% OF BIG 10 FAN'S CHEERING FOR THE GOPHER'S SATURDAY AT WISKY

Gopher1934

Reaction score
I think All big ten fan's except those from Wisconsin will be behind our Rodent's this Saturday
Just like we would be pulling for an Indiana or Northwestern, I hope the Gophers will know everyone is behind them.

I agree Gopher 1934. I have talked with business contacts in other parts of the country this year and many of them are taking notice and cheering for the Gophers.

I think a lot will be, but not all. Ohio State, and people that fervently want a B1G team in the playoff, would probably prefer to play a higher-ranked Badger team in the B1G championship so the OSU playoff resume looks better.

That said, most folks will be pulling for the Gophers IMO. We're a great story.

All but Wisconsin & OSU fans.

OSU needs Wisconsin to win so if the Buckeyes win the CCG, it's against a 2-loss top 10-15 team.

Yep... my assumption is the same... OSU and obviously Wisonconsin fans will be pulling for Wisconsin. Outside of that... pretty much everyone in B1G country and beyond will be Gopher fans for that game. I guess possibly some sour grapes from the black and gold children of the corn for a split fan base directly south of our border.

Good point about OSU. They probably are also pulling for the Badgers because they fear a rematch :cool02:

The big question though is who will the refs be pulling for?

Anyone whose ever had the misfortune of being a visiting fan in Madison will be cheering for MN. Seriously everywhere has jerks and drunken idiots, but that is the majority of Sconnie fans on gameday. They legitimately want you to hate your time there. Unreal the difference between the people there and in Lincoln.

I know who Nebraska fans will be cheering for. They hate the skunks.

Quite true. The 2 times Nebraska has visited TCF since joining the Big Ten I've struck up conversations with their fans and they complain about how they were treated in Madison.

Quite true. The 2 times Nebraska has visited TCF since joining the Big Ten I've struck up conversations with their fans and they complain about how they were treated in Madison.

Seriously, is there some place out there where people tell a different story? I've lived in WI and have never been able to find the belligerent A-holes who pollute that city on gameday.

As a Badger fan, even I will be cheering for Minnesota if they win. I love Coach Kill and all he stands for.

Seriously, is there some place out there where people tell a different story? I've lived in WI and have never been able to find the belligerent A-holes who pollute that city on gameday.

Agreed. I married a girl from Wisconsin (she's a Gopher fan) and my in-laws are great....but I've been to Madison 3 times for football games and it's amazing the difference.

Every Iowa fan I have spoken with has basically said something along the lines of, "I hope you crush those ________." Everybody hates Wisconsin.

We were in Lincoln this past weekend and talked with many Husker fans after the game. Literally EVERYONE we talked with said they would be cheering for us this weekend! No surprise - they hate Badger fans too!

I would hate the Badgers if I was a Husker fan too. 3 big games all ending not just in losses, but in major embarrassment. I just hope they don't fire Coach Pelini.

Every Iowa fan I have spoken with has basically said something along the lines of, "I hope you crush those ________." Everybody hates Wisconsin.

When you have the most obnoxious fans in the conference by a mile, it's not hard to understand why they are universally hated.

What's the thing with Wisconsin?

Packer fans are known to moon the opposing team as their bus arrives at Lambeau.

I would hate the Badgers if I was a Husker fan too. 3 big games all ending not just in losses, but in major embarrassment. I just hope they don't fire Coach Pelini.

Wrong. They are the best fans in the Big 10 - incredibly knowledgeable, gracious, and respectful. Note, I said they hate Badger fans ... everyone had stories about how awful they've been treated by Badger fans. It's a consistent story everywhere you go.

I have been to Big Ten football games at every location except Purdue. Most of them multiple times and always clearly dressed in Badger gear. The only place I was not "harrassed" was State College.

Happy Valley really is a happy place.

I have been to Big Ten football games at every location except Purdue. Most of them multiple times and always clearly dressed in Badger gear. The only place I was not "harrassed" was State College.

well it might be how your arrogance is perceived? Wisconsin backers(both Packers and badgers) think its fine to be A$$ holes in other peoples homes. they were just brought up that way. I lived in Wisconsin for two years and i know first hand how they are smug and think so highly of themselves.

Worst fans this side of the north pole by far

I've been mostly ignored in IL, NW, PU. Patronized mostly politely sometimes weirdly in OSU/UMICH, which is annoying but I'm sure our "hockey only" front-runners are just as pompus. Had my balls busted in IA, but still many friendly people. In Lincoln they treat you like you've journeyed for 4 years to save their lives when you arrive. The way Sconnie fans talked to me and my family (with small kids) is how I expect arrival in prison to be for child sex offenders. It was truly remarkable, especially for a conference with such a cool tradition of visiting fans.

My arrogance? I'm not sure what you mean exactly. But let me clarify my point. I have been to sporting events all over the country dressed in the visiting teams colors. I have usually had comments directed at me as I expected that I might. But that doesnt' make an entire fan base awful or jerks or whatever. It just means that some people are jerks.

My arrogance? I'm not sure what you mean exactly. But let me clarify my point. I have been to sporting events all over the country dressed in the visiting teams colors. I have usually had comments directed at me as I expected that I might. But that doesnt' make an entire fan base awful or jerks or whatever. It just means that some people are jerks.

I doubt anyone means the entire fan base are jerks. I have plenty of buddies at work who are from that side of the St. Croix and cheer for ugly red. But they are able to be open minded about this week and admit Minnesota is likely to give them a game. And for the rest of the Badger fans, the ESPN talking heads, who undoubtedly will be picking Becky on Sat morning, we need to win to shut them up. Game is there for the players. Will be extremely tough, but they have their chance.

Completely unrelated, but wanna hit us with a quick Top 5 Stadiums list? I would like to start traveling more as I've only been to Evanston of all places...

back-pedal
[bak-ped-l]
verb (used without object), back-pedaled, back-pedaling or (especially British) back-pedalled, back-pedalling.
to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
to retreat from or reverse one's previous stand on any matter; shift ground:
to back-pedal after severe criticism.
Boxing. to retreat from an opponent, especially by stepping rapidly backward.

You will have a lot of Big 12 fans rooting for you...several thousand TCU fans! I'm sure you know this but we have been rooting for y'all since your game here. Of course it is self-interest but I have really come to respect and like your fans, your coach and your players! Cobb is a tough, tough guy. Your tight end is a phenom and your secondary is probably the best in the Big 10. Leidner is Leidner but the kid is also very tough and very persistent. I hope you win out and will forever wish the Gophers all the best....at least forever not counting September 3, 2015. We will definitely be there for the game and we are looking forward to visiting the area. I think we have decided to come up for a week or so.

I imagine most of the country will be with us as well. Just like we'll cheer (light heartedly of course) for Duke against Florida St in the ACC Championship.

DOH. Duke lost last week and Georgia Tech wrapped up the ACC Coastal. Guess I'll be a Ramblin' Wreck fan

You will have a lot of Big 12 fans rooting for you...several thousand TCU fans! I'm sure you know this but we have been rooting for y'all since your game here. Of course it is self-interest but I have really come to respect and like your fans, your coach and your players! Cobb is a tough, tough guy. Your tight end is a phenom and your secondary is probably the best in the Big 10. Leidner is Leidner but the kid is also very tough and very persistent. I hope you win out and will forever wish the Gophers all the best....at least forever not counting September 3, 2015. We will definitely be there for the game and we are looking forward to visiting the area. I think we have decided to come up for a week or so.

I think the feeling is mutual. Most of us have been cheering for TCU. I think you will be very pleased that you have decided to spend some time in Minnesota when you come up.

Top Bottom