BTN's Tom Dienhart: Jerry Kill may be the top coach in the Big Ten

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dienhart's "What I Learned" column:

Jerry Kill may be the top coach in the Big Ten. Yes, a great case can be made for Mark Dantonio and Urban Meyer. But Kill and his staff continue to amaze. The latest gem: a 28-24 triumph at Nebraska. The victory sets up a winner-takes-all West Division showdown next Saturday in Madison vs. Wisconsin, which has won six in a row. This figures to be a memorable battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe. Who thought the Golden Gophers would be one win from playing for their first Big Ten title since 1967? Credit Kill, who some thought should step down last season because of his health issues.

http://btn.com/2014/11/23/what-did-tom-dienhart-learn-about-the-big-ten-in-week-13-heres-what/

Go Gophers!!

Even if I take off my maroon and gold glasses, I think a very strong case can be made for B1G coach of the year. No one has exceeded expectations like Minnesota has this year.

Who else thought Jerry should step down beyond the obvious Souhan? I know there were others, I just can't remember who. Several "fans" on this board, if I remember correctly.

Who else thought Jerry should step down beyond the obvious Souhan? I know there were others, I just can't remember who. Several "fans" on this board, if I remember correctly.

You only need to look back as far as the TCU game.

I think Dubay did but if I remember correctly he at least admitted he was wrong.

Souhan's writer buddy in Indi (I believe). Besides the show with Dubay, it was the only person Souhan would provide quotes to. Every other situation in which someone would disagree with what he said, he avoided. This included Outside the Lines on ESPN. He didn't participate in the discussion on national TV because the other guests wouldn't agree with everything he said like on the radio show. He knew they could make him look like an even bigger idiot than he already did. Essentially, he was a coward.

Don't know about the fans on here but Zulgadd was another one. Dubay too.

They didn't blatantly say it, but they hinted at it for weeks on the show saying "something needed to be done" and that they couldn't continue to operate this way.

I should probably tweet that at him next time he mentions coach kill.

Don't know about the fans on here but Zulgadd was another one. Dubay too.

They didn't blatantly say it, but they hinted at it for weeks on the show saying "something needed to be done" and that they couldn't continue to operate this way.

I should probably tweet that at him next time he mentions coach kill.

The problem with those two is they think Teague should tell them everything he is doing and thinking......like he owes it to them. If they aren't told what Teague is doing, it means he is doing nothing.:banghead:

The problem with those two is they think Teague should tell them everything he is doing and thinking......like he owes it to them. If they aren't told what Teague is doing, it means he is doing nothing.

Those are my thoughts exactly.

I will be paying for this mistake for years to come. I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy.

I privately thought Kill's career was likely/possibly/maybe done after Michigan last year.

I'll admit it.

Top Bottom