Kill says he won't play Cobb if he's only 85-90% healthy

So these two are going to run for 200 easily against a defense that gives up less then 100 yards rushing a game. Yep that makes sense to me.

Not defending DoubleAlum, and not making any predictions, but Wisconsin hasn't exactly played a bruising schedule. Their highest ranked rushing opponent was 6th in the conference (Nebraska)

OPPONENT (B1G TEAM RUSHING RANK) YDs AGAINST WI

Northwestern (10th in B1G) 203 yards
Illinois (12th) 153
Maryland (13th) 46
Rutgers (11th) 76
Purdue (8th) 26
Nebraska (6th) 118
Iowa (7th) 101

LSU 126

Not defending DoubleAlum, and not making any predictions, but Wisconsin hasn't exactly played a bruising schedule. Their highest ranked rushing opponent was 6th in the conference (Nebraska)

Illinois (12th) 153
Maryland (13th) 46
Rutgers (11th) 76
Purdue (8th) 26
Nebraska (6th) 118
Iowa (7th) 101

LSU 126

My issue was the notion that a Kirkwood/Williams combo would get an easy 200 against the top defense in the conference. I don't think Cobb could get an easy 200 against them so I definitely don't think Kirkwood/Williams would have any shot at getting close to that. Had he gone with 100 instead of 200 I could have agreed with that.

Illinois (12th) 153
Maryland (13th) 46
Rutgers (11th) 76
Purdue (8th) 26
Nebraska (6th) 118
Iowa (7th) 101

LSU 126

What were they ranked before they played Wisconsin or is that what you're reflecting in those numbers? I would have imagined Nebraska would be higher. Regardless, those stats are impressive. We'll want Cobb in there.

A big game from Kirkwood would be an amazing story. It seems a long time ago that he was busting tackles as a true freshman against Lane Kiffin's USC team in 2010. I thought he would be the next MB3. He seems to be a great teammate and a big game would be a wonderful way to go out.

My issue was the notion that a Kirkwood/Williams combo would get an easy 200 against the top defense in the conference. I don't think Cobb could get an easy 200 against them so I definitely don't think Kirkwood/Williams would have any shot at getting close to that. Had he gone with 100 instead of 200 I could have agreed with that.

The comment was that they COULD easily top 200 yards combined. It was not that they WOULD.

If Cobb can't go then I think it has to be Nugget. I love Kirkwood - he has been a great Gopher, but he just isn't as good as Williams IMO.

Top Bottom