Media Predictions: Gophers at Badgers

If Cobb cannot play - I'd love to see Kirkwood run circles around the Badger defense and out gain Melvin Gordon.

Kill is obfuscating the Cobb injury. all part the game

Kill has zero reason to try and hide whether or not Cobb is going to play. No matter who lines up in the backfield the Badgers are going to sell out to stop the run and try to make us beat them through the air.

As to the media predictions, so far they seem to be trending towards it being closer then the spread but with Wisconsin winning. Last week everyone seemed to project it being closer then the spread and about a 50/50 split on us or Nebraska winning the game.

Dem fresh legs is right. If the Gophers keep it close through 3, I look for Williams and Kirkwood to run over the Badger linebackers and secondary.

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/111696/big-ten-predictions-week-14-2

Unanimous selections

Wisconsin 24, Minnesota 20: The Gophers have a real chance here, but the potential absence of David Cobb (hamstring) and the road environment will make it tough. Melvin Gordon is held under 200 yards but rips off the game-winning score in the fourth quarter.

Austin Ward is just protecting his lead. I bet he thinks MN wins. He's been picking the Gophers all year with the exception of the OSU game.

MN only wins if MN outcoaches (see 19 yd williams td scamper against NE) the WI coaches.

CBS: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/14

Against the Spread:
6YrkE3u.png

Straight Up:
AV2xE2y.png

Did anyone really expect to see the Gophers picked in this one? I sure didn't. Losing 10 years in a row makes Bucky the safe bet. If Gophers can get a few licks on Stave early and make his YIPS return, they simply key on Gordon and watch Stave toss them a few lame ducks. Ball protection will be key- I think we win in a game that looks closer than it will be.

I'd say if Cobb is healthy, we'd see someone on us but with our best offensive player (in regards to who makes us go) questionable, it's hard for anyone to pick us. That being said, we're winning this damn game so I can make my brother buy us tickets to Indy since I made a bet with him that he would pay if we went this year.

Nebraska is in a free fall, Wisc trending upward, scares me.

That is definitely a key distinction from last week to this week. Nebraska essentially had their division title hopes smashed the week before playing us, Wisconsin comes in riding a winning streak and knowing they need the win to get the division title. If we play really well and get a few breaks anything can happen but we will need to play mistake free to beat these guys in Madison.

I would rather be the dog in this one. that will give us an edge right there

I like the Kirkwood and Williams tandem. those people who think Cobb being out dont know a thing about the team.

cCobb was a 3rd maybe 4th behind both of these guys until he proved he could play. they are fresh and did anyone notice we scored as many TD's with Cobb on Saturday as we did without him?

the main thing we need to do is play above our heads on defense. we will score on them I am sure of that. we scored on OSU and i believe OSU is better than Uofw

This is setting up to be a great game i hope we dont disspoint

That is definitely a key distinction from last week to this week. Nebraska essentially had their division title hopes smashed the week before playing us, Wisconsin comes in riding a winning streak and knowing they need the win to get the division title. If we play really well and get a few breaks anything can happen but we will need to play mistake free to beat these guys in Madison.

Its not out of the question the WI is looking past us for all the reasons mentioned in this thread.

Mn & Wi have a chance to separate themselves from the rest of the division which would be awesome. It could come down to the last game every year.

Its not out of the question the WI is looking past us for all the reasons mentioned in this thread.

Some of their fans may be looking past the game but I highly doubt any of the coaches or players are. They have seen enough of us to know we won't be a pushover and add that to the rivalry aspect and the fact that the winner gets a berth in the Big Ten title game and I would expect both teams to be extremely focused on this one.

Some of their fans may be looking past the game but I highly doubt any of the coaches or players are. They have seen enough of us to know we won't be a pushover and add that to the rivalry aspect and the fact that the winner gets a berth in the Big Ten title game and I would expect both teams to be extremely focused on this one.

Agreed. Reading some of the comment UW players have made there is no way the team is over looking MN. While the sconnie fans would love to convince us that they don't believe we are their top rival, the team has it hammered into them from Day 1 on campus that THIS game means a lot.

it's up to the kids, simple as that. Play hard, not scared.

it's up to the kids, simple as that. Play hard, not scared.
I predict zero chance of being scared, 100% chance of playing hard. It's what we do; who we are.

There's an old gambling adage:

Don't pick a road dog against the spread unless you think they have a solid shot to win.

The fact that most of these "experts" pick the Gophers ATS is telling!

Top Bottom