Apologies will be accepted. Naysayers forgiven

Great thread but I doubt Dean really said that. He is always dead on with his analysis.

I read the quotes at the beginning of this thread for the first time just now and for that I am thankful. I have a self imposed rule that I do not visit GopherHole until at least Tuesday or Wednesday of the week following a loss. The amount of bridge jumping that goes on after each loss is comical and depressing at the same time.

For many, predicting failure is a win-win. You are either right and can enjoy thumping your chest saying "I told you so" or you are wrong and get to enjoy success of the the team.

For many, predicting failure is a win-win. You are either right and can enjoy thumping your chest saying "I told you so" or you are wrong and get to enjoy success of the the team.

I think that sums up many (certainly a loud minority) of our potential casual fans, which is why some die hards are so slow to embrace newbies.

I don't care. Even losers who get proud from being able to say that they "told me" that bad stuff would happen in the past are welcome. More the merrier IMO. This is supposed to be fun. If you treat any part of our leisure time being bitter about how others spend their leisure time you are missing the point of life.

Instead of looking back at what people SAID, let's look at what PEOPLE ARE SAYING!!!

Bringing up things from the past serves no useful purpose.

You have such a good sense of humor and bring it here regularly, so I'm sure you're just teasing. I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially you, but had fun reading some of those remarks and thought those posters might want a chance to say "whew, I'm glad we didn't fire JK, Limegrover, and ML7 after the TCU game..."

I was a naysayer, I thought they would go 1-3 over the last 4---with the lone win again the chickenhawks

Is this thread number 2 on this subject? I already apologized. Not doing it twice. Besides, I love roiling up the natives. So, no. I don't apologize. Lol.

Is this thread number 2 on this subject? I already apologized. Not doing it twice. Besides, I love roiling up the natives. So, no. I don't apologize. Lol.
If so, I apologize. If you've already apologized, I apologize for missing it.

I'm not in the naughty list above but you could find some negative posts I made after the Illinois game. I thought that was going to lead to another Gopher end of season meltdown. I'll gladly eat crow, the season is a success regardless of what happens Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killme is the 'friend of tubby' of the football board.

I'm just enjoying the moment. and praying for a win this coming Saturday. It's been a long time since I've felt this good about Minnesota football. It's nice to see all the positive vibes surrounding the program at the moment, but I'm aware that they could quickly disappear should we stumble in Madison, just as a fumble in Champaign-Urbana caused a momentary melt down. I have faith in Kill and company. I think we are headed in the right direction. But we still have a ways to go before we can reliably compete for the BIG title. We need to upgrade further the talent pool that we have, and that means continuing to win, upgrading our facilities (don't forget to contribute) and supporting our team. If we do that, I think we can return to the competitive levels we once enjoyed when we won our National Championships. Over recent years, the posters who have irritated me the most, are those who say that Minnesota will never be able to reach that level. We went to the Rose Bowl in both my junior and senior years at Minnesota. If we did it then, we can do it now. Go Gophers!!!

VAGopher, I am with you.

Top Bottom