Who is your Gophers MVP in MASSIVE win over Nebraska?

Who is your Gophers MVP in MASSIVE win over Nebraska?

• Mitch Leidner

Votes: 70 51.9%
  • Rodrick Williams

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Votes: 55 40.7%
  • KJ Maye

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
Leidner. Honorable mention mention to Kirkwood and Nugget for filling in the way they did when Cobb went down. Also want to note BBC's stripception, they play was all cajones.

Leidner. We wouldn't have won without his play, especially in the second half.

Leidner for his throw to KJ and his running and for stepping up when Cobb went down. After Cobb left Leidner went 4 for 7 for 81 yards.

Leidner played a hell of a game. This team is tough!!! Thanks Jerry Kill!!!

BBC! Game over without him. Guy is an amazing playmaker and now my favorite Gopher!

Without BBC's big play, it probably would have been a TD, as the Nebraska player was falling backwards into the endzone.

And we would have been behind by with only a little over a minute to play. So my vote goes to BBC.

What are you talking about? The WR was ineligible.

Leidner. Showed some serious leadership today. His passing was inconsistent today, but he made up for it with his legs and he knew that he would have to take some of the load w/o Cobb.

I'm going with Mitch. After Cobb went down he was determined to get the win. He played smart and both passes and ran well. However, this was a team effort with great play by many players and very good coaching.

Have to second what others have said. If BBC does not strip the ball, the completion is negated by penalty, and Neb would have had a 3rd and 14 from the MN 35 with 1:19 left to play. Obviously, no way to know what would have happened, but I like the odds of the Gopher defense not allowing a TD in that situation.

Leidner is frustrating play-to-play and series-to-series because he's so inconsistent, but he played one helluva half of football. Boddy-Calhoun's heroics aside, we probably aren't in shouting distance if Leidner doesn't play as well as he did in the second half.

Mitch was clutch. Him. What a pass. And great runs at the right time

BBC - Mitch was not good at all in the first half.

BBC did a great job of catching that easiest interception ever in the first half... I mean..?

ML7 all the way for this one. Leading rusher, hit some huge throws, minimized his mistakes, he won this game for us. Can't believe this pole is even close.

How about all of the above? If I have to pick one I went with Leidner, but you could make an argument for all.

Leidner - how many first downs RUSHING did he get? Great pass to Maye at a critical time.

Williams - key touchdown on 4th and 1. Good job rushing when he was in there. Next guy up.

Calhoun - game winning strip.

Maye - the catch was critical. They probably lose if he doesn't make it.

Others:

Kirkwood - great touchdown run, the run on 2nd down that iced the game was excellent - just shoved the defender out of his way and made the first down. Stepped up when Cobb went down.

Thomas - that block he made on Williams' 4th and 1 run should be SportsCenter top 10 material. Took two guys out and pancaked the guy closest to Williams.

How about the entire offensive line and Epping catching that popped out Leidner fumble on the last scoring drive.

The Oline deserves a shout out too. They aren't getting the respect they deserve in my opinion. Let's hope they can repeat their performance at Madison.

Top Bottom