Roll call for Big Ten West Division Title Game at wisconsin?

Anyone know where the visitor section is? Ready to get some seats but would like to be near Gopher fans!

I think most who got tix thru the U are in II, JJ, and KK. Might not be your first choice??!!

Way too early weather forecast: High of 21 degrees, low of 9 (this is for whole day; can't find hourly), less than 10% chance of precip. Won't be anywhere near as bad as at TCF last year, but still cold. We plan to tailgate indoors and just brave weather for game, unless forecast improves.

Visitors' section: it is scattered around the stadium. Most of the sections mentioned, with the exception of DD are areas where visitors sit. In the lower level, the first 15 rows are a little hard to see the field without standing; this might not be true in the end zones. Generally, visitors are in the lower seats and top seats of the corners and fieldhouse endzone (i.e. away from students). First row of KK would be fun seats - good view, can watch students, but not be too close for comfort.

Will be fun to play for the axe with more than pride on the line. I think both fan bases are excited about it.

I'll be in the first row of KK! Thanks for the props!

Suggestion for all Gopher fans attending Saturday's game, bring a GOLD towel to wave. If you haven't been to camp randy (I've been to every WI away game since the 90's including a couple in the 80's which was pre-D1 status for the skunks), they really split up the Gopher fans and put most of us up high where it is hard for the players to hear us. I think we'll have fans all over the place for this one and will make some noise but waving the towels will be more obvious. Also, wear as much GOLD as possible as GOLD really stands out against better dead than red.

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

Mrs. Deke and I will be there. First visit to CR and hoping to see my first away victory!

I'll be there with 5+ other Gophers yelling loud and proud from the student section. This is the biggest game of my 22 year life and most anticipated since '03 (TheGameWhichMustNotBeNamed). First time to Madison. Not sure if i'll be able to sleep friday night.....

SKI-U-MAH!!!

Section B!! Me and three friends are going, first road game I've ever gone too! First time in my 22 years to have a chance to win the conference no way am I going to miss it!

I'll be there with my dad. I believe we are sitting in section Y1! Can't wait!

Nate Dawg and I are in, and are going to scalp tickets. Hotels are always the toughest to get, and it wasn't hard this year - I think it's because it's Thanksgiving weekend.

Nate Dawg and I are in, and are going to scalp tickets. Hotels are always the toughest to get, and it wasn't hard this year - I think it's because it's Thanksgiving weekend.

Deer hunting too.

My co-worker, whose kids live in Chicago decided to have their family Thanksgiving in Madison and buy tickets at the beginning of the season. They pay attention, but are not rabid fans. Bet they did think they were going to see the biggest game in 50 years.

Saw a few people post in the thread and said they are going to be in the student section... Mind if I ask how much you paid for your ticket? And how you went about obtaining a student ticket?

I am going with 2 other Gopher fans and one Badger fans (he is providing us a tailgate and place to stay...) we are in section YZ. Bought through uwbadgers.com

FYI - Those in W, X, Ys (three sections), and fieldhouse endzone will be by the Gopher cheerleaders.

Two tickets for my Dad (first time in Camp Randall) and myself. Section V Row 24. SKI-U-MAH!

Section AA, row 12.

Leaving Saturday morning with a fairly large group.

Visitors' section: it is scattered around the stadium. Most of the sections mentioned, with the exception of DD are areas where visitors sit. In the lower level, the first 15 rows are a little hard to see the field without standing; this might not be true in the end zones. Generally, visitors are in the lower seats and top seats of the corners and fieldhouse endzone (i.e. away from students). First row of KK would be fun seats - good view, can watch students, but not be too close for comfort.
We ordered our tix thru the U like we do every time and our seats are actually in section DD, the section you said aren't for visiting fans so UW may have changed the visiting sections it looks like. I think this will be my 7th trip to Madison for football and I've never been in DD so I'm a bit confused. Anyone else here in section DD?

Cheap motel...check.

Cheap tickets...still working on that but will probably scalp as well.

Just bought my tickets in section II>

Just bought my tickets in section II>

How much if you don't mind my asking?

Never mind. I'm pretty sure where you got them from, and for how much, after looking again on-line.

Saw a few people post in the thread and said they are going to be in the student section... Mind if I ask how much you paid for your ticket? And how you went about obtaining a student ticket?

35$ longtime friend goes to Madison and has hooked us up prior for student tix to basketball games. I guess student section tickets were easy to come by this week because so many of the kids were leaving to go home for thanksgiving. i.e. back to minneapolis :rolleyes:

With so much being on the line likely not, but would love if that fact (being that it is indeed Thanksgiving weekend) impacts their overall student section & really overall stadium attendance just a bit and lessens their noise/home field advantage some. Hey, got to look for all the angles right?! ;)

Edit: And apparently WI deer hunting too according to the lovely Mrs. TAW. :D

Just a heads up for you guys it took about 30 minutes to get into the stadium at the Nebraska game. I think it was the perfect storm of a popular game, people wanting to be in their seats for the kickoff, and people not wanting to get there too early because of the cold that caused the crush. I'd recommend being in line 30 minutes before the game starts just in case - unless it is not important to you to be there for the kickoff.

Think TCF 2009.

Top Bottom