Chip: Jerry Kill is a hot name now. That means it’s time for the U to start dig in

I wish this had been rolled into the cost of TCF Bank Stadium. Two birds with one stone. Uninformed people now figure... "What, they just built a stadium... what more do they want?" when the reality is the program is far behind in terms of facilities.

So I know this has been brought up before but I can't remember what the answer was. They've tried to contact T. Denny Sanford right? Do we have a reasoning for him saying no? (presumably) I know that my home state SDSU is getting their football stadium and amenities renovated thanks to him.

we also need to get our asst coaches caught up in pay. The top Oand D cordinators in bg10 and around the country are making 750000 our300000 last in the bg10

we also need to get our asst coaches caught up in pay. The top Oand D cordinators in bg10 and around the country are making 750000 our300000 last in the bg10

I do not believe this is still the case. This was addressed in the contract updates/raises last spring.

I believe Kill's latest contract revision requires his staff collectively remains in the top six of the conference with respect to compensation.

the sports media in this town is an effing joke...biggest game in a generation and front page articles are (i) Scoggins on possibility of Kill leaving and (ii) phat pat writes an article on the Wyoming coach. TV covrage last night was Wisky coach wanting to change the ax protocol...Keep us on page 6 from now on...I like our chances when no one els give us a chance

Did Land O' Lakes contribution earn them naming rights to any particular facility? If not, I wonder what that will require. It would be decent advertising. Cargill is private and wouldn't have to explain a contribution to shareholders, do they have any U of M grads in high level ranks of the company?

A nice donation from MA Mortenson would seem fitting. They are the contractor that built TCF, Target Field and the new Vikings Stadium.

Did Land O' Lakes contribution earn them naming rights to any particular facility? If not, I wonder what that will require. It would be decent advertising. Cargill is private and wouldn't have to explain a contribution to shareholders, do they have any U of M grads in high level ranks of the company?

Not trying to argue with you at all, but would doubt Land O' Lakes really has to explain anything to shareholders either. As my guess is that the $25 million donation the U of M got came from the philanthropic arm/account of the Land O' Lakes corporation and thus likely doesn't hit their corporate balance sheet in the way you may be thinking of. It is not like they just took $25 million off the bottom line that would have been going to shareholders via a regular dividend, etc. i.e. The donation most likely came from a completely different pool/account of money.

A nice donation from MA Mortenson would seem fitting. They are the contractor that built TCF, Target Field and the new Vikings Stadium.

They have been getting a lot of work lately haven't they? Would be a fantastic gesture if they did. That said good for them though. As they are local and in fact one of the patriarchs of the company (recently passed away in the last couple years) had actually worked on the building of Memorial Stadium back in the early 1920's and was also present for the brick laying of TCF Stadium at age 100.

Anybody know how close we actually are to building this thing?
When the news came out about Land O Lakes donating I remember reading that they were expecting to start digging in the spring. Does anyone else remember that?

Does anyone know if Kill took out a 30 year mortgage?

I'm so very proud of what Coach Kill & staff have done here, not to mention Norwood Teague, that I'm finally going to get off my financial butt and kick in to this program. My contribution won't pay for much more than a couple of sinks, but it'll send a small message that I'm "in". It shames me to admit that I'd not known of this Nothing Short of Greatness website previously. Agree with others' comments that our marketing needs to be cranked up, a LOT.

Go, Gophers! Win or lose this weekend, I love how this team conducts itself on & off the field. Well done, gents!

Top Bottom