Wisconsin Coach Changing Axe Policy, Hasn't Talked To Coach Kill About it...

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
This ought to stir the pot...My guess is coach Kill and the U of M may have something to say about this.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does after the game mean? Meaning that the players won't be able to rush the sideline?

If so, don't even accept the stupid trophy if that happens. Let them keep it and be the laughing stock of college sports.

FU Gary Andersen and the horse you rode in on. This rivalry and the Axe are far bigger than you. Don't mess with the tradition and just STFU. I mean the sons a bitches already stole the original freaking Slab of Bacon that still RIGHTFULLY belongs to Minnesota and hid it away for 40-50 years and now want to mess with the main Axe tradition too. Wtf? Smh at this.

Don't like this proposal regardless of which team wins. Personally, I hope Coach Kill doesn't agree with him, but I am guessing diplomatic bureaucrats will have some say in this.

Really hope there kidding! Can't wait to be there to see the Gophers storm Becky's sideline!

It's clear they don't want to get their goalpost chopped.

I have got to believe this will make things awkward for Wisconsin players when the Gophers go in to their locker room to get it from them after the game.

The trophies are usually kept in a case until just before the end of the game. Not really sure where he is going with this one but I can't imagine he would jack around with things too much.

Andersen says players can bring The Axe back out onto the field, fans after they get it from the locker room.— Bucky's 5th Quarter (@B5Q) November 24, 2014

I have got to believe this will make things awkward for Wisconsin players when the Gophers go in to their locker room to get it from them after the game.

That's class A bull****. If that happens and we win, then stick it in the dumpster. That trophy is worthless if they mess with the tradition.

Ha! I see what you did there. That said, his proposal is absolutely ridiculous and lame.

Yeah that'll go over well, instead of the team storming the sidelines, they bust up the home locker room. No chance of a problem there.
What a F*$k. Piss off Andersen.

Simple answer. Put it on one end or corner of the endzone during the game. Then the players can rush to that spot rather than through the opponents bench. Just tell the winning team to chop the post opposite the Home teams student section until the home team has left the field.

If this is real that should absolutely be Kill's response. Why not get some trash talking going leading up to the game....

I normally don't get too concerned with stuff like this, but it's telling that even with the Badgers as a 13.5 point favorite, Gary Andersen wants to unilaterally implement this policy when Gophers have their best chance in ages of winning the Axe. It could not be more obvious that he doesn't want his sideline rushed in the event Wisconsin loses. It's very petty of him and Wisconsin to play this game, especially with less than a week until game day. I hope the idea gets washed away and forgotten.

Absolutely classless and brutal move by Andersen. Hopefully the media picks up on this and Gary is forced to reconsider.

I don't understand the reasoning behind it, I'm sure it will be dressed up in the guise of player safety or some such nonsense. Are there any rivalry trophies handled this way?

If not for Melvin Gordon, this hack would be in the same boat as Hoke and Pellini. His days are numbered regardless.

At least go & take something from their sideline then....I don't care what. A bench....headset....Powerade jug....Gary Andersen's wife....

I don't understand the reasoning behind it, I'm sure it will be dressed up in the guise of player safety or some such nonsense.

That's how it has been presented, to prevent post-game confrontations, like what happened last year.

Just when you think Sconnies couldn't get more annoying.

After we win it this year, for next year, let's keep the Axe in a TCF Bank vault at headquarters and make "Badgers" go get it from there if they win.

Everyone seems to forget that all of these shenanigans started in 2011, when the Badgers blasted through everyone singing "Hail Minnesota" to chop the east goal post. If they wait two minutes to come over, everyone leaves and this is a non-issue.

I don't like this new twist

I don't like hacking down goal post either

I have been a long time fan (20+years) and don't recall the goal post chopping until recent.

I think Coach should hold their player responsible. coach talked about not being able to stop their players is BULL ****. they own those kids with plenty over their heads. scholarships and playing time etc. the aftergame should be taught the same way as why they preach going to class etc.

coach is taking the easy way out and think he is too weak to coach if he cant control his kids.

this goes for both coaches in any heated rivalry game

Go ahead Gary and keep it safe for us while we are being presented with the Big Ten West Championship Trophy.

Top Bottom