Daquein McNeil has been arrested for domestic assault

Black jocks are singled out for domestic assault at a much higher rate than white jocks...therefore there must be some serious discrimination going on.

I understand where you're coming from, but just to be clear... if the allegations are true, you don't actually think he should be allowed to remain at the school, correct?

Never said they were bound that's why I offered my opinion on what they should do, not what they're legally bound to do. But I stand by my opinion. Schools make millions off of these kids and throw them out like leftovers when something goes wrong. Obviously there's personal accountability involved and criminal behavior kind of trumps everything but there's something that doesn't sit right with me about how these kids get thrown away so easily. There's the aspect of having to fit within a team culture and structure as well as a university one, and I get that there are requirements placed on those that are on scholarship and those that publicly represent the school. That said, we recruit a kid like McNeal from a crappy background with almost no stability for years (went to multiple prep schools and both parents have passed). We tell him that this is his 'family' and his new support system, and then when he screws up (royally if the allegations are true), its 'don't let the door hit you'. I know its not realistic to keep a kid on scholarship when he's no longer on the team due to criminal behavior nor is it realistic to expect a coach to hold a spot for a player for a year under criminal investigation, but it still doesn't sit well with me the ease at which schools just discard a kid, especially those that aren't convicted of crimes or only plead to minor crimes

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This sounds absolutely horrible.

Domestic assault is definitely not something to take lightly. Story seems odd though...McNeil is assaulting her, and she goes to take a shower? Then continues to shower as he continues to assault her? Perhaps some running should be in order...or give him a swift kick below the belt.

Hopefully the victim is alright. I won't jump to any conclusions until all the information is assembled.

Domestic assault is definitely not something to take lightly. Story seems odd though...McNeil is assaulting her, and she goes to take a shower? Then continues to shower as he continues to assault her? Perhaps some running should be in order...or give him a swift kick below the belt.

Hopefully the victim is alright. I won't jump to any conclusions until all the information is assembled.

I would assume the cold water, somewhat cold air could cause early hypothermic symptoms (like the feeling of needle pricks on your skin etc) that are pretty scary. It could be that she needed to get warm fast. Who knows in all actuality though.

Wow this is some pretty nasty stuff. If this is true he will certainly be done as a gopher and will have a lot of legal issues to deal with. Just sad for everyone.

I would assume the cold water, somewhat cold air could cause early hypothermic symptoms (like the feeling of needle pricks on your skin etc) that are pretty scary. It could be that she needed to get warm fast. Who knows in all actuality though.

I wonder if the shower didn't happen after he had left. Then he returned and broke into the bathroom. It doesn't make sense that she would go take a shower to warm up when he was still in the apartment ranting and raving.

What the hell McNeil? Girls can't ruin your life. If one leaves, find a younger hotter one. C'mon man.

If this story is true, Daquein can blame himself for "ruining his life" rather than the victim. He is in big trouble

If this information is correct, Pitino has absolutely no obligation to waste time on someone like that--regardless of background.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This sounds absolutely horrible.

I wonder if the shower didn't happen after he had left. Then he returned and broke into the bathroom. It doesn't make sense that she would go take a shower to warm up when he was still in the apartment ranting and raving.

This is a horrible report. If true, see you later DM.

That said, I agree with your thought here. Also, where was the roommate during the 2nd half of this? Why wasn't 911 called? Some missing details. Perhaps by design, because they had enough to establish probable cause - which is what this doc is.

Irrespective of the effect on the Gophers, pray for the recovery of the apparently damaged psyches of the victim and perpetrator.

You do have to wonder why the male roommate took off. There's clearly more backstory here as a probable cause statement is a shortened digest of the victim's statement(s) and the officers' observations.

"Ruined Your Life" WTF? You're a 21 yr-old young man on full scholarship playing basketball in the BIG. You've got your whole future ahead of you. How the hell can your life be ruined by a woman/girlfriend.

"Ruined Your Life" WTF? You're a 21 yr-old young man on full scholarship playing basketball in the BIG. You've got your whole future ahead of you. How the hell can your life be ruined by a woman/girlfriend.

I asked myself the same question. The only thing I could think of was that she is/was pregnant, otherwise, how the hell do you explain this (alleged) type of reaction?

I asked myself the same question. The only thing I could think of was that she is/was pregnant, otherwise, how the hell do you explain this (alleged) type of reaction?

Not saying there is any truth to it, because I have no idea. Good guess though.

Getting back to the basketball side of things - assuming DM does not play again for Gophs - this has to impact the plans for recruiting. Wonder if they will go for a Juco PG or combo guard to get a little more experience in the backcourt.

Just to clear things up, read the last sentence of the fourth paragraph of the Statement of Probable Cause.

Right. I read that sentence, but misinterpreted it. Thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom