart for the Gophers and I know plenty of Gophers fans I will be happy for if they win on Saturday. I will say, knowing how much people hate the Badgers on this board makes winning even more enjoyable.

Took me a year to favor Badger football and basketball and about three years to favor Badger hockey. I remain more than a casual Gopher fan however. I've pulled for the Gophers in every game they've played this year and if they win I'll pull for them next week.

IMO, If you get through four years of school and are still rooting against the school's team and for your home state, you never really became a part of the school.

Hating the Badgers is universal? Do you actually ever get out of your Gopherhole?
Son, I've been East and West. North and South. I can flat out say the Badgers are the most unpopular team in college football. Even in Canada! So shut your pie hole and go back to your badger den.

Ruppert.

Produce data to back up your delusion of world wide Badger hate.

I actually wondered yesterday if you can even watch the NFL these days. After all, the hated Badgers are starring all over the league.

You should really take your medication as prescribed. It will be much more effective.

My God, will you rubes (Ruppert included) please shut the hell up already with this stupid posturing crap. Or take it to the off topic board or something. These ridiculous pissing matches are just that....ridiculous. smfh. :rolleyes:

Ruppert.

Produce data to back up your delusion of world wide Badger hate.

I actually wondered yesterday if you can even watch the NFL these days. After all, the hated Badgers are starring all over the league.

You should really take your medication as prescribed. It will be much more effective.

In the BIG, the Badgers are the most hated team in the conference because of their fans. OUT OF THE CONFERENCE your reputation proceeds itself. Case in point. In Houston for the Texas Tech game at the pre-game luncheon in the Galleria the consensus was the only thing they know about Wisconsin
was that they ran the ball well and their fans were dicks. In was the same in Dallas - Fort Worth this year for the TCU game when I posed the same question. The arrogance of Ohio State and Michigan is tolerable. The dickheadness of Becky isn't.

Ridiculous? Posturing?

I find it completely entertaining to make a blowhard like Ruppert look silly.

Tomorrow's game should be awesome. I will happily great all visiting Gopher fans to Camp Randall and I will cheer for the Gophers to beat OSU should they end up in Indianapolis next Saturday night.

As a 2 time grad of UW in the late 80s and early 90s, I find always find it to be samazing to look back on the last 20 years of Badger athletics and compare them to my time in Madison. We have enjoyed unbelievable success in the last couple of decades.

The Gopher football program now reminds me of the early Alvarez days in Madison (in more ways than 1). I would be happy if another frustrated Big Ten team could enjoy some big time success.

Cheers!

Rupert,

Our reputation would precede us.

You should really take your meds.

And I bet the fans in Houston are pretty familiar with JJ Watt being from Wisconsin.

Ridiculous? Posturing?

I find it completely entertaining to make a blowhard like Ruppert look silly.

Tomorrow's game should be awesome. I will happily great all visiting Gopher fans to Camp Randall and I will cheer for the Gophers to beat OSU should they end up in Indianapolis next Saturday night.

As a 2 time grad of UW in the late 80s and early 90s, I find always find it to be samazing to look back on the last 20 years of Badger athletics and compare them to my time in Madison. We have enjoyed unbelievable success in the last couple of decades.

The Gopher football program now reminds me of the early Alvarez days in Madison (in more ways than 1). I would be happy if another frustrated Big Ten team could enjoy some big time success.

Cheers!
The only thing silly is you hanging your Lazy Ike out and trolling over here.

Trolling?

Why?

Because I called you on your delusional view of Badger sports?

I actually LIKE the team you claim to support.

I haven't seen too many posts from you supporting Minnesota, really only on hating Wisconsin. Your hate is so strong you some how have transposed it onto every college sports fan in the country.

That is really odd but it says alot about you and the flywheel family.
You have no data to back up your claim. Only your vast experience.

Trolling?

Why?

Because I called you on your delusional view of Badger sports?

I actually LIKE the team you claim to support.

I haven't seen too many posts from you supporting Minnesota, really only on hating Wisconsin. Your hate is so strong you some how have transposed it onto every college sports fan in the country.

That is really odd but it says alot about you and the flywheel family.
You have no data to back up your claim. Only your vast experience.

You know nothing about me, nor my family. My data is hands on conversation based on a 27 year season ticket holder. I've attended.every B1G venue except for Rutgers and Maryland. Every Bowl game except for the two Rose Bowl games, Liberty Bowl, one Music City Bowl. Now, take a hike.

Sorry for the delay. Just got home from a great movie. I highly recommend Whiplash.

Back to our conversation. I have been a Badger season ticket holder for 29 years and attended games for the 15 years before that with my family. I too,have been all over the Big Ten and have had very few issues, and none serious, as a Badger fan. Where is all this hate that you imagine?

I do have a more serious question though. What 2 Rose Bowl games are you talking about?

Top Bottom