Given its Thanksgiving Week, what are you thankful for with Gopher football?

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for:

- COACH KILL!
- Work Horse Cobb
- GopherHole - awesome place to share passion with die-hards
- Special Teams superiority!
- Meaningful November football

I'm thankful for Coach Kill - his health, his being here, just generally for being a really, really good guy (from everything I can tell). So lucky to have him.

I'm thankful for TCF Bank Stadium. We're not that far removed from having to play our games in a stale, off-campus environment. Now it's "old hat" to walk through the arches and sit under a clear September sky, but I do not for a second take it for granted.

I'm thankful every damn day that I'm a Golden Gopher - without the experiences I gained at the U of M, I wouldn't be the man I am today. I am never not proud to be an alumnus and fan of that fine institution and wouldn't trade it for any other.

I'm thankful to see the Gopher FB program become relevant again. It's great to see people getting excited over a Gopher FB game, instead of the Vikes or something else. And I'm thankful that Jerry Kill has been able to build this program while bringing in people who are good students and good citizens.
(hate to see the problems with a Gopher Men's BB player - but you have to contrast that with Chip's report about David Cobb stopping to give money to a homeless person. It's great to be able to root for an athlete, and know he's the kind of person who you can be proud to have represent the University and the State of MN. I could see Cobb becoming one of those players who stays in the TC area after his playing career.)

1. Jerry Kill
2. Administration for being patient with Jerry and allowing him to figure out his health situation

I'm thankful for coach Kill, and that for the first time in my life, I believe Minnesota can get to a Rose Bowl.

Beating Nebraska again so I can give my older brother and sister crap for another year. Priceless!

Staff continuity. Such a major factor in building a program and keeping a consistent message. I don't know that we've ever had a solid staff for more than a couple years at a time in my lifetime as a Gopher fan.

I'm thankful for all those players that make me proud to cheer for them. They work hard, don't give up, and seem to care for each other. Much like I loved the 1987 Twins team, I feel the same way about this team. They're a special group of young men, and from what I understand, the underclassmen are going to be just as worthy. I'm also so thankful that Coach Kill has been healthy. GO GOPHERS!

I am thankful that I have been able to afford full season tickets since 1996 and have enjoyed all of it the ride that is Gopher football, the heartache, the joy and watching the boys claim the Jug this year in Ann Arbor was magic, you could tell right then this group was different and these guys pulled for each other like no group I had seen before. David Cobb what a machine running behind the O-line they can knock him down but he is like the Energizer Bunny he keeps coming and coming and keeps picking up first downs.
#27 will be remembered with the same revereance that #21 BarberIII and #22 Maroney have at the U and that is now a special uniform number worthy of only special players in my opinion. In a short time he has left a huge undeniable mark on the program.
I even said it after the Purdue game leaving the stadium, this group is different, I can't put my finger on it but there is something different, all past groups would have let that one get away. This 2014 has been a special season already.

That and we do not have to see the kids take buses to the Metrodome or even watch games in the Metrodome anymore, I am so thankful that Gopher football finally has a home on campus in TCF. TCF finally feels like home something we never had at the U when I was a full time student.
Culture change, it is finally happening in Minnesota. People will always love Vikings football or so it seems but at least more than a few people are finally getting the fact that College football is fun and the Gophers are worth their time.
People I work with that were only Vikings fans first and could care less about the Gophers are starting to buy in to how much College football and Gopher game day can be. Took some free tickets and such to get some of them on board but once they go they want to keep going. A lot of Vikings fans that casually like the Gophers especially the one's I know with kids do not even realize how reasonable the tickets are and that it is one of the few family friendly environments for sporting events that will not break the bank.
This year I am thankful for the success the Gophers are having, David Cobb again, Mitch Leidner being a tough SOB, and the defense finally being a SOURCE OF PRIDE FOR THE GOPHERS. Coach Kill and staff, all of the players for leaving everything out on the field each week. For the first time in my lifetime Big 10 championships, possibly going to Indianapolis, and dreaming about going to the Rose bowl and camping out for two days before the parade and game are not just dreams they are possiblity's. What Mckinnley Boston said in 1994 after the Syracuse game is finally happening, we are turning the corner and there is no looking back to those wilderness years. Coach Kill and these players are completing the "turn" there is no going backwards just forwards from now on. One last thank you to Joel Maturi for hiring coach Kill I know I kept pestering you with emails about coach Kill at Northern Illinois and you were paitent and did not mind being badgered about it. I'm not taking credit for Kill being here but after they kicked our butts in 2008 I knew I wanted him and his staff here, chased a lot of names even Hoke(man am I glad they saw through that guy) but yes we are lucky to have coach Kill as part of the Gopher family, he wasn't what most wanted but he is what we needed to have the program turn the corner.

Thankful for Coach Kill and all he is doing with those guys, for our state and for epilepsy awareness. I am thankful he has his health, can drive his truck, dance badly and enjoy an upset so much it nearly brings tears to my eyes.

Thankful for Coach Kill & staff, and Momma Kill.

Thankful that the program is finally turning the corner. I have waited 40+ years for the chance at a B1G Title.

Thankful for the way Coach Kill shape and mold young men by example to become good quality human beings that will shape them for the rest of their lifes.

That I can wake up every Saturday thinking we have a chance of winning today.

Coach kill, Rebecca, and the players that believe

Top Bottom