Tale of the Tape

BarnBoy

Reaction score
Should be a good battle... Discuss.

21c9xj4.png

Win the turnover battle. Get off the field on D on 3rd down. Score on special teams.

We do all those, I think we win.

Wisky struggled early against Iowa's D who did a good job of bottling up Gordon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have something unique in store on D. Claeys should have some run blitzes and packages available to perhaps force Gordon horizontal out to Murray, Wells, and BBC who tackle better than most DB's.

On offense, Cobb or no Cobb, the OLine needs to handle the speedy twisting stunts of their front 7. Honestly I love Roderick in this game just mashing the middle for 3 and 4 yards and maybe add in some vertical routes to test the suspect wisky corners. They've been burned quite a bit in games I've seen.
Just don't let the wisky front 7 get free penetration into the backfield.

On special teams just play solid like we have, I bet there's a fake punt in the playbook if the opportunity arises.
Lay it on the line physically, hit them in the mouth, and don't let Gordon run free. Then you give yourself a good shot at a W.

This is great data. Thanks so much for posting. Love that Mortell, Santoso and the rest of special teams coverage & return units are doing a great job this season. Only one of the cogs of course, but I really think they deserve more public credit than they have already received. It is a full team game of course, but that whole unit and special teams coaching staff have been doing fantastic work, imo.

2nd (WI) & 3rd (MN) in time of possession. Both teams LOVE to run the ball for as long as possible. Something's got to give. :D

Both teams have been know to start slow this year, so the 1st Quarter is very important.

Bottle up Gordon the best you can and hit Stave early on. That should loosen him up a bit and watch the D and BBC do their thing.

Win the turnover battle. Get off the field on D on 3rd down. Score on special teams.

We do all those, I think we win.

I agree fellow section 103'er. Some read option with Nugget and Moose, with one of the speed guys to the edge should wear down their defense.

I am expecting some trickery from them with them bringing out McAvoy and throwing a bomb or two as he has mostly been a run only guy the past few weeks.

If we get up early with a solid offense or a special teams score and things unravel for Whiskey so that they are forced to pass it could be a blow out in favor of the gophers.

their passing game is average at best per other fans from other teams.

hope is to get up early! but no worries if we just hang in there until the end.

should be a good game!

We have to stop their run game. Put everyone in the box and challenge them to beat us through the air. We have great corners. Yep they may get burned once or twice but our only chance is to stop their run and force them to throw. Which is interesting because its the same way they will play us. This will make field position and special teams very important for this game and our special teams is a lot better than theirs (except maybe field goal kicking).

The stat that scares me the most was the sacks stat. They have only given up 5 but have gotten 24? Wow. That scares me. Leidner has not been good when he has been pressured. Hopefully our run game can slow down any pass rush they would have.

The big difference last year was turnovers (3 fumbles to 1 pick six), Nelson completing an abysmal 30% of passes for less than 4 yards a reception and Wisconsin holding onto the ball for almost 60% of the game. If we can fix the turnovers, move the chains and not let Wisconsin run wild I like our chances. They are good, but they haven't played a tough schedule, so maybe those numbers are a bit skewed. We'll find out soon enough.

Top Bottom