What to do in Madison

Go to Smoky's - after that the Tornado Room makes a great steak. Both will hit the target.

I think Smoky's has really gone down hill, but it does have that Supper Club feel. The downtown places will probably be packed. A couple steak houses that are not downtown are the Wonder Bar (out by the Coliseum, where the hockey team used to play) and the west side has Delaney's (where we will be), Ruths Chris, and Flemings. The Wonder Bar has kind of a funky appeal, the chains are the chains, and Delaney's is more of a neighborhood steak house.

Badger cheerleaders don't eat, they graze!

Delaney's is solid. downtown tho? no, it is called uptown and it will always be uptown.

I think Smoky's has really gone down hill, but it does have that Supper Club feel. The downtown places will probably be packed. A couple steak houses that are not downtown are the Wonder Bar (out by the Coliseum, where the hockey team used to play) and the west side has Delaney's (where we will be), Ruths Chris, and Flemings. The Wonder Bar has kind of a funky appeal, the chains are the chains, and Delaney's is more of a neighborhood steak house.

Hmm...I'm assuming Chris is right next to Appleby's....another "chain " restaurant .

Anyone gonna go and see Gerry Dinardo and the BTN Game Day crew?

State Street Beer & Brats.

There's a diner right near the stadium that's great for Sunday morning as well. Name escapes me though.

Also back in the day there was a chicken sandwich trailer that was great drunk food. Don't recall the name either but maybe it's still around? Came with basically mayo and hot sauce.

There's a diner right near the stadium that's great for Sunday morning as well. Name escapes me though.

Also back in the day there was a chicken sandwich trailer that was great drunk food. Don't recall the name either but maybe it's still around? Came with basically mayo and hot sauce.

Are you thinking of Mickeys Dairy Barn? Place is a zoo to get into but awesome breakfast and great malts/shakes.

The chicken trailer is Jin's chicken, and it's perfect at 2:00am. Like you said, its mayo and hot sauce, but its incredible. Would most likely fail any food safety inspection.

Are you thinking of Mickeys Dairy Barn? Place is a zoo to get into but awesome breakfast and great malts/shakes.

The chicken trailer is Jin's chicken, and it's perfect at 2:00am. Like you said, its mayo and hot sauce, but its incredible. Would most likely fail any food safety inspection.

Yes to both. Thanks for the assist. Please tell me Jins still exists...it was a top priority whe I would come for Halloween, Mifflin and Gopher games.

For folks with children I strongly recommend Ella's deli on East Washington near Johnson Street.

It has a carousel outside in front.

My brother in law worked there in the 80's during college

Just do what all Budgie fans o in Minneapolis...

1) vomit;
2) lay in street in vomit;
3) vomit;
4) go to game;
5) vomit in seat;
6) sit in vomit;
7) leave game;
8) vomit in car.

Simple, concise.

Almost all of the great restaurants are around the Capitol. I personally recommend Cento, L'etoile, Graze, Harvest, Merchant, The Old Fashioned, and Coopers Tavern. That is a good mix of fine dining and more affordable but unique/hip spots.

We were planning to go to The Old Fashioned Friday evening, but they are closed both Thursday AND Friday for Thanksgiving. Nice. :rolleyes:

Beer and singing the Minnesota Rouser at the Essen Haus after the Gophers win the Big Ten West!!!

Dairy Barn?

well, it's mickie's dairy bar. cripes.

Top Bottom