re: BTN coverage of Saturday's game

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
re: BTN coverage of Saturday's game

got this in my e-mail at work. thought I'd share with the board.

CHICAGO – BTN on Saturday had the highest viewership in its history, with three football and two men’s basketball games contributing to the record day.
Saturday’s noon ET games, which featured Indiana at Ohio State and Rutgers at Michigan State, averaged a 3.0 HH rating in the network’s 12 metered markets.* Most notably, the games in Columbus earned a 27.0 HH rating, in Dayton, 13.9, Cleveland, 12.1 and in Detroit, 6.5.
BTN’s afternoon game, Maryland at Michigan, delivered a 2.0 HH rating, with Detroit leading all the network’s metered markets with a 10.3 HH rating, followed by Columbus at 9.5.
BTN completed the night with two non-conference men’s basketball games, Lamar at Indiana and Boise State at Wisconsin.

BTN will finish the regular season football game this Saturday (11/29) with a key matchup that will determine the winner of the Big Ten’s West Division, as No. 22 Minnesota heads to No. 14 Wisconsin for a 3:30 PM ET start. Given the game’s significance in the Big Ten title race, the network will travel its lead studio team of Dave Revsine and analysts Gerry DiNardo and Howard Griffith to Madison for on-site pregame, halftime and post-game coverage.

Lead studio team on site! This will be just like Gameday, without the Washington State flags in the background!

Well, maybe not.

Is Mase doing the game?

Yeah...............consider me surprised that ESPN didn't pick it up.

They decided to go with Florida/Florida St., I hope it's a snoozer. ESPN exec's questioning why they chose that game and not ours. Big Ten Network must be thrilled to have our game.

Top Bottom