Big Ten states Wisconsin at least co-champion of West

You know, you guys are right. Nothing should ever change. We should have stuck with the old ways, because the old-timers in the 1890s and 1900s had it figured. Forget the BCS, 4 team CFB playoff, 8 team CFB payoff especially would be horrible. Makes no sense to designate a champion in college sports. We're all winners.

On a more serious note, it would be interesting to go back and determine the tiebreakers on all the co-championships.

No one is saying that nothing should ever change, but you are confusing what you WANT with what IS. Just because you want something to be a certain way, doesn't mean it is a fact.

No one is saying that nothing should ever change, but you are confusing what you WANT with what IS. Just because you want something to be a certain way, doesn't mean it is a fact.

Literally nobody is saying that. Everyone recognizes that it IS what it IS, we are discussing WHY it IS and what some WANT.

Why would the Badger team want to be labeled a "co-champion" before the final game is played. It is possible they could win and simply be the champion. It would irk me if I was a Badger fan. So, not a fundamental attribution error. It just plain stinks.

Why would the Badger team want to be labeled a "co-champion" before the final game is played. It is possible they could win and simply be the champion. It would irk me if I was a Badger fan. So, not a fundamental attribution error. It just plain stinks.

They are labeled as at worst a co-champion meaning they can finish no worse then co-champion. Obviously everyone over in Buckyville wants the whole thing to themselves and won't give a crap about being co-champs since it won't come with a trip to the Big Ten championship game. I can't believe this little press release has gotten to 4 pages over something that a month from now no one will care about.

This is a pretty stupid idea on the B1G's part IMHO. They could've really hyped this game, bringing out the Western Division Trophy during the 4th Quarter and placing it next to the axe. Or having a ceremony for the winner after the game.

A scenario just like this will happen again someday (where teams are playing for a right to go to the B1G Championship game. Why not hype it up rather than devalue it?

Top Bottom